GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

Such letters (or in this case emails) are quite normal if in arrears.

I would respond with something along the lines of:

Thank you for your email dated X, the content of which has been noted.

I am sure you are aware, that I have previously informed you have my financial situation.

I am still also awaiting a response to my complaint dated X, I am unable to offer any further information until such times as my concerns outlined in that complaint have been answered.

And stop worrying and stressing!! I know its not easy, but you are dealing with the issue, they are not - and basically creating a rod for their own backs.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Such letters (or in this case emails) are quite normal if in arrears.

I would respond with something along the lines of:

Thank you for your email dated X, the content of which has been noted.

I am sure you are aware, that I have previously informed you have my financial situation.

I am still also awaiting a response to my complaint dated X, I am unable to offer any further information until such times as my concerns outlined in that complaint have been answered.

And stop worrying and stressing!! I know its not easy, but you are dealing with the issue, they are not - and basically creating a rod for their own backs.
      Agreed - As it looks like you're not going to get much action from the FOS I would write (not email) Lendingstream again (send recorded delivery again). I'd also be a little more assertive, as you want to show them you're in control of the situation and adapt Oscars letter above (though bear in mind Oscar is a little more diplomatic than me )

<Start of Letter>

With ref to account numbers xxxxxx,xxxxx,xxxxxx etc

Dear Lendingstream

Thank you for your email dated xx/xx/xxxx the contents of which have been noted.

On xx/xx/xxxx I sent you a letter (sent recorded delivery, and with proof of delivery), which detailed a formal complaint with regard to the previously mentioned accounts.

The nature of my complaint places these accounts firmly in dispute. For your convenience, in the event that the letter of xx/xx/xxx has been misplaced, I attach a copy for your attention.

I am very disappointed to note that you have not even had the courtesy of acknowledging receipt of this letter, never mind the fact that you have failed to respond to this formal complaint as required to do so as a company regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

Instead, you have persisted in sending emails from what can only be considered an automated IT system, rather than addressing the matters and this behaviour by any standards could only be considered unreasonable.

Unless you choose to deal with the serious matters put to you as required, IN WRITING, I have nothing further to say on this matter, and your intransience and breach of regulatory requirements will be kept as evidence against you. I consequently put you under notice to provide, in writing, as required by the FCA, a full investigation, and response, into the matters of my complaint within the next 8 weeks.

If you cannot provide this then I will consider your lack of response as agreement that the above accounts are unenforeable due to the legislative failures identified and the matter closed.

Regards

Natty

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So you'd not suggest that the letter be passed to P2P's pet intellectual, who can actually read and write?
        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 25 February 2015, 12:21.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          That's fine, if they don't have any contact numbers then they can't ring! Just check your email address every now and then.
          Didn't Niddy set up an 0898 number for cases like this?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            What bullshit - online company or not they still have to follow the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act.
            Not to mention one or more of the various Companies Acts, wherein they are required to have a UK address for service.

Comment

Letter has now been sent 1st class recorded delivery.

I am feeling a lot more positive today! Thank goodness.

Thank you for all your help.

Comment

Great you feel positive x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  So you'd not suggest that the letter be passed to P2P's pet intellectual, who can actually read and write?
                  Thats making a big assumption that the person in the office who can do this is available and can fit the letter in to their "sit down for storytime" session just before their bedtime.

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Not to mention one or more of the various Companies Acts, wherein they are required to have a UK address for service.
                  They do have a 'UK Address' for 'serving papers' though its nothing more than a mail forwarding service. I'm amazed that this loophole hasn't been shut down yet.
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post
                    Letter has now been sent 1st class recorded delivery.

I am feeling a lot more positive today! Thank goodness.

Thank you for all your help.
                    Thats good to hear Natty.

Your letter now puts them on the back foot, regardless of what is happening with the FOS, as they have to respond.

If they do nothing they are in breach of the requirements of a company regulated by the FCA and that then gives you something to beat them up about, plus if they don't respond then in the highly unlikely event that they issued a claim it would look very bad on them as they would be in breach of pre-action protocol.

You need to do nothing now, and not worry about them, until you get a response to your formal complaint.

Best
                    SnV

Comment

Thanks SnV, They should receive my letter today.

Over the past two days I have received 2 emails and a text advising all payments are due on Friday, arrears and this months payment.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                        They do have a 'UK Address' for 'serving papers' though its nothing more than a mail forwarding service. I'm amazed that this loophole hasn't been shut down yet.
                        I agree, as that could mean the company has no assets in the UK against which a judgement debt incurred by the company could be enforced.

Comment

Just received this via text:

Your LENDINGSTREAM loan payments are now over 2 weeks late.Avoid added interest charges,fees and further damage to your credit rating!Pay now:

Comment

Just received this via text:

Your LENDINGSTREAM loan payments are now over 2 weeks late.Avoid added interest charges,fees and further damage to your credit rating!Pay now:
                            Ignore it Natty - its another automated thing

Comment

Thought as much! Just keeping you updated.

They should have received my letter yesterday, which as you know will be the 2nd recorded delivery.

Comment

Thought as much! Just keeping you updated.

They should have received my letter yesterday, which as you know will be the 2nd recorded delivery.
                                Yes, remember though that its just a forwarding address - so its not likely to get to their US office for another week or so. Important thing is that you can demonstrate that you sent letters to this office.

Comment

Working...
                                X