GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

Originally posted by Natty View Post
    Well Monday is almost over, and no contact from LS or FOS. I have still not recieved any emails, texts or calls from P2P.

I have just logged onto the website the account is in Default and they have added £12 to the balance. But still no contact from them?
    Hi Natty

Well as I hope you're starting to realize, you have missed the payment deadline for these companies and there has been no massive explosion, the earth hasn't opened up and swallowed you up, and your bank account has not imploded.

Well done for getting through this stage and not breaking

So what happens next? Lets look at the two accounts:

Lendingstream

1) You have sent them a letter challenging them on irresponsible lending - to which they have not responded

2) They are under an investigation by the FOS - to which they are not responding particularly quickly, and infact, they could be accused of dragging their heels

I think the next course of action would be to push for a response to your complaint, as you have not even had an acknowledgement letter yet (which is also another failure on their part). But before we do this I need an answer to the statement below as we need to be prepared for pushback on this point.

The FOS stated that LS believe that at the time of application you stated that you had a disposable income of £1000/month - is this true? What information did you provide to lead them to believe this (if you did provide any information of course).

Pounds 2 Pocket

You let them make the first move - until they do, you can't pre-empt how they are going to approach things. My experience of these companies is that they are very poor at following FCA guidance on dealing with debtors which works in your favour - but you have to give them the rope to hang themselves with

Risks
    There are a few risks here - the main one being that they will add interest and charges to the account. However the FCA have limited how much they can do now so a debt cannot escalate 10x or more (the limit is now double).

The most likely thing that will happen is the account will get sold to a debt collection agency - at which point you will negotiate with them.

The worst case scenario is that you get a court claim - however we have only ever seen this happen once, and that was because the person involved buried their head in the sand and didn't address things.

Relax!

The above is worst case scenario and really unlikely - we're pushing for best scenario here, and you are in communication with the companies concerned and in control of the situation.

What you can learn from this now is that in comparison to getting on with your life, and being there for your family, they are low priority.

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good morning SnV,

Yes I am still standing!

TBH I do not know how they have come up the £1000, I entered information on the website application form, however so stressed at the time as needed the money unsure what I entered! Sorry.

I looked at the worse scenario for P2P, and my heart sank and then I read that this is only happened to one person. I just want a quick resolution, but I understand these things take time.

Warm wishes
      Natty

Comment

SnV

I have just received this fom the FOS and a further text chasing payment:

I want to be as honest as possible with you in regards to what we can get the business to do at this stage. I can ask them if they will put the account on hold however, they don’t have to agree to this because they are still within their 8 weeks in which they will try and resolve the complaint themselves. If they say no then they would be within their right to start adding charges again if they don’t receive a payment.

You might want to consider making a small token payment to them and then they may be more likely to agree to putting the account on hold. Also even if turns out that we think the loans shouldn’t have been sold to you, you would still need to repay the loan capital.

I’ll let you know once I receive a response from them.

Comment

The FOS are spineless.

If you were missold any regulated product then the capital DOES NOT need to be repaid, so all you want is confirmation from the FOS that they believe it was missold to you and then if it ends up in court (through non payment) the FOS ruling would help in any defence, because unlike the FOS a court works quite differently - if you were missold then you do not repay (unless the judge says so - very unlikely)!

So don't worry too much about the spineless FOS - all you need is their ruling that confirms in their opinion, you were missold..... Get that and we would then help you with next steps
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            The Fobbing Off Service is spineless.
            I have fixed your post for you.

Comment

Thanks for responding Never _In -Doubt & CC for making me laugh.

However the mear mention of Court and my stomach was churning! Cannot go through that, I rely hope it does not come to that.

Comment

However the mear mention of Court and my stomach was churning! Cannot go through that, I rely hope it does not come to that.
                It may surprise you, but you can make payment arrangements with creditors and they still take you to court.

However right now you're a million miles away from this going to court, and tbh I cannot see a Judge ruling that giving you FIVE short term loans would be anything but irresponsible.

You can see that the FOS is already starting to take the position of sitting on the fence - but as Niddy has pointed out, if they do decide to back you and state that the loans were mis-sold then LS would be between a rock and a hard place.

This is a waiting game now - I know its frustrating, but wait and see how things pan out.
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know SnV! I just need to sit & wait.

I have not responded to the FOS email, any advice what to go back with?

Comment

Thanks for responding Never _In -Doubt & CC for making me laugh.

Court may seem like a Daunting Process - However after being in court now roughly 13 times (only 1 for Financial issues) it almost seems like a holiday to me now.

Believe me when I say this - the thought of court is built up as a scare tactic - But in many cases it is actually more relieving to be in court and dealing with the issue in front of a Judge instead of a faceless Financial firm or DCA. Especially when you have support behind you - like from us on here.

You may never get taken to court for any of this - and if it were to happen it wouldn't be this month or next month - its more likely to be between 3-5 years before it gets to that point. Hopefully that gives you a vision of where abouts you are in the process - and I highly doubt it will get that far at all.
                    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Thanks Kilasuit! My 3-5 years'! I am really jumping the gun, thinking far too much! Apologies to you all, thanks for putting up with me.

I am just thinking the worse scenario! No one knows of the difficulties I am in accept you wonderful people.

Comment

We don't put up with you Natty after all friends help each other don't they ? You are doing just fine and dandy .. Hugs xxx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Nanna thank you so much, the kindness of total strangers is just amazing.

Comment

Me a stranger .... I'm your nanna xx
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I know SnV! I just need to sit & wait.

I have not responded to the FOS email, any advice what to go back with?
                              They've told you that they will let you know when LS get back to them, so wait on that.

If you want to respond, then just a one liner stating something like "Thanks for your email, I look forward to hearing from you soon once LS have provided you with the information asked for".

Thats all you need to do for now.

Comment

More texts from LS today advising of my missed payments. Still not heard from P2P.

SnV I know I sent the email to P2P advising to cease the CPA, should I not send them an email as to why I have not made the payment?
                                Last edited by Natty; 5 February 2015, 07:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X