GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script [CLOSED] - Christmas, Love or Hate it? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CLOSED] - Christmas, Love or Hate it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CLOSED] - Christmas, Love or Hate it?

I love Christmas, love seeing childrens/friends faces as they unwrap their presents.

Plus I watch my favourite film every year too

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Christmas, Love or Hate it?

I love it!!!

I love watching A Wonderful Life ...not forgetting The Snowman, Elf and Miracle on 34th Street...
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

me too

do all of those
      still do stockings for the children (who are huge adults)
      feed the five thousand on Christmas Day and then appear to run a Christmas soup kitchen for the next week or so

love it to bits

have lots of family traditions that have to be stuck to, like collecting the Christmas tree, giving it a name

same Christmas tree ornaments (I've got some the kids made 20 years ago)!!

big Christmas softy me...........

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        me too

do all of those
        still do stockings for the children (who are huge adults)
        feed the five thousand on Christmas Day and then appear to run a Christmas soup kitchen for the next week or so

love it to bits

have lots of family traditions that have to be stuck to, like collecting the Christmas tree, giving it a name

same Christmas tree ornaments (I've got some the kids made 20 years ago)!!

big Christmas softy me...........
        I could have posted that!!!

I don't hold with "colour co-ordinated" trees etc. The ornaments that my DDs (and now my GDs) have made and collected over the years are far more meaningful.

We have a Santa elf that is only visible to adults who reports back to Santa on whether the children are being good or naughty. The children always want to know where Elfred is. It works a treat...I've even used it in school but unfortunately, the class I have this year don't believe in Santa

I can't wait for Christmas this year as my GDs, at 4 and almost 3, are a lovely age and are getting soooo excited...and I'll have a new baby grandson too

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post

I don't hold with "colour co-ordinated" trees etc. The ornaments that my DDs (and now my GDs) have made and collected over the years are far more meaningful.

We have a Santa elf that is only visible to adults who reports back to Santa on whether the children are being good or naughty. The children always want to know where Elfred is. It works a treat...I've even used it in school but unfortunately, the class I have this year don't believe in Santa

I can't wait for Christmas this year as my GDs, at 4 and almost 3, are a lovely age and are getting soooo excited...and I'll have a new baby grandson too
          Can I see............

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
            Can I see............
            No need I2D...we know you're norty

Comment

No need I2D...we know you're norty

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                Can I see............

Can I see instead then?

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                  Can I see instead then?
                  No 'cause you are very norty too!!

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                    No 'cause you are very norty too!!
                    Lol - bugger!

Comment

I like xmas, mainly cos i get to eat loads of cheese and drink loads of whiskey lol.

My wife goes mad for xmas, like a big kid, stockings, pressies, all the decs, everything.

Infact im sure come boxing day shes counting down the days to next xmas lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                        Lol - bugger!

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        I like xmas, mainly cos i get to eat loads of cheese and drink loads of whiskey lol.

My wife goes mad for xmas, like a big kid, stockings, pressies, all the decs, everything.

Infact im sure come boxing day shes counting down the days to next xmas lol.
                        Sounds like a brilliant Christmas at your house SXGuy

Comment

Neither. I'm 100% neutral about it. It is like something which happens 'out there', and I'm completely detached from it. There is honestly no difference between December 25th and any other day, except that you can't go anywhere because there are no buses or trains running. When I had a job I used to volunteer every year for the work shifts on December 24/25/26 so that people with families could be at home. The last two years, I have had (freelance) work assignments come in on December 23rd, so I've worked a 16 hour day for the next three days. It doesn't matter, they are just days like any other.

A lot of people hate it because they are worried about spending money, but if you've got no family it is a zero expense. I always spend less money in December than any other month of the year.

January 27th is different. I never work on that day even if I've got a huge backlog. Time for myself no matter what is happening.

SH

Comment

Well I'm a Scottish Muslim so make of that what you wish

What's 27th of Jan SH? Burns is 25th so I'm up for that but the 27th...?
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm working again this Xmas. That's 4 in a row now
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X