GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Family Law: Cannot think which part of family matters to post it in so here it goes...... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Law: Cannot think which part of family matters to post it in so here it goes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Law: Cannot think which part of family matters to post it in so here it goes......

There is one of you on here that does know that in about 2 weeks my sister has a "final/Goodbye" meeting with my two youngest nieces. It has been a long and winding and very painful process to go through and one which means that my perspective is highly and completely biased against this cruel and barbaric system which allows a judge to effectively sever irrevocably the family ties that bind(I would add that social workers are not gonna be in my good books either ). In fact, the head of the High Court in London, Justice Munby has recently stated that this punishment is close enough to capital punishment. Once I get my head around this(unfortunately, I have a lot of other stuff going on this month I will post up and update Family Law cases in relation to the threshold under the Children's Act 1989 and more info around groups that are opposed to this situation). Before anyone asks, yes I have done John Hemming's group and I have had contact with Ian Josephs from forced adoption site. I would also add that the final judgement in our case contained 17 inaccurate factual pieces of information to which we are currently working through via a number of formal complaints(we have so far managed to get some things corrected but others are a work in progress at the moment).
    My nephew, who is autistic, has made recent disclosures as well in relation to possible abuse at the hands of the first foster carer which he went to(despite NUMEROUS indicators that something was not right and various complaints we had made which they ignored). Needless to say the personal issues are ongoing so will not go into too much details on that part other than what I have said above.

Anyway, to start off this thread I have a case from this year which was in the Supreme Court where Lady Hale states her viewpoint that realistically, a child should only ever be given to adoption despite the opposition of the parents as a last and final resort.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKSC/2013/33.html

I will try and update this thread once I can remember where I put all the other articles(some saved as bookmarks on smartphone.....if only the smart bit rubbed off on me ).

Re: Family Law: Cannot think which part of family matters to post it in so here it goes......

This is such a sad story which I have followed on your thread *elsewhere*. I don't know what to say except that my heart goes out to your sister. Post up the ages of the children because soon (I hope) they'll be able to take charge of their own destiny. My fingers are crossed.

Comment

Re: Family Law: Cannot think which part of family matters to post it in so here it goes......

My niece is nearly 4 years old(in January 2014) and my younger niece is just over 2 years old.

My focus to a degree is to get this year out of the way cos it's been a horrific few years but one in which you learn that finally the judiciary, albeit perhaps a tad too late, is coming towards a viewpoint that we agree with. That is, that the idea of adoption against the wishes of the parent is a draconian method and should be used where there is nothing else that can be done to stop this from happening.

The following link kinda explains that thought process.....

http://www.familylaw.co.uk/articles/...-the-last-word

Comment

Well today has come and my sister has had final contact with her children. She swore at the social workers and contact person which is understandable. I worked out that we now have 5200 days to wait until we can search for them legally. However, children are curious and as we all know there is social media and this presents opportunities for curious children to do some digging of their own which will be interesting to say the least. Time might heal but it will not heal totally the missed birthdays, Christmases etc etc.

For me I could not care less about Christmas. It's merely time off work.....I might play football manager over the Christmas break or have a cycle ride although I am buying myself the four bird roast and possibly chocolate.....there have to be some perks

Comment

Working...
        X