GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

Right, I thought it was P2P was the company who had a forwarding address?

I know LS have an addresss and office as the FOS are in contact with them? Or I am wrong?

I have sent the LS letters to:

2 Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 6EG

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post
      Right, I thought it was P2P was the company who had a forwarding address?

I know LS have an addresss and office as the FOS are in contact with them? Or I am wrong?

I have sent the LS letters to:

2 Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 6EG
      Its a forwarding address - to my knowledge there is at least another 3 or 4 short term lenders registered to the same address

Lending Stream are actually based in Deleware in the US (like many other PDL companies).

The FOS will more than likely have had communication with them via email, or possibly the phone.
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Doing well Natty getting great ignoring skills xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SnV,

I have just received a response to my last email from the FOS person. They have just returned from leave. If you remember I sent them an offer of £66 providing all charges and interest is frozen. Since then I have sent a further letter to LS:

Hi Natty

Thank you for getting back to me. I can ask Lending Stream to contact you to discuss this with you and get this set up. Please could you confirm if you want the complaint investigated further or if you are happy for it to be closed once a payment plan has been agreed?

Kind regards,
          Last edited by Natty; 2 March 2015, 09:27.

Comment

If this has not even landed with an Adjudicator yet then make sure it does. Their role is specifically to determine whether the lender was at fault and if so how, and how can they cease from repeating it in the future. They look at all sides of the argument and unlike a court, which cannot take personal opinions into account, the FOS can. By that I mean that they will try and place themselves in the position of the lender and look at things from the borrowers point of view then they'd put themselves in the position of the borrower. They can assume things and base an outcome on such assumptions so bear that in mind.

I would refer it for an Adjudicator and cease making offers with LS immediately. Deal with the FOS as LS cannot take retaliatory action as a result of a complaint and they cannot enforce whilst it is with the FOS either. If it takes a year or two, great! Don't push for an outcome - save up and then make an offer after a year or whenever the FOS do come back with an outcome.

Worse case they find against you - all you do then is do not accept the decision, ie don't sign and return the offer slip. That then puts you back to the position you were at prior to going to the FOS and leaves you open to deal direct with the creditor and/or make a suitable offer to settle and close.

Just my point of view on this.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
              Yes, remember though that its just a forwarding address - so its not likely to get to their US office for another week or so. Important thing is that you can demonstrate that you sent letters to this office.
              Correct.....

Contact Address: Lending Stream, Wisteria Camrose House, 2A Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 6EG, UK | Registered Address: 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Wilmington, DE 19808, USA.| Registered in the State of Delaware,USA | Registration Number: 4124111. CCTA membership number: 860 | BCCA membership number: 5288 | Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Interim Permission Number 643942.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ls-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1407394Click image for larger version

Name:	ls-2.jpg
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1407396Click image for larger version

Name:	ls-3.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1407398
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Worse case they find against you - all you do then is do not accept the decision, ie don't sign and return the offer slip. That then puts you back to the position you were at prior to going to the FOS and leaves you open to deal direct with the creditor and/or make a suitable offer to settle and close.

Just my point of view on this.....
                That's my viewpoint too.

Making offers can be seen as a sign of weakness by the other side.

I'd be inclined to waste a year of LS' time at the FOS. You'll also get the satisfaction of knowing that they have to pay the FOS £500+ to fund the cost of the investigation

Plan B x

Comment

Thank you for the responses, I have stressed myself over this, with having other issues going on in my life. I thought by making an offer LS would leave me alone. However I agree with the irresponsible lending issue that SnV has been assisting me on.

However I think that this case should go to an FOS adjudicator. I really do not want LS contacting me to discuss payment as the FOS person stated in the email I recieved this morning.

Comment

Then tell the FOS you felt pressurised to make an offer but now you've had time to relax and having seen their email, you'd rather the lender made no contact whilst the FOS investigation proceeds to an Adjudicator....

That's what I would be doing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post
                      I really do not want LS contacting me to discuss payment as the FOS person stated in the email I recieved this morning.
                      I hate it when the FOS mistakenly think their role is to broker a financial settlement between the firm and the consumer when it's not. Their remit is to investigate complaints made by consumers to assess whether there has been any unfair practice and whether compensation is due as a result.

That FOS person was probably trying to hit some internal target to stifle complaints at source.

It's not their job to act like some marriage guidance counsellor or therapist to get the two of you to reach a mutual understanding and respect for each other. Sod that. Lending Stream is a Pay Day Loan business with questionable ethics.

That's just my cynical view of course.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        I hate it when the FOS mistakenly think their role is to broker a financial settlement between the firm and the consumer when it's not. Their remit is to investigate complaints made by consumers to assess whether there has been any unfair practice and whether compensation is due as a result.

That FOS person was probably trying to hit some internal target to stifle complaints at source.
                        Or he/she is hoping, after a stint at the Fobbing Off Service, to be employed once more at a high street bank.
                        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 2 March 2015, 15:59. Reason: rubricating a letter

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          If this has not even landed with an Adjudicator yet then make sure it does. Their role is specifically to determine whether the lender was at fault and if so how, and how can they cease from repeating it in the future.
                          It is difficult to understand how that might be achieved without the use of a bucket of KY, a pry bar to relieve their evident, multiple cases of cephalo-proctal intromission [1] and at least one whole brain transplant.

[1] capita eorum sunt in ano.

Comment

Oh dear

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1407402

Comment

Good God Nid how did you do that ?
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                                Good God Nid how did you do that ?
                                Years of practice - and of following a certain football team. space

Comment

Working...
                                X