GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script [CLOSED] - Christmas, Love or Hate it? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CLOSED] - Christmas, Love or Hate it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas, Love or Hate it?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I'm working again this Xmas. That's 4 in a row now
    Aww No that's so unfair
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I do love Christmas but think it’s over hyped.
      Too much food is consumed and is a sad time for a lot of people, I Lost both my parents in December
      For the last 4 years I’ve gone with Mrs i2d and my 2DD’s to the Salvation Army Hall, and cooked Christmas dinner for between 50/60 people.That's what I think Christmas is about helping people.
      This year we are not doing it due to DD1 being away at uni she’s only home for a few days, so we decided to stay at home this year just the four of us.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        Too much food is consumed and is a sad time for a lot of people, I Lost both my parents in December
        For the last 4 years I’ve gone with Mrs i2d and my 2DD’s to the Salvation Army Hall, and cooked Christmas dinner for between 50/60 people.That's what I think Christmas is about helping people.
        This year we are not doing it due to DD1 being away at uni she’s only home for a few days, so we decided to stay at home this year just the four of us.
        I agree it is over hyped these days.

I'm sorry December was a sad time for you.

Deepie that's amazing and a wonderful thing to do, you both are stars
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Remember Mrs I2D runs marathons etc for charity.

Respect where it's due
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
            I agree that it's over-hyped these days but you don't need to spend a fortune. A well-thought-out gift is far better than splurging loads of money on buying the latest "in" thing.

Time spent with family, relaxing, chatting, playing board games, the look on GDs' faces when they see the tree decorated or see Santa..that's Christmas...

My Mum died a couple of days before Christmas so there's always that tinge of sadness now but, as they say, life goes on and I'm looking forward to it.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Amazing I2D, I hope you have a fabulous family Christmas

cooking for 4 will be a doddle, don't suppose you could find a place in your oven for my sprouts, some of me tatties and my vegetarian option (no idea what it's going to be yet)????

Comment

I've just read that Christmas songs are re-enetering the Top 40

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                  Amazing I2D, I hope you have a fabulous family Christmas

cooking for 4 will be a doddle, don't suppose you could find a place in your oven for my sprouts, some of me tatties and my vegetarian option (no idea what it's going to be yet)????
                  I think it will be harder..............

Comment

Will you be cooking or will you be "directing" Mrs I2D while enjoying a glass or two...?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      Will you be cooking or will you be "directing" Mrs I2D while enjoying a glass or two...?
                      Mrs i2d can't cook...... I'll be doing it.... but I like cooking with a glass or two.

Comment

I love Christmas. We all spend Christmas at my dad's and this will be the first year without him and I feel sh#t. One of my sons is living there and they have decorated the house etc

We break up late from school so it's going to be a mad dash getting there, shopping for 7, wrapping presses etc.

Never mind I should be able to go bodyboarding over Christmas if my damaged knee doesn't give way ........ I'm just about ready for the knackers yard!

Comment

och Cym you can have a wee maudling toast and lots of fabulous thoughts of Christmases past, your Dad wouldn't want you to feel like shit, he's want you to have a good time with the family.

not sure about the bodyboarding, are you mad woman??
                          it's winter, it will be cold, me? I'd probably drown first go, never mind the various knackered bits

having a wee malt around a big fire, that sounds more like it..........

Comment

Was hard the first christmas after my dad past away, but it does get easier, to be strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              I could have posted that!!!

I don't hold with "colour co-ordinated" trees etc. The ornaments that my DDs (and now my GDs) have made and collected over the years are far more meaningful.

We have a Santa elf that is only visible to adults who reports back to Santa on whether the children are being good or naughty. The children always want to know where Elfred is. It works a treat...I've even used it in school but unfortunately, the class I have this year don't believe in Santa

I can't wait for Christmas this year as my GDs, at 4 and almost 3, are a lovely age and are getting soooo excited...and I'll have a new baby grandson too
                              How lovely, my grandson is 11 months on 25th so this year will be even more exciting watching him enjoy his 1st Christmas.
                              Congrats on the new grandson when he finally arrives

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                                och Cym you can have a wee maudling toast and lots of fabulous thoughts of Christmases past, your Dad wouldn't want you to feel like shit, he's want you to have a good time with the family.

not sure about the bodyboarding, are you mad woman??
                                it's winter, it will be cold, me? I'd probably drown first go, never mind the various knackered bits

having a wee malt around a big fire, that sounds more like it..........
                                Dad loved buying things for Christmas, so there are lots of decorations that will remind us all about him.

As for going in the sea, whilst my son who is in his twenties still wants to be seen in public with me I have to go!!! Then have a wee dram or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X