GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

FOS will say that legal points are left to the courts, and only give opinions.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Natty hope you keeping well and dad is on the mend, family come first ....hugs xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SnV

I have received a further email from the FOS:

Thank you for your emails. I didn’t think that you came across confrontational at all so please don’t worry!

I can’t tell you what to do in regards to the paying Lending Stream however, if no payment plan is arranged or if no payments are made to them we wouldn’t be able to stop them adding further charges.

I can see the loans were given to you between October and December 2014. From the information Lending Stream have sent me so far I can see that your disposable income at the time was around £1000. When we look into whether we think loans should have been sold to you we would look at how often they lent to you, how much they let you borrow and what checks they did before you were given the loan, this will include any information you’ve given them in the application.

I’m just waiting for them to send me some more information about the interest you’ve paid on the loans, when I get this I’ll be in touch with you again.

I have also received a text and email from LS chasing payment.

Please can you advise further.

Natty

Comment

I hope your Dad is on the mend too and like Nanna send you hugs.

Best wishes
          IF

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post

I'm going to be out tomorrow for work, but will pop in when I can and also over the weekend.
          Natty, just to remind you SnV is away with work and will answer your post over the weekend.
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

IF thank you for your concern and support.

Nanna Thank you to for your words of support, I appreciate everyone's kinds words.

Comment

Best wishes from me to Natty.

I wouldn't worry too much about the emails from FOS etc - they are pretty standard. I doubt (personal opinion) that LS will do anything immediately given FOS are looking into things.

Nothing much is likely to move before Monday, so try not to worry and enjoy your weekend!

Comment

oscar, many thanks for the words of support.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to every single person who has responed to all my posts, relating to my Dad, LS & P2P. As I said a few weeks ago, I am so touched and continue to be touched by all the help and support by total strangers. I just wanted to say it means a lot.

Love & Best wishes to you all

Natty

Comment

Good morning all,

SnV, I have woken up to 5 default notices from LS! Although I am trying to chill, I am stressing and have not had much sleep.

Comment

Natty, it's not worth losing sleep over this! You have the defaults because you didn't pay. Just ignore them, this is being dealt with, it is more important that you stay strong for your dad.
                    i know everyone keeps telling you not to worry, remember we are giving this advice based on our own experiences with debt. Family, health and life in general are so much more important than some bad financial decisions.

Comment

I know Cymruambyth, I agree totally, just really hard. I stress big time and worry about things before they happen, it's in my make up. I wish I was not so weak.

Thank you for the support.

Comment

You aren't weak, people deal with things in different ways! I spent many years dreading the phone, post etc, but after I discovered AAD I found out the law and my rights and reached the point where it is almost a game of chess or cat and mouse!

Comment

You would have got these anyway. Also, remember these are default notices - basically just a letter advising you that you have missed the payment. They are not defaults that would appear on your credit file.

As I said above, try not to worry and enjoy your weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post
                            Good morning all, SnV, I have woken up to 5 default notices from LS! Although I am trying to chill, I am stressing and have not had much sleep.
                            Hi Natty - this is perfectly fine and perfectly normal, and is LS are following the process that they should be following. TBH with the FOS having scrutiny on your case they are more likely to!

Only thing I would ask you to do - could you copy the content of one of the 'Default Notices' and post on the thread please? (Remove any personal/identifying information).

Reason being I would like to see if these are actual 'Default Notices', and whether the conform to the prescribed form required under the CCA.

As others have said - please enjoy your weekend! You're dealing with this absolutely fine and if you let yourself get stressed, this is exactly what they want, as you're then more likely to agree to something you wouldn't do otherwise.

Best
                            SnV
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Natty - just a thought - right at the beginning of this thread you mentioned you were low and depressed - did you ever go to a doctor during this period to discuss this, or were you receiving treatment for depression at the time etc?
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Hello SnV,

Here is a copy of one the 5 emails received : Notice of Default Sums:

IMPORTANT: YOU SHOULD READ THIS EMAIL AND THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.

Dear Natty

You missed a payment and we’ve added a late fee, so we wanted to let you know. Full details are outlined in the attached document.

Please contact us at info@lendingstream.co.uk or on 0203 564 7028* if you have any questions or are facing financial difficulties. We’re ready to help.

Regards,
                                Lending Stream Customer Service

Attachment: Notice of Default Sum

SnV,
                                No I did not go to my GP, just tried to get on with it.

Here is the attachment:

IMPORTANT – YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY
                                NOTICE OF DEFAULT SUMS
                                Served under section 86E of the Consumer Credit Act 1974
                                This Notice of Default Sums now served on you relates to a Fixed-Sum credit Agreement,number 142680616 and dated 25-Sep-2014 entered into by you with Lending Stream LLC.
                                This notice is given in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 because you havedefaulted on your payments under the Terms & Conditions.
                                This Notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about inanother default sums notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid.
                                You are encouraged to contact us to discuss the state of your account. Our contact detailsare: Lending Stream, Wisteria Camrose House, 2A Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex,HA8 6EG; Tel: +44 (0)203 564 7028;
                                Email: info@lendingstream.co.uk.
                                Notices
                                You have not been charged for the preparation or delivery of this notice.
                                Regards,
                                Customer Care TeamLending Stream.

Date Payable

Nature of Default

Default Sum

31-01-2015

Arrear Fees

Total Default Sums Due:

Last edited by Natty; 31 January 2015, 14:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X