GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rip Off Tax Man - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rip Off Tax Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Off Tax Man

Hi All
    I received a letter from the Tax Man in March, saying I owed £XXX.XX for the year 2008-2009, and another for £XXX.XX for 2009-2010

I fired a letter back to them to get stuff, I received a reply’s today stating we owe YOU £XXX.XX for 2009-2010, and the other stating I owe nothing for 2008-2009.

It just goes to show the Tax man still try to rip you off, so how many other people have been ripped off I ask myself.

SeaSaw
    My Brains not in sycn leave me alone.

Re: Rip Off Tax Man

It's a good job you wrote telling them to get stuffed instead of meekly paying them
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Had the same thing Seasaw

argued the arse off them

oh it was a wee mistake

never ever accept the first thing they send you!!!

well done

Comment

being an accountant, we receive letters from HMRC all the time regarding clients tax that is due.

Last year, we received quite a number of letters which said that clients either owed or was owed money, that we knew was not correct.

HMRC this year, have sent over 20,000 letters to people that include penatlies for either late filing of their tax return, or late payment of tax. Again, all of these letters were wrong, as they had not accounted for when the tax was paid, and sent the letters out prior to checking.

In the cases where they were incorrectly charged for late filing of their tax returns, it was proven to be false, because they had sent statements of tax due, which were dated prior to any filing deadlines, which proved they were sent well in time.

Moral is, do not trust anything HMRC send you, without checking first.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

i had a similar, asking if i could contact them regarding a tax payment error for 2007 to 2009. I rang them up and they told me there was a £1,317 calculation error on my account.
          I said, i've always been employed and paid via PAYE and told them I don't have that money and they could whistle for it only to be told "oh no Mr Dreddy, you misunderstand, it was an overpayment. A cheque will be dispatched within the next 14 days!"

My response was kerching!!!... holiday time
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Wow that was some serious underpayment from PAYE if thats true!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              Wow that was some serious underpayment from PAYE if thats true!
              It is, it was over 2 years though. I worked 60 hours a week then moved to a 40 hour week, tax code was in error.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

ah i see!

Comment

*Update*

Hi Just to let you know I recived my cheque today.

Regards

SeaSaw
                  My Brains not in sycn leave me alone.

Comment

wish my £562 was........... instead was a nice xmas present to them instead

Comment

Working...
                    X