GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script In credit and refund request/SWALEC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In credit and refund request/SWALEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In credit and refund request/SWALEC

As both Gas/Elec bills are due, I missed the guy who came to take the readings, so I recorded them and sent them online.

It works out that I am in credit at about £200 on the Gas and Just in Credit by £24 on the Electric this is after submitting the readings.

Now I understand in the news some months back that energy supplies are to refund customers if over a certain amount in credit.

I may be interested in requesting for my refund for the GAS, not bothered about the electric as that is not by that much.

I am with Swalec for both, so wonder if anyone here are with them and had dealings with them on requesting a refund? (I thought after a certain amount that it would be now automatic refunds)??

Thanks in advance x

Re: In credit and refund request/SWALEC

From what I understand, SWALEC isn't one of the companies that give automatic refunds (and neither is my gas/electricity provider )

Good luck with the refund...and maybe you need to look into lowering your DD. I'm in the middle of all this with my provider...and to think they wanted to increase my DD a few months back! I'm glad I stuck to my guns or I'd be even more in credit now.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      From what I understand, SWALEC isn't one of the companies that give automatic refunds (and neither is my gas/electricity provider )

Good luck with the refund...and maybe you need to look into lowering your DD. I'm in the middle of all this with my provider...and to think they wanted to increase my DD a few months back! I'm glad I stuck to my guns or I'd be even more in credit now.
      Thank you Pixie

Arh right I thought it went for all providers but there we are, maybe worth me contacting them, as its been well over a year with me paying the same payments, so hopefully they shouldnt use the excuse of waiting that full year.

I will leave the electric where it is though and the fact that we have yet the summer months to go yet, the bills should not be that high in the next bill either.

Thank you for that though lovely and I do hope it all sorts out for you, fingers crossed Xx

Comment

........and sorted, am so surprised lol, he said after a year they review and anything over £5 in credit they refund, then sort out new repayments. Happy Days! thanks honey X

Comment

We need 2 tyres so it will help to pay for them x

Comment

It's great when this happens, I recently received £400 rebate and my DD dropped by £40 pcm
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Again I had another refund on both, not far off £500 for both gas and electric together, they did say about dropping the payments but I insisted to continue to see what happens after the winter bills, so not bad second time round this year, having both the loft insulated and external of the house insulated helping big time, was always owing them over a year ago lol.

Comment

Every bit helps Do that's great x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Brilliant news Di, it'll come in handy eh!!
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Nice one Di !
                    I was amazed to see Swalec automatically refunded me £80 too.
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X