GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script This vendetta on Benifit claimants has to stop - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This vendetta on Benifit claimants has to stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This vendetta on Benifit claimants has to stop

Im getting sick and tired of this vendetta small minded ignorant people have against others who are claiming benifits.

This outrage against benifit claimaints labeling everyone as people who spend their money on booze, fags and bingo is simply because the ones who are furious are listening to people who have no real idea about anything.

If you smoke 20 a day 7 days a week, on average it costs you £50 a week. Someone on job seekers can not afford to smoke 20 a day, buy booze and play bingo, it just cant happen.

If these same people are then claiming that benifit claimaints are cheating the system and earning money on the side, then i should remind them of a recent study that shows only 0.7% of claimaints are cheating the system.

So you cant have it both ways, either you are wrong in your assessment, or everyone on benifits are cheating the system.

Well you are wrong.

This is just a problem, reaction, solution to try and reduce or restrict what ordinary people are allowed to spend their money on, and it has to stop. We do not want to live in a world where we receive food stamps.

I admit, there are a few people who have never worked a day in their life, claim every benifit under the sun, and manage to buy a 50 inch flat screen tv, but that is not the norm, its those we need to sort out, not everyone else who have found thierselves on benifits through no fault of their own!

Rant over.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: This vendetta on Benifit claimants has to stop

Actually, statistically the "norm" is living the high life, cheating the system etc

Whether it pisses you off or not mate, sadly its factual.

I've worked in the industry far too long and seen it all too many times before. We're entitled to an opinion.

Smokers buy imports and/or roll-ups. I'd like proof of the 0.7% claim as I've never seen it that low - ever. The norm is around 12% of claimants (cheat) - not 0.7%
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Personally i never like statistics because you never know if its a true reflection.

For example, sometimes they suvery 1 section of the country they consider to be general of the whole country and scale it up.

But even if its more like 12%, we still tarnish everyone of them with the same brush.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Right lets get some facts and put this argument/indifference in opinion to bed because like you SXGuy/Niddy I am pissed of with it either way.

So today all I will be searching the internet and getting the FACTS not from press and/or media because they never tell the whole story and bend it either way to suit there allegiance.

Citizens put too much faith in what they read or hear from these sources instead of using it as a medium to do there own research into the matter.

Updates to follow
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 21 March 2013, 11:41.

Comment

I did write a post then deleted it that stats can be made to say anything.

The problem is the press want stories that sell. Be it Kates gazongers or benifit cheats with 1000 a day habits, to bankers with golden balls and politicos with carpeted duck sheds.

Its fact cause the mail(or any other news outfit) writes it. The mail writes it cause it sells and thats what they do sell news.

We consume the news and then our perceptions are changed by the slant that news source has added to it.

The older generation have issues with Germans still. Generations before it was the French. Suspect 2000 years ago while we were all still painted blue and showed our bums the daily druid was harping on about the Romans.

A paper that did articles about Mr and Mrs Smith at no 48 who have a modest mortgage go to church had 2 kids and this weekend will be painting the spare bedroom a fetching shade of magnolia whould not be the most riviting read.

Its never black and white just a murkey shade of grey.

Comment

seen a woman walking up the road on couple occasions recently, thinking to myself how old fashioned she is dressed (pity the elderly lady), saw again another day coming out of the Job Centre (complete with a beard etc) must of been signing on for Doe as no Job?

another day saw nearly all the colours of the rainbow (oopppssss no it was some girl & boyfriend hairs) must of been at stud as covered in them carrying 2 x 200 packets of lucky strike fags, ?

saw a lady with 6 kids standing under a sign at a shop sign said "Open All Hours", believe them!

No Comment!
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 21 March 2013, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post

A paper that did articles about Mr and Mrs Smith at no 48 who have a modest mortgage go to church had 2 kids and this weekend will be painting the spare bedroom a fetching shade of magnolia whould not be the most riviting read.
              Oh right, in that case I will cancel the hairdo if they arent coming to take photographs

Comment

Originally posted by Meerkat Militia View Post
                Oh right, in that case I will cancel the hairdo if they arent coming to take photographs
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

divide and rule
                  (or divide and conquer)

In politics and sociology,

The use of this technique is meant to empower the sovereign to control subjects, populations, or factions of different interests, who collectively might be able to oppose his rule. (Wiki)

Our prime-minister is the most blatant exponent of this technique

Comment

Working...
                  X