GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can you get a mortgage with a blank credit file ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you get a mortgage with a blank credit file ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get a mortgage with a blank credit file ?

If you have been off radar for some time and the only thing on your credit file is a multiple year history of the electoral role, can you still get a mortgage ?

Assume here 25% deposit, 3 x income.

I suppose the question is whether having nothing bad is not enough and if so, just how much positive stuff do you need ?

Re: Can you get a mortgage with a blank credit file ?

Thats shouldn't be a problem at all, remember in the end they have a first charge over the house so they are a little more laid back by lack of history as long as you are on the electoral role and can prove income.

Comment

Originally posted by Talay View Post
      If you have been off radar for some time and the only thing on your credit file is a multiple year history of the electoral role, can you still get a mortgage ?

Assume here 25% deposit, 3 x income.
      How do you have three jobs?

Or are those income streams from each of your wives?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        How do you have three jobs?

Or are those income streams from each of your wives?
        Very good !

I wish it was me sitting in the chair with 3 wives putting envelopes of filthy lucre into my sticky mitt but alas it is just looking at a not very high income to mortgage multiple.

I am not sure they would like a 95% LTV and a request of 5 times salary. In any case, the interest rates on such a loan would be massively high.

Comment

Oh, you meant you'd wish to borrow thrice your income.

I've never had a mortgage and nor, for that matter, had my parents.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            I've never had a mortgage and nor, for that matter, had my parents.
            flash b'stard
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i got accepted in principle with northern rock and santander (eventually accepted santander mortgage)

Im self employed, only needed to show income from last two years.

My wife is on PAYE, she only needed to show 1 payslip proving her monthly pay.

We got a mortgage for 180,000 with just 12% deposit.

The only thing on my credit file is the electoral roll, and car finance repayments.

Hope that helps.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X