GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Warm Home discount scheme ... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warm Home discount scheme ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Home discount scheme ...

I hadn't really heard of this scheme until recently but went on the Govt web site to have a look.
    It stated you need to qualify by satisfying all three of the below -

1) Your supplier offers the scheme
    2) Your name (or your partners) is on the bill
    3) You recieve the gurantee credit element of the Pension credit scheme.

Well I didn't satiisfy all 3 of those, so I thought..ok , forget it..

But further down the page it also says..

Each supplier has 'their own' scheme...

So, I went on to my suppliers web site (First Utility) and found the details and an online application form.

The criteria for qualification for my supplier was different to the above , and so i filled in the online form and emailed it back to them.

2 weeks later they replied to say I qualified, and am eligible for the £140.00 electric refund, paid to my account by 31st March 2015.

No forms to send off or anything.

This is a massive help with high fuel costs over winter and I wondered how many others either didn't know about the scheme or just read the first part of the Govt web page and thought they wouldn't qualify.

So it's worth checking out with your electricity supplier to see if you satisfy their criteria...£140 is worth having isn't it.

Re: Warm Home discount scheme ...

Thanks for posting about this - I didn't know about it and neither did my parents. Any relief to help towards paying the extortionate prices of energy is always something!
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

we have just applied for it with EDF. criteria for us was child tax credits but other benefits also qualify. be advised though, it does seem 'only for a limited amount of applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
        I hadn't really heard of this scheme until recently but went on the Govt web site to have a look.
        It stated you need to qualify by satisfying all three of the below -

1) Your supplier offers the scheme
        2) Your name (or your partners) is on the bill
        3) You recieve the gurantee credit element of the Pension credit scheme.

Well I didn't satiisfy all 3 of those, so I thought..ok , forget it..

But further down the page it also says..

Each supplier has 'their own' scheme...

So, I went on to my suppliers web site (First Utility) and found the details and an online application form.

The criteria for qualification for my supplier was different to the above , and so i filled in the online form and emailed it back to them.

2 weeks later they replied to say I qualified, and am eligible for the £140.00 electric refund, paid to my account by 31st March 2015.

No forms to send off or anything.

This is a massive help with high fuel costs over winter and I wondered how many others either didn't know about the scheme or just read the first part of the Govt web page and thought they wouldn't qualify.

So it's worth checking out with your electricity supplier to see if you satisfy their criteria...£140 is worth having isn't it.
        What was your energy supplier's criteria and how did that differ from the official Government scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          What was your energy supplier's criteria and how did that differ from the official Government scheme?
          here's the link...

http://www.first-utility.com/about-u...omes-discount/

bascially they have a 'core group' You will qualify as part of the Core Group if you, or your partner living with you, are either:
          • Receiving only the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (no Savings Credit - no age restriction)
          • Aged 65 or over and receiving both the Guarantee and Savings element of Pension Credit

If either of these apply, the DWP should write to you this autumn and let you know. They will also notify us so we can pay your rebate and you do not need to contact us about this.

failing that they have a 'broader group'..

If you have not received a letter from DWP you may be eligible to apply for the Broader Group.
          To be eligible to apply for this, you, or your partner living with you, must meet one of these Eligibility Criteria Sets:

Set A You receive Pension Credit (unless already qualifying as part of Core Group above)

Set B You receive one of the following benefits:
          • Income support, or
          • Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), or
          • Income based Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA)
          • The Universal Credit equivalent of one of the above three benefits

AND either:
          • there is a child aged 18 years or under living with you who is in full time education, or
          • there is a child aged 5 years or under living with you, or
          • you (or your partner living with you) are receiving one or more of these additional benefits:
            • you have a work related or support component to your employment and support allowance, (or Universal Credit equivalent) or
            • Disability Premium, Enhanced Disability Premium or Severe Disability Premium, or;
            • Pensioner Premium, Higher Pension Premium or Enhanced Pensioner Premium.

Set C Your gross annual household income** is less than £16,010
          AND one or more of the following applies to your home:
          • there is a child aged 18 years or under living with you who is in full time education
          • there is a child aged 5 years or under living with you
          • you, or your partner, is aged 62 or over
          • you receive Income Related Benefit which includes a Carer’s Premium
          • you receive Personal Independence Payments, Disability Living Allowance, Incapacity Benefit or Attendance Allowance for yourself or for another adult or child living with you
          • you receive exemption from NHS prescription charges (where such charges normally apply) because you have on-going / chronic illness
          • you are registered disabled
          • you are living with a mental or physical disability or illness

** Household income includes War Disablement Pension, Disablement Pension Allowance and Working Tax Credit. Household income excludes Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit, Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit; and is before tax and National Insurance are deducted (gross income).

If you feel you are eligible for the discount, please read the Warm Home Discount Scheme terms and conditions before you apply. Before applying you MUST be a First Utility customer on electricity supply with a valid account number. In order to receive your discount you must be a customer on supply at the time of payment by March 31 2015.
          *Please note that eligibility does not necessarily guarantee you a payment because the scheme is first come first served. Once the available funding runs out, the scheme will close to new applicants.

Comment

so,for me it was simple..I qualified under Set C as I am over 62 and my gross income is less than £16,010 pa . I thus filled in the online form and as they obviously still had some funding left they approved me..they haven't asked for any evidence (but might later)..but that's not a problem if they do.

Comment

Working...
            X