GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oscar
    replied
    Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    I have been told, on the forum at that allan gave a link to that the problem could well be a temperature sensor at the front of the engine - its apparently green in colour.
    Sensor replaced and all seems good. Sensor cost £17 so a cheap job at the end of the day.

Just got to sort the exhaust rattle and the whine now - just not sure where the whine is coming from!

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

After a Renault and a 306, think I am going to leave french crap alone!!
    .... or get a diesel!

I have been told the problem could well be a temperature sensor at the front of the engine - its apparently green in colour.
    Never seen a car with a green engine!

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

I have been told, on the forum at that allan gave a link to that the problem could well be a temperature sensor at the front of the engine - its apparently green in colour.

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    the plugs themselves were each in a deep recess. The standard service tool ( as specified in the workshop manual not the Haynes one either) was 100mm length of garden hose to grip the ceramic of the plug to restart the threads without crossing. And the darned things were on the back face of the engine to boot.

regards
    Garlok
    All ready had that one bit of fun G - mine is the same. I got mine (or three of them) out arounf June and they looked fine. no 4 was under the injector unit and too difficult to get at. I actually used a deep socket and extension bar.

After a Renault and a 306, think I am going to leave french crap alone!!

Leave a comment:

• garlok
    replied

Right Oscar, we had a 106 that was the same, just one plug in sealed unit. Plus typical French design the plugs themselves were each in a deep recess. The standard service tool ( as specified in the workshop manual not the Haynes one either) was 100mm length of garden hose to grip the ceramic of the plug to restart the threads without crossing. And the darned things were on the back face of the engine to boot.

regards
    Garlok

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Changed coil packs, but have you checked the leads ? they break down too
    There are no leads .... no leads, no distributor - its all in one .... for a 306 is like a black rectangular box that fits over the spark plugs with ONE lead that plugs in (which cant be replaced as far as I am aware)

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Did you lubricate it with lard, 'Flora' or butter?

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Changed coil packs, but have you checked the leads ? they break down too

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
    Have you cleaned the idle control valve?
    Yep - Idle control valve / stepper motor is same thing. (or so I am led to believe) Disconnected the air filter right next to the valve and gave a good dose of card cleaner.

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

Have you cleaned the idle control valve? Common problem on these and results in the hunting you describe whether engine is cold or hot.

Are you positive the whine is from that area as the power streering pump often creates similar symptoms and again is a common problem. Difficulty with the gears would back up your suggestion of the thrust bearing; as I'm sure you know these may or may not need replacing swiftly - some you can drive for thousands of miles as long as you can put up with the whine.
    Last edited by BBoo; 18 December 2011, 22:41.

Leave a comment:

• alland
    replied

Well being an avid hater of all things Peugeot Oscar, I would tend to agree with the you on the "Box of Matches" solution.

I can't offer you any other tips, but if you don't want to be as drastic as setting fire to the car, then I would suggest visiting here - Peugeot Forums

I think you will source the answers to your car problems there.

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Never thought of asking on here (Dont know why, I have done previously)

I have a problem (or more correctly, several).

same car as prev on thread, Pugot 306 1.4 LX Petrol.

Right, so here goes, there is a problem with fuel / air intake. Following problems are intermittent. car "hunts" revs sometimes stick high (even to 6K), cuts out (then has problems starting) and can now feel a cut out (poss misfire) sometimes when driving - so you get a jerking of the car/engine. (like when filling a diesel with petrol - but I HAVENT done this!!)

Have already replaced the coil pack, and spayed the stepper motor with carb cleaner in case this was sticky.

Only things to mind now are the injector unit or fuel rail. Both I beleive are quite big jobs.

I also have a "whine" from the front end. This is either clutch thrust bearing or the diff I think - whine rises and falls with the revs of the car. Whether this is just me (sort of pyscho-seimatic) or not, but I seem also to be struggling with gears??

Any help / tips. (Only one that springs to mind with me is a box of matches)
    Last edited by oscar; 18 December 2011, 20:28.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
    Not away to work though surely?! Maybe he's just missing 297?!
    The former!

Leave a comment:

• Angelic
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    The fuckers gone to the farm today, I told him off last night - your turn! Seriously, I can't believe he's doing that
    Not away to work though surely?! Maybe he's just missing 297?!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
    I'll text and ask him...
    The fuckers gone to the farm today, I told him off last night - your turn! Seriously, I can't believe he's doing that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X