GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

Hi Natty,

These Notices are somewhat different to you getting a Default Notice - Although I will point out they are worded to imply that they are an Actual Default Notice - This is just essentially a Late Payment letter (hence detailing an Arrears Fees of £10) which under the CCA they are entitled to send you and as SnV stated above it at least shows they are following the correct processes.

Other than this I hope the weekend has brought some good news about your dad and that you have had chance to relax a little.
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
      Hi Natty,

These Notices are somewhat different to you getting a Default Notice - Although I will point out they are worded to imply that they are an Actual Default Notice - This is just essentially a Late Payment letter (hence detailing an Arrears Fees of £10) which under the CCA they are entitled to send you and as SnV stated above it at least shows they are following the correct processes.

Other than this I hope the weekend has brought some good news about your dad and that you have had chance to relax a little.
      Yup indeedy - it was as I thought - these are templated letters sent out automatically to all people who did not make their payments. There has been no thought put into this Natty - almost all their systems are automated, and also gives you another opportunity to challenge them.

Nothing is going to happen now today so wait until tomorrow, then you can ping off another email to them.

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Morning to you both SnV & Kilasuit, after 4 weeks you know me by now, and how stressed I get. I need to take a deep breath and chill.

Although LS & P2P have been at the back of my mind. I have managed to relax this weekend. Thanks to all the support & superior advice on this forum.

Many thanks for asking about Dad! My Dad has to have further tests next week, the past couple of days he has been in fine spirit. As you say family is so important.

Just to let you know although I have received many emails from LS,I have not heard anything from them.

Comment

Keep plodding Natty you are doing sooooooôoo well love to dad. Xxxx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SnV

When you have a chance can you have a read of post 123., I have copied the email I received from the FOS on Friday. Can I ask what you general feeling is about the response.

Best wishes

Natty

Comment

Hey Natty, you survived your nemesis.

The 30th/31st of January came and went and you're still standing.

You are now in control of the situation

Yay

Plan B x

Comment

I did Plan B!

Just thinking what tomorrow will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post
                  SnV

When you have a chance can you have a read of post 123., I have copied the email I received from the FOS on Friday. Can I ask what you general feeling is about the response.

Best wishes

Natty
                  Hi Natty,

I would say that it's a bog standard FOS approach - They don't like to give anything away until they are happy with all the details in front of them and by sounds of it they are still waiting for more details.
                  I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Kilasuit I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens next week.

Comment

Kilasuit I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens next week.
                      Nothing that you and S&V cant sort! you are doing well thus far

Comment

SnV

Best wishes

Natty
                        Well a question will be how did LS arrive at the conclusion that you had £1000/month disposable income as this has a big part in the 'affordability' argument.

But ball is still in their court - they have acknowledged that they cannot tell you what to do, and tbh, even if you did come to a payment arrangement, I doubt that LS would listed to them regards freezing interest also.

The FOS have said they are waiting on the interest you've paid on those loans - wait for that info
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

I did Plan B!

Just thinking what tomorrow will bring.
                          Monday. Breakfast.

Comment

Well Monday is almost over, and no contact from LS or FOS. I have still not recieved any emails, texts or calls from P2P.

I have just logged onto the website the account is in Default and they have added £12 to the balance. But still no contact from them?
                            Last edited by Natty; 2 February 2015, 21:48.

Comment

Well Monday is almost over, and no contact from LS or FOS. I have still not recieved any emails, texts or calls from P2P.

I have just logged onto the website the account is in Default and they have added £12 to the balance. But still no contact from them?
                              I would be inclined to suggest that you may not hear back from FOS until next Monday - When I went to FOS it was almost 3 months before I heard anything useful from them - but this was before they would do any communication via Email (or at least wouldn't with me)

As you have given P2P a refusal to collect via CPA and have also requested from your bank to refuse any attempts you need to sit tight and wait for P2P to send you a similar letter to the ones you received from LS.

And I cannot stress this enough - You are in control of the situation and not them. So you just need to sit tight relax and wait for P2P to communicate with you and when they do we are here to help you stop stressing about it all especially when there are more pressing family matters at hand.

I used to be exactly the same - but now when it comes to dealing with any form of creditor I have come to the conclusion that there is no need for me to get stressed about it and get 20+ steps ahead of where things actually are. And I think you are in the same/similar boat to most new members of this forum. The world of Credit has this "bad aura" around it due to matters get handled by DCA's and creditors in the most extreme of cases. Just remember that most of what is thrown is to spur you into a corner to surrender to them - just bully tactics.

But yes relax for the time being

Comment

Thanks Kilasuit! for the support and guidance. It is a waiting game, and as you rightly state, I have more pressing family matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X