GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Calculating Tax credits award??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calculating Tax credits award???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculating Tax credits award???

Does anyone know how the Tax credits calculates awards.

When we did used to get working tax, this was never paid the same time as child tax.
    Child tax have always been paid to me weekly to myself, and when we did have working tax it was every 4 weeks to hubby.

A long post sorry, but happy for any help, thank you.

Basically Tax credits have been reinstated 06/04/2011 to 05/04/2012. First payment made 13 March 2012.

This did stop in Jan 2012, and since been in touch with CTC office to confirm non advanced full time education for disabled son was continued and did not end, so they reinstated this again at the beginning of the month.

Working Tax £249.00
    Child Tax £6887.40

Amounts still to be paid:
    Working Tax £0.00
    Child Tax £532.73

How tax credits is worked out:

Working Tax: Basic from 06/04 to 16/10/2011 (194) days £1018.50

Second adult from 06/04/2011 to 16/10/2011 (194) days £1034.02

30 hour element from 06/04/2011 to 16/10/2011 (194) days £419.04

Total working tax elements (other than childcare) £2471.56

Reduction due to your income £2221.58

Amount for period £249.98

.................................................. .............

Child tax elements

1 qualifying child from 06/04/2011 to 31/08/2011 (148 days) £1034.52

01/09/2011 to 05/04/2012 (218) days

Disability elements
    1 disability element from 06/04/2011 to 05/04/2012 (366 days) £2803.56

1 severe disability element from 06/04/2011 to 05/04/2012 (366) days £1130.94

Family elements
    Basic from 06/04/2011 to 05/04/2012 (366) days £545.34

Total Child Tax elements £7038.18

Reduction to your income £150.78

Amount for the period £6887.40

Amount to be paid

Working Tax credit £249.98 (confused on this bit because it says £0 above?

Child Tax credit £6887.40 (total for both = £7137.38 (this is payments received in both WTC & CTC).

Payments already made by us = £6422.64.

Amount due to you £532.73

Child Tax still to be paid to Mrs *****

(Award notice date 09 March 2012)

.................................................. ........
    Payments/dates & amounts
    13/03/2012 £133.64
    We will usually pay you on a Tuesday £133.03

(This will bring it up to end of this tax year)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My main concern below (Confused), after reading below, you will have to refer back to the above figures to make sense from it all.

What I am confused about is, where they stated they have already paid = £6422.64, I assume that is to date of child tax and working tax paid to Jan 2012? Because my hubby did also receive approx £1374 Working tax over the periods of 2011. Which more or less adds to the amounts already paid to us as stated on notice.

As tax credits did stop in January 2012, (as I did not realise my son who still undertakes full time home education included them paying out tax credits for home ed as well) he has been home ed with a tutor since Dec 2008 because of difficulties etc), but I did not realise that after post 16, 17 he would be eligible until "Contact a family" for disabled had confirmed this to me, so I got in touch with CTC and CHB, and also requested for back dating.

I am unsure on how they calculated of what we already received.....
    Checking bank statements of child tax credits, from April 2011 to January 2012 = £5048

I understand they may have included the overall payments of working tax as well, but the notice does not make it clear.
    The notice states £249.98 of working tax separately to that of child tax of £6887.38.

I do not understand why it states £249.98 of working tax on the front of the page, yet amounts of working tax credits yet to be paid is £0.00.

I am probably incorrect, but if child tax credit was worked out separate to that of working tax as it shows on the award notice, then if entitlement of CTC was £6887.40, the amount of CTC actually received from April 2011 to Jan 2012 was £5048 .55 when checking my bank statements, when reinstated this month (March 2012) the amount now due to me is £532.73 to bring it to the end of the year, this would then total = £5048.55 + what is due £532.73 total = 5581.28, and does not bring it up to the child tax credits amount as shown (£6887.40)
    That is approx £1306 difference.

