GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Friend of hubbys/JSA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend of hubbys/JSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend of hubbys/JSA

Please can anyone advise on this one?

My hubby's friend, became unemployed after xmas, and before long he found new work.
    He registered for JSA on 7th Jan, his last date working was before Xmas - he attended appointment at the job centre 9th Jan, and was then told to come back the following week on a Tues to sign.

Anyway, he heard of new employment and started the following Monday, so did not have to sign, so rang up the job centre to confirm this and they said anything owed to him will be paid, and they will send the P45 in the post.

He spoke to hubby on the phone yesterday to ask how it works, but its been some years since we been in this position, but he said he had a letter dated 23 Jan 2013 last Weds date, which said he is entitled to Job seekers (class 1 Nat ins Contribution record) and that the money will be paid into his bank account stated.
    Anyway, he rang me just now, coz hubby working days today, and his mate said he's still not received anything in his account, so wondered if the letter was done a week today, how long after should it be paid in?
    (He must be owed something, despite the new employment, because he had nothing for a few weeks).

This I am not sure about, so does anyone have any ideas on this please.

He did also say that it says nothing about the cancellation of when he confirmed a new job, but just about how much he will be paid, and how often etc.

I personally think as its a week gone by since they made out this letter he should have had the payment by now???

He said he will keep trying to ring them, but just not getting through and it's costing him a fortune, being left on hold to listen to music.

Thank you.
    Last edited by di30; 30 January 2013, 15:02.

Re: Friend of hubbys/JSA

hi Di

Not 100% sure, but i think you don't get the first 3 days of JSA? as well, you tend to get (depending which week it falls on), You tend to work 1 wks notice before you get JSA

As for paying local rate (via mobile or landline) - If you are an o2 customer on mobile it costs FREE if you are using the 0800 number (make sure he puts 800 instead). Otherwise type in the 0844 or 0845 whatever they use nowadays in 'saynoto0870' and it'll give you a landline number or alternative type the number in on FREE APP for the iPhone and it'll convert to landline number for you

I've posted listing on forum, will try to find it
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
      hi Di

Not 100% sure, but i think you don't get the first 3 days of JSA? as well, you tend to get (depending which week it falls on), You tend to work 1 wks notice before you get JSA

As for paying local rate (via mobile or landline) - If you are an o2 customer on mobile it costs FREE if you are using the 0800 number (make sure he puts 800 instead). Otherwise type in the 0844 or 0845 whatever they use nowadays in 'saynoto0870' and it'll give you a landline number or alternative type the number in on FREE APP for the iPhone and it'll convert to landline number for you

LINK

smart phone apps that will save you money - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hi Di

Hiya and thank you .

All I know is its been 3 weeks since he registered and his letter dated last Weds says the money due will be paid into his stated bank account, but as this letter was a week ago, he is just a little worried of no signs of it being received yet.

I shall of course pass on the details you left, or will get hubby to speak to him when he gets in, thanks again.

Comment

Di

(Possibly) with it being a Xmas and Bank Hol weeks, current Unemployed people will have been paid early, so possibly a catch up on transactions? For new JSA?

update info:
          How you’re paid

Usually payments are made every 2 weeks, and are calculated from 3 days after the date you made your claim.
          Jobseeker's Allowance - GOV.UK

Other info:

Extra rules for income-based JSA

Usually, to qualify for income-based JSA:
          • your partner (if you have one) must work less than 24 hours a week on average
          • you and your partner must have less than £16,000 in savings

Your household income can affect how much you get too. This includes money from savings (if you have £6,000 or more), pensions and earnings.

I know that my father only got approx £10, as he/they had more than 16k in savings and he was made redundant
          Last edited by 5corpio; 30 January 2013, 18:43.

Comment

Di

(Possibly) with it being a Xmas and Bank Hol weeks, current Unemployed people will have been paid early, so possibly a catch up on transactions? For new JSA?
            Yes that is quite possible 5corpio, hubby forwarded the details you left to Jimbo, he says thank you, and said he will contact them at the end of week or early next week if what is due to him is not paid into his account.
            Thankfully he is working again now, so not desperate, but think he was more worried in case they say they paid him something when they have not done so yet.

Thanks hun

oops missed your other bit lol. He was told he would be getting £85 a week, that's including taking off any other income coming in.
            So he should only really be owed that one week due to starting back to work on the 14th, or would it be 2 weeks, because he had to work a week in hand, so a fortnight with no money.
            I dont know the full exact details, only what he told hubby on the phone really.

Thanks for the useful info though. x
            Last edited by di30; 30 January 2013, 18:47.

Comment

Oops almost forgot to update.

Hubby's mate contacted JSA anyway to ask about P45 who said it's on the way and decided to question about the owed payment to date.
              They said it was done on 23 Jan, and didnt quite understand how he's not received it, so there may have been error on the paying in details.

So with that, they are fast pacing it to his account by Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
              X