GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lending Stream

Originally posted by Natty View Post
    This is a Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Sign it only if you want to be legally bound by its terms.
    Signature(s) of Debtor(s):
    MY NAME PRINTED

I AGREE: X
    00:37 AM on 04 December 2014

SnV

I have found the above that is stated on the new contract, however I do not remember seeing this. I am unsure, it has my name and address printed below were it states signature? And an X in the agree box.
    If this is an online agreement, then an "x" is as good as your signature ... the fact you put the X there, dictates that you have read and understood the T&Cs
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I guessed that Oscar, got myself into a right pickle with theses PDL.

I am hoping they will accept reduced payments from me.

Comment

I guessed that Oscar, got myself into a right pickle with theses PDL.

I am hoping they will accept reduced payments from me.
        Lets hope that FOS see some sense as do LS into your situation and there is an amicable middle ground reached
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Oh I do hope so.

Comment

Latest update!

I have received an email from the FOS today, it was in relation to reduced payments I mentioned in my initial post to them. I had offered £20 per month off 4 of the loans and £50 per month off the last loan I took out in December. Total per month £130

However the FOS state that LS are happy to accept my payment proposal and will put this in place once they receive my completed income & expenditure form. Apparently they had sent the form to the FOS to pass on to me, which the FOS have not.

i am so confused and stressing over this, I am concerned that I made the offer before I was aware of the irresponsible lending issues LS have.

LS have confirmed to the FOS that they have cancelled the CPA at their end.
            Last edited by Natty; 21 January 2015, 22:00.

Comment

Also to add insult to injury I received an email from LS today saying I am eligible for another loan!,,,, you could not make this stuff up.

Comment

I have received an email from the FOS today, it was in relation to reduced payments I mentioned in my initial post to them.

However the FOS state that LS are happy to accept my payment proposal . . . .

i am so confused and stressing over this, I am concerned that I made the offer before I was aware of the irresponsible lending issues LS have..
                No need to stress Natty

Can you tell us whether this FOS email is from the Adjudicator or from the real deal Ombudsman?

Adjudicators often try to broker a deal which may not be in your best interests especially if they don't have all the information in front of them. They mean well but it's not their money that'll be paying the PDL shark.

So you made an offer and now you might want to change your mind. You can do that. You're a woman after all, it's what we do

Comment

However the FOS state that LS are happy to accept my payment proposal and will put this in place once they receive my completed income & expenditure form.
                  I bet they are! They know that they should be on the end of a royal

i am so confused and stressing over this, I am concerned that I made the offer before I was aware of the irresponsible lending issues LS have.
                  I know this is easy to say but why be stressed? Think of it this way - the worst case scenario now is that LS accept the offer that you put to the FOS. I think had you not found this site, you would have considered that a result so don't change that thinking.

But I also think you should now fight for a better result.

I would suggest that now you push the points you made in the letter you sent to LS, which is that they have breached FCA guidelines, they have not followed the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act, and you believe that the subsequent offer you made in writing on xx/xx/xxxx where you asked them to write off the loans would be the moral thing to do ESPECIALLY in light of the fact you have received yet ANOTHER email encouraging you to take on more debt.

Can't hurt sending another email/letter can it?
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    So you made an offer and now you might want to change your mind. You can do that. You're a woman after all, it's what we do
                    LS and the FOS are late to the party - this is the offer thats on the table now:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post468842
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

I did miss post 68, and was just about to respond and I seen your new post asking had I seen it.

So sorry if I am confusing you and not making myself clear.

i did cancel the P2P CPA with my bank. I was given a new loan agreement reference, I am unsure if I actually signed a copy? I will check now.
                      Ok good news - if you've cancelled the CPA then they should not be able to take your money - I would also just call your bank and double check this is the case.

I'll put together an offer letter for you to send to them, I may not have time tomorrow so will probably be Friday - don't worry thats still plenty of time before the 30th.

Best
                      SnV

Comment

Hi Natty

By the way, you have control of the situation at the moment - don't feel like you have to respond to LS/FOS immediately - let them sweat on things for a couple of days. This also gives you an element of power back and will make you less stressed.

Remember - LS have accepted in principle to reduced payments, that should not change. All you're haggling over now is amounts. They will want this sorted quicker now than you as any investigation now is potentially going to cost them money.

Best
                        SnV

Comment

Thank you SnV. So I will not fill the income & expenditure form in, if the FOS send me a copy, and just send your letter?

Can I also ask you is it with calling P2P to see if they will agree a payment plan?

Comment

Many thanks SnV, I cannot thank you enough for your help on this.

Best wishes
                            Natty

Comment

Thank you SnV. So I will not fill the income & expenditure form in, if the FOS send me a copy, and just send your letter?
                              No fill nothing in, do nothing for a couple of days - let them stew on it and relax, have a glass of wine. I know you want to get this sorted, but you want to come across to LS as a cool character who is not going to be ruffled and bullied into a settlement.

Can I also ask you is it with calling P2P to see if they will agree a payment plan?
                              Do you mean telephone them? If so don't do that. You need to protect yourself, and the only way to do that effectively is keep everything in writing.

I'll help you put together an offer letter for P2P on Friday - try not to stress about this ok? You're doing really well and have this under control. This is a slow process and sometimes is about who blinks first (have a look at a few other threads in the PDL section). You'll see we always get a result one way or another, just sometimes you have to play 'the game'.

Comment

Thanks SnV, I am getting more stressed over the P2P loan, as I have read that people have sent letters to them and they do not respond. The nearer I get to the 30th I stress. I know that I have a contract that shows I have agreed to the terms of contract, so unsure if they will accept reduced payments. I am concerned over what tactics they will use To get their money.

Also although the FOS has advised that LS has sent them an income & expenditure form to fill in, they have not sent it to me. Do I ask the FOS to forward me this or just wait?
                                Last edited by Natty; 22 January 2015, 08:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X