GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelic
    replied
    Re: Problem with your car?

Thanks Guys,

I'm glad I can at least put petrol and screenwash in myself

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I posted over here if it's any use to you?

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
    I asked for the bit of paper they give you (the one with the green, orange and red boxes on it) after a m.o.t so I could see exactly what was wrong with it but they said because I've not paid for it yet (it's going back on Friday so they can clean the brakes) they'll give me it on Friday. I had my card ready to pay but she told me not to bother and they'd just give me one bill instead of 2.
    This is the bit that would worry me - they wont gove you the fail sheet until they have fixed it and it has passed?

Leave a comment:

• Angelic
    replied

Evening Guys!

So I put the car in for it's m.o.t today...and low and behold, the bloody thing failed!

I asked the obvious question (What did it fail on?) to be told that the front brakes need cleaned.

O.k so I get that they might have some grit stuck around them from the winter or whatever but surely that's not a reason to fail?!

I asked for the bit of paper they give you (the one with the green, orange and red boxes on it) after a m.o.t so I could see exactly what was wrong with it but they said because I've not paid for it yet (it's going back on Friday so they can clean the brakes) they'll give me it on Friday. I had my card ready to pay but she told me not to bother and they'd just give me one bill instead of 2.

Leave a comment:

• Numpty Monkey
    replied

The lot I used to work for
    someone had a woopsie
    http://www.ginettacars.co.uk/news_article?id=367

Leave a comment:

• swanfan
    replied

Bit lucky to walk away with minor injuries looking at the state of that motor.

Leave a comment:

• Angelic
    replied

Problem with your car?

This guy certainly has... http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/14042011/36...-superc-0.html

Leave a comment:

• swanfan
    replied

Was going to switch my car insurance to the AA, have to have a look at that.

Leave a comment:

• 5corpio
    replied

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
    Car insurance premiums soar by 40%
    Car insurance premiums have soared by a record 40% during the past year as high levels of fraud and personal injury claims continue to push up the cost of cover, research showed.....Read more HERE
    If you have NOT read about the AA piece about cancellations, its worth reading, considering the above 'Insurance Premiums 'was conducted by the AA.

Leave a comment:

• 5corpio
    replied

Car insurance premiums soar by 40%
    Car insurance premiums have soared by a record 40% during the past year as high levels of fraud and personal injury claims continue to push up the cost of cover, research showed.....Read more HERE

Leave a comment:

• 5corpio
    replied

The 'AA' payments system is criticised

AA customers are having trouble in cancelling memberships after signing up using a continuous payment authority......Read more HERE

Leave a comment:

• philnicandamy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

All this Sunny weather reminds me of a story I was sent a couple of years ago.
    A couple were pulling into the car park at their local supermarket one Saturday morning when a loud grinding noise came from underneath the car. The man sent his wife to do the shopping while he crawled under the car to look for the problem.

When she returned there was a crowd around the car. A pair of legs were sticking out from underneath, The attraction was that the legs were sticking out of a pair of shorts and handing out of the leg of the shorts was the owners Marital Equipment.

She did what any good wife would do. She got hold of the offending digit and deftly tucked it back inside the shorts.

There was a crack from under the car as the owner of the shorts jerked upright splitting his head open.
    The wife heard a voice next to her asking "What have you done" and turned to find Hubby standing next to her.

An ambulance had to be called and the poor AA mechanic taken for stitches to a gash in his scalp.

Remember Shorts and Car repair don't mix.
    Regards to all, Handy.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

this happend last week, guess what ? it was a women bus driver

A road has reopened after being closed when a double-decker bus crashed into a railway bridge.
    The vehicle became lodged under the bridge.
    It suffered severe damage to the upper deck, and appeared to be wedged.
    Luckily, there were no passengers on board at the time of the accident.
    The railway line was also shut while the bridge was checked for structural damage, but this has also reopened.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Oh by way of a postscript, Lady Hooray has pranged her panzer on the opposite side, but on the same wall and railings as two weeks ago
    Could I fix the scratches, Yes I said as soon as I have welded on a new rear wing.
    Please note this is in no way derisory to all the good Lady drivers out there (when you find one let me know)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X