GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Secondary Schools - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secondary Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Schools

Today is the the day that many will find out if their child got into their first choice of secondary school (or second or third or foruth or fith or sixth or anywhere else the local authority wants to put them)

Are you waiting to hear if your child or grandchild has got in?

Let us know.

I have a friend sitting at home waiting on tenterhooks to see if her child got in to any of her 4 choices. The first being their local Catholic school within walking distance to their house and they are church goers and have been since her little girl was born and her daughter is an alter server every sunday... but this school is over subscribed so the likelihood of her getting in is... near to none.............. I am just praying to that she does get into one of the four as I drove past one of our local comps yesterday to see the police waiting there with a metal detector gate for everyone to go through (not mentioned this to my mate!)

Good luck if you are waiting to hear and I'll let you know about my friends little girl and how she got on

Re: Secondary Schools

What a great thread!

Good luck to all from me too, I know it can be a time of anxiety, i have been there with my 2.

However, my niece have had interviews with 3 universities and so far all have gone well, she sat some tests for the one, and received a letter in the post over the weekend to attend another interview for stage 2.
    She wants to study Mental Health, so wishing my lovely niece Hannah all the very best too!

My oldest son's sons girlfriend have recently found out she has a place in Middlesex, she wants to be a Vet, so good luck to her also.

Comment

Fab news about uni!

I spoke to my friend Di and apparently the letters are posted today so she won't hear until tomorrow... it's killing her!!

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
        Fab news about uni!

I spoke to my friend Di and apparently the letters are posted today so she won't hear until tomorrow... it's killing her!!

Oh I do wish her luck honey, I bet her poor tummy is in knots, bless her too, and fingers crossed XXX

Comment

Morning all!

My little girl got into the secondary school she wants. She took her entrance exams back in September, even though she passed, we still had to wait till 1st March to find out. School Admissions emailed to confirm she's got a place. Yepee!!!!
          Hope all other mothers recived the good news too!!
          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

What fantastc news Bobo!! so pleased for you

still not heard from my friend.......

Comment

Originally posted by bobogosing View Post
              Morning all!

My little girl got into the secondary school she wants. She took her entrance exams back in September, even though she passed, we still had to wait till 1st March to find out. School Admissions emailed to confirm she's got a place. Yepee!!!!
              Hope all other mothers recived the good news too!!

That is wonderful news Bobo, so pleased to hear this and I bet she is overjoyed, and you are too of course, well done! XXXX

Comment

What fantastc news Bobo!! so pleased for you

still not heard from my friend.......
                Good luck to your friend as well honey XXXX

Comment

Still no news - she is shaking and reckons her blood pressure has gone through the roof - not slept for 3 days!!!

Comment

OK my friend has had a nightmare...... NO POST the local council won't tell her over the phone till Friday...... so to say she is tearing her hair out is an understatment

on another note - my other friend's son got in to his first choice school....... so he is happy.

Next year we will have this for the little loos..................... hopefully they will get into the school their brother goes to!!

Comment

Hello loo!

Did your friend submit the application online when they send out the forms last year? The reason I ask is because they'll send email too aswell as sending them out in the post. I'm sure she'll get her letter by tomorrow as they said it was send out via 1st class.

Keeping my for her. x
                      Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

OMG I would be pulling my hair out too!!

Could they give a ring, just in case the post have been delayed perhaps?

Bless her too, fingers crossed for her XXXX

Comment

Guess what

SHE JUST HEARD FROM THE SCHOOL!!

She got her first choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooooo happy and relieved for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Guess what

SHE JUST HEARD FROM THE SCHOOL!!

She got her first choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooooo happy and relieved for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Absolutely fantastic LooLoo , phew what a relief it must be! XXXXXXXXX

Comment

Yep thaks so much Di - as she been in such a state I'm off to pick her up on the way home!!

xxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X