GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Problem with your car?

There are places on ebay like this one that do circuit board repairs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-1-Button-Remote-Key-Fob-Repair-Fix-Service-/181216739256?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security &hash=item2a315bffb8

So you take the circuit board out send it off for repair and use manual locking with the key until it returns

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Another Q!

Is it possible to reprogramme a key easy.??

I HAVE the original key, I HAVE the original chip, but the circuit board is knackered (quite obviously) so the remote itself doesnt work. Can I buy another circuit board and simply swap them over or does it still require a full reprogramme ? - If so, at £150 the letters F and O come to mind and I will continue to lock it manually
      I would try the links cymruambyth supplied mate as Renault will charge you a fortune to sort!

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Cheers
      SA
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Renault's cheapest quote was £265!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I can beat that..couple of years ago had a Merc "A Class" went away on holiday left car at airport came back to broken key funny nobody knew anything about it in the end asked for a quote for a new blade.....£312 PLUS I had to send with the application 5 proofs of ID

madness...Ebay all the way got the blade/key repaired reprogrammed far far cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Renault's cheapest quote was £265!
            Sounds about right! When i left in 2002 i think the labour rate was £75 an hour (which was what they used to charge i think for a "straight forward key set-up") plus the cost of the keys. Some people has massive bills as they had the cars recovered in to!

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
            I can beat that..couple of years ago had a Merc "A Class" went away on holiday left car at airport came back to broken key funny nobody knew anything about it in the end asked for a quote for a new blade.....£312 PLUS I had to send with the application 5 proofs of ID

madness...Ebay all the way got the blade/key repaired reprogrammed far far cheaper!
            Aw nasty! Nice car thou? Agreed - ebay all the way!

Cheers
            SA
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Ok, here we go.

Couple weeks ago I bought a Punto (shut up!). Good little car, but noticed couple issues. Most not bothered about, but couple casuing a little worry. Start with the non worriers.

1) Hvae amber bulb (warning) on Dash. Apparently, this relates to a faulty bulb (usually or circuit). All bulbs appear to be working, so suppose next step is cleaning contacts. Apparently could also be an earth issue.

2) The Engine management light blinks with heavy acceleration (done to test pick up/engine) then goes off. Forums suggest that the reason for the blinking is the Lambda sensor detecting unburnt fuel.

3) And this could be an issue. When parking a few days ago, the steering went "heavy" and the steering warning came on the dash. Forums indicate this is the pwer steering warning. Could be numerous reasons why, but it went out when the ignition was turned off and on. I am thinking this could be caused by issue one? (if an earth fault)

And finally, 4 (which could be linked to 1&3!) There was (for a few days) a symbol that looked like a car and padlock. Again, going to the internet, suggests this is a Battery issue - this has now gone out.

Any ideas without being ripped off by a garage?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Sorry just noticed this thread, bit late but if you still need help.

1) Are you 100% certain all bulbs are working ? - daft question but the amount of times.........

2) Not sure why there should be unburnt fuel enough to light up sensor, possible sensor issue but I wouldn't worry about it until the light illuminates all the time, then get it checked out

3) Is the power steering electric ? if so then a low battery voltage causes the loss of power steering thus making it heavy.

4) see answer to 3)

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                    Ok, here we go.

Couple weeks ago I bought a Punto (shut up!). Good little car, but noticed couple issues. Most not bothered about, but couple casuing a little worry. Start with the non worriers.

1) Hvae amber bulb (warning) on Dash. Apparently, this relates to a faulty bulb (usually or circuit). All bulbs appear to be working, so suppose next step is cleaning contacts. Apparently could also be an earth issue.

2) The Engine management light blinks with heavy acceleration (done to test pick up/engine) then goes off. Forums suggest that the reason for the blinking is the Lambda sensor detecting unburnt fuel.

3) And this could be an issue. When parking a few days ago, the steering went "heavy" and the steering warning came on the dash. Forums indicate this is the pwer steering warning. Could be numerous reasons why, but it went out when the ignition was turned off and on. I am thinking this could be caused by issue one? (if an earth fault)

And finally, 4 (which could be linked to 1&3!) There was (for a few days) a symbol that looked like a car and padlock. Again, going to the internet, suggests this is a Battery issue - this has now gone out.

Any ideas without being ripped off by a garage?
                    Go to a recommended garage mate with diagnostic gear. You will find lots of threads on the web saying it's this, its that but without reading the fault codes its just guess work really.

Comment

We have a Citroen xsara Picasso and my son just bought the same car which has a tow bar on it , he doesn't want the tow bar as he would need to take an additional test to tow , so could the tow bar be removed from his car and put onto ours ?

please and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                        We have a Citroen xsara Picasso and my son just bought the same car which has a tow bar on it , he doesn't want the tow bar as he would need to take an additional test to tow , so could the tow bar be removed from his car and put onto ours ?

please and thank you
                        If it's the same model and chassis, then yes it's a simple operation to transfer the tow bar to your car.
                        *Safety Notice: Be sure to use new high quality nuts and bolts though....

Comment

Thank you Alland it is a friend who is a mechanic who will be doing the job , this is good news ,we are buying a folding camper so we can take our grandson away for weekends . Looking forward to this now

Comment

I have another question please .

the car my son bought Picasso , well it had a radio cassette in it so he took it out and tried his cd radio in it ,. It worked okay but now the digital display on the dashboard doesnt work properly , he has ordered something off the internet so he can use his cd radio in it , but even though he has put the radio cassette back in the digital display isn't working right . Here is the problem

He can set the digital display so that the time the date all work on the right had side of the dashboard display, the left hand side works fine with the display showing how much fuel is int he tank and mph . But when he sets the display to get the right side working the right side goes blank when he tries to press the control next to the steering wheel , it just makes it go blank on the right hand side of the dashboard display .

I hope i explained this okay as i am not very good with cars .

thank you again

Comment

anyone know is this a good place to get car parts?

--> http://www.carparts4less.co.uk
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                anyone know is this a good place to get car parts?

--> http://www.carparts4less.co.uk
                                they are o.k also they are tied up with euocarparts I get all mine from them service 1st class even I bought parts for daughters car 160 miles away and the local store were brilliant to supply to her

Comment

Working...
                                X