GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Child Benefit help please. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Benefit help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Benefit help please.

Hi folks

My son is 18 and still continues 16-20 hours non advanced education.

CB stopped in August this year and I've sent them form after form to confirm the continuation and to clarify that Child tax credits are paying out each week too.
    My son who is also disabled does not receive any benefits such as income support etc (just DLA) which I claim on his behalf as his appointee.

So its about 6/7 weeks now.

What I do find strange is that on the 16th Sept (last month) they paid the one week £20.30 and that was that, so nothing weeks before that and nothing more yet!
    Usually its paid ever 4 weeks.

How long do they usually take please? as its not a brand new claim but should have continued.

Thanks.

Re: Child Benefit help please.

Sorry I can't help you Di. It's a long time since I claimed CB...but we all know that the DWP are a law unto themselves.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No worries Pixie but thank you though lovely

I think I waited long enough for me to ring them now, so if nothing in the post by the end of this week, i shall try chasing it up x

Comment

Over 2 months and still no payment of Child benefit!!

Comment

I had this when my daughter hit 18 and rang them after receiving a letter telling me it would stop. They re-instated it with no probs; all they needed was a letter from her college.

You need to chase them....
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
            I had this when my daughter hit 18 and rang them after receiving a letter telling me it would stop. They re-instated it with no probs; all they needed was a letter from her college.

You need to chase them....
            Thank you hun

I have sent many of those forms by recorded delivery to update them, to confirm like last year that continues, infact they were aware that it will be 2015 with a letter to confirm this last year from his tutor.

This year (July) they sent another form for an update, done the same, then sent another as they sent another, that was at the end of July as it was to stop in August, then suddenly just one week's payment was made at the start of Sept but nothing more.

He is also on DLA where I am his appointee, but no state benefits.

I shall try ringing again tomorrow. Thanks hun

Comment

What a nightmare!! I had a similar runaround with Student Finance one year and it's very stressful. Hope you get it sorted Hun.... please keep us updated.
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Thanks again, and guess what??

A payment of £140 and the odds were paid into my account today lol......

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  Thanks again, and guess what??

A payment of £140 and the odds were paid into my account today lol......
                  Yay!! Well done girly!!
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                    Yay!! Well done girly!!

LOL thank you x

I think its correct the amount received, but am making sure just in case.

The very last payment was made in 19th August, the amount of £81.20, then somehow a payment of just one week of £20.30 was made into the account on 16th Sept, they made a payment of £142.10, so that is 7 weeks of payment, does that work out right do you think please? (No gap weeks)???
                    I add the 7 weeks to the one week they made and work out that is about right?

Just want to make sure lol, cheers hun xx

Comment

Yup, adds up to me, Di. Another payment due Monday by my calculations (that is when I get my payment of £81.20 for four weeks also).
                      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Seems right to me also... Hopefully, now it's been set up again, your money should just go in automatically
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Thank you both and everyone else

The actual letter arrived today.

Dear Mrs Dizzy

I am writing to tell you we are changing the amount of Child Benefit we pay you. We will continue to pay your benefit into the ** ** Bank.

The new amount and the way your child benefit it made up is shown on the next page under HOW YOUR BENEFIT IS WORKED OUT.

Please read the notes we have sent with this letter. These notes are important. They tell you what changes you must tell us about...........keep in safe place, blah blah.

Total weekly rates from 21 October 2013 = £20.30

Basic amounts: 21 October2013
                          Name "Son" £20.30

OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
                          Your claim to Child Benefit has been allowed from 2 September 2013. The total amount of benefit payable from that week is £20.30.
                          Please read the section below headed "Questions you might have"
                          Payment of £142.10 for the amount we owe you up to the 14 October will be paid into your account shortly (Paid in yesterday).

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
                          Right okay, so as it was paid every 4 weeks previously I take it this continues to be paid every 4 weeks?
                          And the next 4 weeks due will be 11 November 2013 ?? is that right?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Right okay, so as it was paid every 4 weeks previously I take it this continues to be paid every 4 weeks?
                            And the next 4 weeks due will be 11 November 2013 ?? is that right?

Thanks

That's what it reads like to me.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                            X