GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Save our NHS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save our NHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save our NHS

Whilst I do not agree with everything our unions do on this occasion I am right behind them.

We all must unite and do our bit to save our NHS, it is the peoples national treasure and something I am very proud of we must not allow the Government to strip it apart by piecemeal and no doubt end up following the defunct American model.

The lords have started today and already vetoed some of the bill we must get behind the lords and not allow this to happen otherwise we will come to regret it for the rest of our lives.

Please have a read here as it will give you plenty of ideas as there is much we can do, even if only a letter to our MP outlining our disgust.

http://www.unitetheunion.org/sectors...e_our_nhs.aspx

Regards

Re: Save our NHS

It's to late I afraid , alot of the changes have gone though already and it probably cost more to put it back the way it was.

Change was needed as there where far to many managers with little kingdoms to fund. Saying that putting a bunch of GP's ( who are trained as doctors not managers)in charge without the right support will be very interesting to watch

Comment

No it is not too late and god help us all if everyone thinks that.

It has been vetoed by the lords and will now go back to the commons and ideal time to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        No it is not too late and god help us all if everyone thinks that.

It has been vetoed by the lords and will now go back to the commons and ideal time to fight.
        I hope you are right in some respects, but my wife works in the NHS so I actually hear and see whats going on and trust me , alot of the changes have already taken place, the PCT's have been run down and alot of people have been made redundant.

And remember some of the changes will actually be good, the NHS couldn't keep on going the way it was, medical costs rise far more quickly than the country can afford. It's a shame but unless everybody was to pay alot more tax it has to change.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          I hope you are right in some respects, but my wife works in the NHS so I actually hear and see whats going on and trust me , alot of the changes have already taken place, the PCT's have been run down and alot of people have been made redundant.

And remember some of the changes will actually be good, the NHS couldn't keep on going the way it was, medical costs rise far more quickly than the country can afford. It's a shame but unless everybody was to pay alot more tax it has to change.

No doubt changes are already happening in the NHS, but the point is nothing has been passed into law yet so it can still be reversed.

Whilst I agree there needs to be changes within the NHS the Governments proposals are not the way forward, as piece by piece the NHS will be broken up and sold off to the private sector and that will be in direct conflict of a free at the point of treatment health service.

Just look at the USA model and the many that cannot afford health treatment as well as the many that are ripped off with second rate insurance providers indeed if this goes through it will open one massive can of worms.

This bill has not been disgust properly and there has been very minimal user input why is that?

Can you imagine being struck down with an illness or having an RTA and then thinking shite how am I going to pay for this, and what happens about that NI we have all been paying for will that be scrapped.

This is not a bill that can be rushed through parliament like it is.

Regards

Comment

i know this is an old thread, wish i was here when it started.
            I'm honestly so sick of the crap the tories have done and are doing and will continue to do to the NHS.

Im having hair loss, but that's not my only medical issue, i suppose i homed in on that for sheer vanity, being a woman, and having bald patches is extremely distressing.
            my doctor suspects me to have lupus, i don't really know what it is, and neither do doctors apparently.
            But i was reffered over to my local hospital and, i'm still waiting after 9 weeks for my appointment.
            in the mean time my poor gp is giving me trial and error drugs to help, i've done the blood tests which are used to indicate lupus and it looks like it might be that, but i need this scan to check my internal organs.

I know i'm coming at this for selfish reasons, but i thought there were waiting list times to ensure patients were seen within a certain time frame?
            I don' like how the nhs change is happening without proper coverage or debate, it's really worrying to think we are heading like america, as i will not be able to afford treatment.

Comment

NHS Direct Centres: Unison Warns Of Closures

Unison claims 24 of 30 centres in England are due to shut but NHS Direct insists no decision on closures has been taken.

Unison has sparked a row with the Department of Health by claiming almost all NHS Direct call centres are to be closed. The union claimed 24 of 30 sites will shut at the service, which employs 1,500 frontline nursing and professional staff. It listed centres in Bristol, Sheffield, Wakefield, Nottingham, Hull, Stafford, Chelmsford and Newcastle as being among those affected. NHS Direct hit back, saying that so far it has only made clear which sites will be kept open to deliver the new NHS 111 service and had not said what will happen to the others. But Sandra Maxwell, Unison's convenor at NHS Direct, said: "Hundreds of dedicated nursing and NHS professionals are to be made redundant at a huge cost, when their skills could be used within the new NHS 111 service if only the Department of Health took some decisive action."

National officer Michael Walker added: "The Secretary of State for Health should step in and stop this disaster immediately. We need action and we need it now. "Axing dedicated hard-working nurses is never a good idea at any time, but this will directly impact on patient care. There is no doubt that patients will suffer as a result of this move." A Unison spokesman added: "Given that many of these NHS call centres are in areas of high unemployment there are very real fears for the staff's future job prospects. "The Government spending millions on making nurses and NHS professionals redundant at a time when the NHS is under great strain is truly scandalous." NHS Direct has been bidding for contracts across England to provide the NHS 111 service, which is for patients who need medical help but are not emergencies.....Read more here: NHS Direct Centres: Unison Warns Of Closures
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X