When I confirmed the education matter to them, I also requested for backdating and also because I assumed it was automatic if receive disability (severe element). But no backpayments received, so am wondering how this was calculated, if anyone can please help, thank you.

Child benefit has been backdated from Jan 2012. (But no backpayments from CTC).

Cheers in advance.

Re: Calculating Tax credits award???

The relevant information.......
    Attached Files

Comment

you know, if it had been about any other tax matter i could have helped, but unfortunately, working tax and child tax credit are the only two types i dont deal with in my job lol

Im sure someone else can though!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        you know, if it had been about any other tax matter i could have helped, but unfortunately, working tax and child tax credit are the only two types i dont deal with in my job lol

Im sure someone else can though!

Aww thanks honey and no worries, they don't make it easy really do they? lol, thank you though x

Comment

I write to The Manager about this in case of any mis-calculating.
          Because working out the above they have not actually paid the amount they have stated of CTC, and not backdated either - where it should be automatic if paid a severe disability element.

Received the letter and they should be contacting me by or before 19 April 2012.

Comment

Doesnt suprise me! you have to tell them how to do their job most days.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Doesnt suprise me! you have to tell them how to do their job most days.

You can say that again.

Comment

Letter back yesterday, still trying to get my head around it, as they have only said what we already know, nothing about a back payment mentioned though.

And weird thing is, I wrote to them and not my hubby and they replied to my letter I signed and sent to them in his name!!!

Dear Mr *****

Thank you for your letter dated 27 March 2012, regarding your tax credits.

After looking into your details I can confirm that we do have your son ***** entered on our system as being in full time non advanced education. May I take this opportunity to apologise for any confusion or previous understanding caused.

In your letter you also ask about entitlement amounts shown on your 2011 to 2012 award notices. I can confirm that your entitlement for 2011 - 2012 is £7,137.38. This is made up of £6887.40 of child Tax Credits and £249.98 working tax credits. I apologise for any confusion caused.

For general enquiries about your award or to report a change in your circumstances, please telephone Tax credits helpline on 0345 300 3900.

(The the usual how to contact us, times opening etc).

Yours sincerely

CSSG Officer.

Comment

Ring the number they provide and get some answers.

Comment

Ring the number they provide and get some answers.

Thanks SXGuy, I will try again tomorrow.

They have been hopeless on the phone previously and as my letter was being dealt with in the Managers Dept, they just kept saying I will have to wait for letter, but now this have arrived (although not to me but hubby), I can mention, letter received but nothing about backpayment, so what is happening.

The point here is that of the £6887 they said we were entitled to of the "child tax" for the 2011 to 2012 year, they paid £5048 to Jan 2012, and a further payment in installments when they reinstated it in being aware of my son in education etc, of £532 this entailed of £133 a week from March 2012 to April 2012 to complete the year, but there is a further £1300 odd missing somewhere (to make up to the £6887 amount).

Comment

I get what you saying, id suggest that when you ring, you ask to speak to a technician who can go over those figures with you and confirm what has happend.

The people who answer the phone mostly have no clue about anything complicated.

Comment

A thought have just come to me!

Now the previous letters are sent from myself, and as you know the letters they sent were addressed to my hubby.

Now all award notices are in both names (joint), but the WTC was always awarded in hubby's name and CTC awarded in my name.

Do you think maybe there is a letter to come to me as well, "maybe" about the backpayment, but they were just also making my hubby aware of the issue?

Just a thought, maybe I should see what comes in the post tomorrow first.........

Comment

yes that could be it Di, ok give it a few days for the post, if nothing then ring.

Comment

yes that could be it Di, ok give it a few days for the post, if nothing then ring.

Will do, thank you for your help.

Did try ringing earlier, but gave up, my house phone on charge now again lol.

Comment

Let me know if you have any trouble ringing them, like waiting too long and ill dig out an agent number for you, dont tell them where you got it from though lol

Comment

Working...
                              X