GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DLA changes - PIP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLA changes - PIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLA changes - PIP

Hi folks

I understand that Disability Living Allowance (DLA) will be changed to a new name of - Personal Independent Payments (PIPS). And that they will be getting tougher with this benefit.

I don't know how it will affect my son though, he currently receives High Rate Care alongside with Low Rate Mobility, and been receiving it for about 4 years now, he is 16 years old and the next update for this will have to be done a day before his 18th Birthday.

I do need to look into this matter a bit more but does anyone know how this benefit will affect people with Autism?
    With mine he is not able to speak for himself and needs help with every little thing, despite trying to give him his space for some independence.
    I am currently still his Appointee & Carer as he would not cope with dealing with this right now, and forget the phone, he could never speak to them over the phone.

I will meanwhile check Autism Awareness sites, Autistic Society etc, because surprising how time is going by.
    Last edited by di30; 6 September 2011, 10:03.

Re: DLA changes - PIP

Di,

You are right that you and may I say all DLA Claimants should prepare for any eventualities that will arise from this change.

I have been researching this for a while now on the benefits and work website as well as some others.

Any change is very unlikely to happen until after the next election, however there is a second reading of the welfare reform on the 13th September and no doubt this will have further reading also.

I have quite a lot of info regarding the PIP on my other PC so I will make a thread of this and upload those documents in a thread on the PIP in the disability section of this site.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Di,

You are right that you and may I say all DLA Claimants should prepare for any eventualities that will arise from this change.

I have been researching this for a while now on the benefits and work website as well as some others.

Any change is very unlikely to happen until after the next election, however there is a second reading of the welfare reform on the 13th September and no doubt this will have further reading also.

I have quite a lot of info regarding the PIP on my other PC so I will make a thread of this and upload those documents in a thread on the PIP in the disability section of this site.

Regards

As always said, "Your a star Pompey" thank you xxx

Comment

So we need the link for this please...

Thanks

SC

Comment

See this for official release ---> Disability Living Allowance reform - DWP
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Thanks and sorry not been with it last few days, anyway the link below is the assessment criteria but please note this is still in draft stage so likely to change.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/welfare...ment-briefing/

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip-draft...teria-note.pdf
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 10 September 2011, 09:33.

Comment

Working...
            X