GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

I have received a further two texts from LS today:

Your LENDINGSTREAM payments are over 3 weeks past due.Avoid things getting worse.Please call today on 0203 564 7028 (call charges apply).We can help!

Comment

And just received this one!

Settle Now!!Avail Discounts upto 40% on Outstanding Balance to
      CLOSE your Lending Stream Loan ID XXX Call now at 0203 564
      7028(call charges apply

Cannot believe how these people operate! It would be nice to receive a response to my letter dated the 05.01.15.
      Last edited by Natty; 5 March 2015, 19:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post

Your LENDINGSTREAM payments are over 3 weeks past due.Avoid things getting worse.Please call today on 0203 564 7028 (call charges apply).We can help!
        And just received this one!

Settle Now!!Avail Discounts upto 40% on Outstanding Balance to
        CLOSE your Lending Stream Loan ID XXX Call now at 0203 564
        7028(call charges apply

Cannot believe how these people operate! It would be nice to receive a response to my letter dated the 05.01.15.
        The text messages are automated.

To reply to a letter requires a person to read and to respond. Worse, the token Office Intellectual, who can read and write, may be on leave.
        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 5 March 2015, 00:40.

Comment

It would be nice to receive a response to my letter dated the 05.01.15.
          Yes, but if they don't they are in breach of the conditions of the license issued to them by the FCA, so actually silence on their part doesn't help them, and gives you another stick to beat them with.

What we're doing is building up a case against them using their own (lack of), procedures for dealing with things - it'll benefit you in the long run.
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Save all those texts, don't delete them since they may be useful to prove harassment if you ever need to.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              Save all those texts, don't delete them since they may be useful to prove harassment if you ever need to.
              Will do.

Comment

Well after all those emails to Pounds to Pocket, I have finally recieved a letter in the post. No mention of the numerous emails I have sent. The letter is a "Notice of Overdue Payment". The letter states I need to make a payment of £191.04 within 7 days, as my account is in default.

The letter is dated 1 March 2015

It then goes on to say if no response they will:

1.) Transfer my account to a third party debt recovery agency
                2.) Or sell the debt to a collections agency

I thought the above are the same thing?

The letter gives the followng ways to contact them:

1. Telephone
                2. Fax
                3. Email
                4. Online chat

The address on the letter is 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS

The envelope was covered in Pounds to Pocket lettering ( no discretion at all)

Although the letter looks quite standard, they have personalised it to me by stating:

p.s. Natty, did you know that most people who paid back their loans on time are now eligible for additional loans? (Unbelievable)

SnV, can you help please.

Comment

Well after all those emails to Pounds to Pocket, I have finally recieved a letter in the post. No mention of the numerous emails I have sent. The letter is a "Notice of Overdue Payment". The letter states I need to make a payment of £191.04 within 7 days, as my account is in default.

The letter is dated 1 March 2015

It then goes on to say if no response they will:

1.) Transfer my account to a third party debt recovery agency
                  2.) Or sell the debt to a collections agency

I thought the above are the same thing?

The letter gives the followng ways to contact them:

1. Telephone
                  2. Fax
                  3. Email
                  4. Online chat

The address on the letter is 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS

The envelope was covered in Pounds to Pocket lettering ( no discretion at all)

Although the letter looks quite standard, they have personalised it to me by stating:

p.s. Natty, did you know that most people who paid back their loans on time are now eligible for additional loans? (Unbelievable)

SnV, can you help please.
                  Its a standard template letter Natty - there is no 'personalization' its achieved using a mail merge from the contact details they hold on you.

With regard to the collections agencies:

1) This is where a collections agency will try to collect any debt on their behalf but P2P still own the debt
                  2) This is where they will sell the debt to a collections agency, who will then own all the rights and duties to the debt

TBH, its actually better for you for the above to happen, as you will find they will be UK based, so will also be more likely to be open to negotiation.

Keep the letter, and the envelope, they may come in useful, but don't worry this is all standard stuff.
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SnV,

Thanks for getting back to me. should I not respond to the letter, I thought we were going to go down the irresponsible lending road?

Best wishes
                    Natty

Comment

SnV,

Thanks for getting back to me. should I not respond to the letter, I thought we were going to go down the irresponsible lending road?

Best wishes
                      Natty
                      Hi Natty, yes we will but all in good time!

You need to remember that these letters/texts/emails are all designed and worded to make you react. Being reactive is not good in this situation as it gets you stressed and moves control of the situation from you to them.

Right now you're in control, not them remember

I can almost guarantee what will happen here - you will challenge them on irresponsible lending, and after a period of time of threats and bluster they will sell the account to some sucker of a DCA (probably ArcEurope).

Its at this point where negotiations start - what you need to be doing right now is putting money aside that you would otherwise be normally be paying them, so if necessary, you have a little 'war chest' to make a full and final offer.

Best
                      SnV

Comment

Thanks SnV,

So sorry for the stress head! As I am not going to respond to this letter, how long do you thing it will take to go to the next stage?

Comment

Thanks SnV,

So sorry for the stress head! As I am not going to respond to this letter, how long do you thing it will take to go to the next stage?
                          Its no bother - you just need to start to understand that to them you are just a number. This is NOT personal, its just a number on a profit/loss sheet.

They'll send you a few more letters emails yet. It could be some time (as in a couple of years!), before they sell the account on, or a couple of months. You usually find a lot of accounts get sold coinciding with the end of the financial year so that way they can write the debt off, and (believe it or not), claim tax relief against it also (if they are paying any corporation tax that is).

Important thing here is that you put away what money you can in the meantime, so if the account gets sold (and they don't just write it off), then you negotiate with the new creditor. The thing is their record keeping will be that poor, and knowing that they are scraping the barrel when it comes to debt accounts, that any challenge should see them off.

I know its easy to want things just done and over with, but best thing here is to just keep them working, and then occasionally we'll drop a bomb on them.

Time is your friend!

Comment

Thank you so much!

Just on a rollacoaster!! I have being doing so well and not stressing, however as soon as I received the correspondence I was stressed to hell.

My Dad will be having his operation shortly, I am trying so hard to keep things together. I really do appreciate your help and guidance

Comment

Thank you so much!

Just on a rollacoaster!! I have being doing so well and not stressing, however as soon as I received the correspondence I was stressed to hell.

My Dad will be having his operation shortly, I am trying so hard to keep things together. I really do appreciate your help and guidance

Yes remember thats what the intention of their letters is for - to stress you out. Don't let them get to you!

You've got far more important things to be worrying about at the moment, which is your Dad. P2P and LS can, and will, wait.

Get your Dad on the road to recovery, and then when you've got a bit of energy to deal with these two companies you can tackle them a bit more head on

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                                Yes remember thats what the intention of their letters is for - to stress you out. Don't let them get to you!

You've got far more important things to be worrying about at the moment, which is your Dad. P2P and LS can, and will, wait.

Get your Dad on the road to recovery, and then when you've got a bit of energy to deal with these two companies you can tackle them a bit more head on

Regrettably they are getting to me. I am extremely low and depressed at the moment. The weekend has been awful!

I am just dreading the DCA people contacting me. I just wish both of these companies would just agree to my £66 monthly payment and stop all other charges.

I have had a few emails from LS today advising they will reduce each loan my 40%, however the settlement figures are extremely high.

My Dad looks like he will be having his heart operation next month. He is not doing too good at the moment as he is worried & stressed. I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything better for us.

I am sorry for the negative post, I just need to turn my life around and get off this roller coaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X