GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oscar
    replied
    Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
    Is there an easy way to clean alloys? Mine are a disgrace!
    Clean as in get rid of the crap and shit, or clean as in get rid of the scuffs and scratches where you have bashed the kerb?

Leave a comment:

• Angelic
    replied

Is there an easy way to clean alloys? Mine are a disgrace!

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Originally posted by caspar View Post
    Oy you!!!!! Careful what you're saying. I live in beautiful South Wales. My parents however live on Anglesey with a view to die for - one field, then a nice sandy beach, sea, across to the Great Orme in one direction and Snowdonia in the other. It's the only place on this earth I don't mind washing up!
    See, that just proves my point!

Leave a comment:

• caspar
    replied

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Unfortunately not charity - they are all in the shit part of wales - the South. Closest to me would be the ones around Llandrindod and thats still 90 miles.

Oy you!!!!! Careful what you're saying. I live in beautiful South Wales. My parents however live on Anglesey with a view to die for - one field, then a nice sandy beach, sea, across to the Great Orme in one direction and Snowdonia in the other. It's the only place on this earth I don't mind washing up!

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Ahh thanks mate

Don't hold back, you just say it as it is -
    lol - I wasnt too sure if you were or not, given the whistle smileys.

If I am like this on the forum, imagine what I am like when a DCA calls!!

MBNA called me agin the other night - over 20 minutes I kept then on the phone ...... thats their monthly target and bonus shot to pieces!!

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

Originally posted by alland View Post
    The seal on the right in the picture with the clevis pin sticking out of it (to fasten to the pedal) is just a dust seal, if it was a fluid seal and had failed to account for your loss of brake fluid, you would easily see it leaking, and the carpet would be wet !

If you are 100% sure you have no leaks anywhere else on the brake system, then it can only be going into the servo diaphragm body.
    Wouldn't be the tang, then?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Assuming you are not being a piss taking twat, the bulkhead is the piece of metal between the engine bay and where you sit.
    Ahh thanks mate

Don't hold back, you just say it as it is -

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Unfortunately not charity - they are all in the shit part of wales - the South. Closest to me would be the ones around Llandrindod and thats still 90 miles.

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Can we have a layman (or woman) layman term for these things...

A bulkhead to me is some muscleman backwards....?

Assuming you are not being a piss taking twat, the bulkhead is the piece of metal between the engine bay and where you sit.

Dont seem to be losing fluid now allan, all I can assume is that I have air in the system.

Leave a comment:

• swanfan
    replied

Originally posted by alland View Post
    I don't know what the fek they mean...I just say the first thing that comes into my head.....
    Sounds like my local garage.

Leave a comment:

• alland
    replied

A bulkhead to me is some muscleman with a meathead (the sort you know if you hit with a hammer, would break the hammer).... as for the other things, what is a key again? Is that for going backwards....?

I don't know what the fek they mean...I just say the first thing that comes into my head.....

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

A bulkhead to me is some muscleman with a meathead (the sort you know if you hit with a hammer, would break the hammer).... as for the other things, what is a key again? Is that for going backwards....?

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

Any use?

http://www.upmystreet.com/findmynear...ales-euro.html

Last edited by charitynjw; 29 July 2011, 13:39.

Leave a comment:

• alland
    replied

I found THIS on fleabay. I have no intentions of buying, just using as a demonstration, and to answer a query. The rubber "cover" on the right - is this vitally important, ie a seal, or is this a dust cover? - This is what is split on the inside of the car behind the pedal. Not suggesting this is the problem of course.
    The seal on the right in the picture with the clevis pin sticking out of it (to fasten to the pedal) is just a dust seal, if it was a fluid seal and had failed to account for your loss of brake fluid, you would easily see it leaking, and the carpet would be wet !

If you are 100% sure you have no leaks anywhere else on the brake system, then it can only be going into the servo diaphragm body.

Leave a comment:

• alland
    replied

Originally posted by caspar View Post
    Am I right in thinking that to check the servo you can pump the brake pedal with the engine off until it's really solid, then keep your foot on the brake and start the engine. If the servo's OK you should feel the pedal move gently away from you.
    Yes & no caspar, what you describe is the correct feeling you will get through the pedal, but it won't tell you if the servo has failed seals and is allowing fluid into the diaphragm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X