GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied
    Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    You could also twiddle with your giggle pin.
    But is it likely to be a fault with the thrutching plate?

Leave a comment:

• garlok
    replied

You could also twiddle with your giggle pin.

Garlok

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Look closely around windscreen inside and out also if your car has a scuttle panel under bonnet with drain off pipes
    Is the scuttle panel where the sea-cocks are located?

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Scuttle panel as I thought above it is also a common problem on my galaxy, ID2 I would check it twice a year and certainly at the end of summer when the leafs start falling.

Glad you got it sorted m8
    Thanks for looking in guys

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Scuttle panel as I thought above it is also a common problem on my galaxy, ID2 I would check it twice a year and certainly at the end of summer when the leafs start falling.

Glad you got it sorted m8

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    Got into my car this morning .....to fine the driver side foot well full of water now I have no idea about cars......help anybody
    Originally posted by oscar View Post
    What car is it?? And what reg, year?
    VW Passat....93
    told you i no nothing about cars it's 2003 not 93
    just below the wiper blades in the engine there a plastic cover... remove that ....take the battery out...under the battery theres a drian hole that was blocked & the rain water was coming in the driver side thrugh various leads....
    took it to my local garage he sorted it 10 mins...said it was a common problem with the Passat

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Look closely around windscreen inside and out also if your car has a scuttle panel under bonnet with drain off pipes and/or holes into the front wings this can also cause a leak into footwell due to autumn leaf and other matter build up.

I would get someone to spray a water over all areas of front of car with a garden hole while you look inside with a torch.

Also if your car has a rear wash/wipe feeding off a bottle in the front check the water feed tube that runs under carpet and panels to the back.

Regards
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 7 November 2011, 12:25.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Had you considered replacing the Knapen tubes? (link)
    CC, Oscar was only being metaphoric when he said his Car was a shed.

Mind you my Father and myself once held a Rusty old Vauxhall Velux together using a railway sleeper and fibre glass.

Mind you that was around 1963.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

I had same problem with old car of mine - turned out inner wings had rotted at the seam, and water was running down inside whenever it rained.

Can solve the problem of the footwell getting full again though - big nail, big hammer
    Had you considered replacing the Knapen tubes? (link)

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Got into my car this morning .....to fine the driver side foot well full of water now I have no idea about cars......help anybody
    Do you have a sunroof? Our old car used to leak water when there was sunroof issues, weirdly - so we sold it as that meant a new sunroof which meant loadsa money!

Leave a comment:

• diddlydee
    replied

I had the same problem with a VW polo many years ago. Footwell first, then the boot. Turned out all the rubbers around the front and rears screens had rotted

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

speaking to someone today .....could be air con... had a look round and all look ok

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

well, bit of a guess. Could be what Garlok says, but would think that would have drained your radiator.

Though not quite as bad as yours, I had same problem with old car of mine - turned out inner wings had rotted at the seam, and water was running down inside whenever it rained.

Can solve the problem of the footwell getting full again though - big nail, big hammer

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

VW Passat....93

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X