GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    One for Niddy - Is this permitted?
    This is what they have charged me so far

Late Fee, £20
    Letter Fee, £20
    Collection Fee, £20

Total: £60

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. Keep letter safe, see what Niddy has to say.
      Just sat down and worked out what Barclays have charged me since they used their "legal??" right of set off. By forcing me to use my personal reserve account for the last 18 months. £1034.00. I want it all back, with interest!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
        Doesn't surprise me. Keep letter safe, see what Niddy has to say.
        Just sat down and worked out what Barclays have charged me since they used their "legal??" right of set off. By forcing me to use my personal reserve account for the last 18 months. £1034.00. I want it all back, with interest!
        Hope you get it all back.

Comment

Just received this from Mr Lender.

SnV, your letter has not been sent out yet, I had intended to send it on Monday. Before you uploaded your letter, I just resent them the original email which they never acknowledged. Now this is their response. Like Quickquid they are saying that I am requesting they remove the debit card from my account. What I said to all PDL's In my original letter was my CPA was cancelled.
          It is not a request, but a statement.

Thank you for your reply.

You have requested that we remove the debit card held on your account ending in ).

As per the loan agreement you will remain liable for all sums due under the agreement and will need to pay the outstanding balance on this account using another payment method. Please provide an alternative payment method you will be using.

If you fail to make a payment on the due date for the agreed amount, your account will be placed in overdue status and we will charge you £20.00. If we have to write to you about your breach of agreement we will charge you £20.00 and if we have to serve you with a default notice we will charge you a fee of £20.00.

Your account will, at this point, be automatically entered into our collections cycle where you will be contacted on all numbers provided upon application using all other forms of contact including text message and email.

Your account will also continue to accrue interest at the agreed rate. We do suggest that you maintain an active debit card on file to avoid your account being placed into overdue status in the event of non payment.

Please confirm your mother’s maiden name and password on the account to agree to these terms.

Once we have received the information requested, we will remove the card from our system.

We will now make a note on your account that you wish to be contacted in writing only.

We are sorry to hear that you are struggling financially and would like to set up a repayment plan on your account enabling us to freeze the interest on your loan and allow you to repay the remaining balance in monthly instalments.

Please see attached an income and expenditure form, once this has been completed by yourself and returned to us we can then asses your position further and offer you a suitable repayment plan.

Jessica

Customer Services Manager

Direct Tel: 0208 532 5022

Web: www.mrlender.com

Last edited by cecilia; 14 September 2013, 13:06.

Comment

omg i dont think they can charge £20 to issue a default, is this an admin fee? id seriously think of replying and saying thank you, i charge £40 to receive emails and letters, lol that way they owe you money.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              omg i dont think they can charge £20 to issue a default, is this an admin fee? id seriously think of replying and saying thank you, i charge £40 to receive emails and letters, lol that way they owe you money.
              LOL, Damn right! SnV queried the same point, we are waiting to hear from Niddy on this one.

Did you read their credit agreements that I posted on Thursday?

This company is very dodgy.
              Last edited by cecilia; 14 September 2013, 14:12.

Comment

Just received this from Quick Quid, can someone tell me what this means, it is not clear?

Thank you for contacting us to pay your balance by cheque. Please be advised sending cheques will not cease collection activity, as paying via cheque does not secure any valid payment arrangements. The payment details and instructions are below.

PAYMENT DETAILS

- Date: dd/mm/yyyy
                - Payment Amount: £________

PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS

- Print and fill in the 'Amount Tendered' field of the payment stub below. We cannot accept payment without all of these details.
                - Post the banker's cheque (payable to QuickQuid) and the payment stub to the following address:

QuickQuid Collections
                PO Box 47
                Sheffield
                S98 1DR

If you have any queries, our Collections Department is here to help.

QuickQuid Collections Department
                Direct Line: 0808 234 4561
                Fax: 0808 101 1381
                Collections@QuickQuid.co.uk
                www.QuickQuid.co.uk

Call free from landlines. Mobile phone companies may charge up to 40p per minute.

Terms and Conditions apply. All loans are subject to status and affordability checks prior to approval. All applicants must be 18 or over.

QuickQuid is the trading name of CashEuroNetUK, LLC. CashEuroNetUK LLC is a Limited Liability Company incorporated in the United States. Head Office: 200 W. Jackson Blvd., 14th Floor, Chicago, IL USA. Correspondence Address: 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS. Consumer Credit Licence #: 603395.

Please detach and return the payment stub below with a banker's cheque before your due date to avoid additional fees. The address below is for payment processing only.
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                QuickQuid Collections
                PO Box 47
                Sheffield
                S98 1DR

Name:
                Account Number:
                Due Date:
                Amount Due: £
                Amount Tendered: £
                Loretta G
                Last edited by cecilia; 16 September 2013, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
                  Just received this from Quick Quid, can someone tell me what this means, it is not clear?
                  It means they are a bunch of numpties

They will only respond to you by way of templates. The problem you present them is that they don't have a template that fits the circumstances so they send you the one closest that fits the circumstances, even if it doesn't address the issues at hand.

Don't worry - this plays into your hands as you will be able to demonstrate that they haven't actually responded directly to your queries, but instead send you meaningless templates that do nothing. You then have an 'unfair relationship' argument if ever needed as you will be able to show that you tried to resolve things, however their responses did nothing except confuse the situation even more.

I'd ignore this one until they send the next collections email.

Best
                  SnV
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It means they are a bunch of numpties

They will only respond to you by way of templates. The problem you present them is that they don't have a template that fits the circumstances so they send you the one closest that fits the circumstances, even if it doesn't address the issues at hand.

Don't worry - this plays into your hands as you will be able to demonstrate that they haven't actually responded directly to your queries, but instead send you meaningless templates that do nothing. You then have an 'unfair relationship' argument if ever needed as you will be able to show that you tried to resolve things, however their responses did nothing except confuse the situation even more.

I'd ignore this one until they send the next collections email.

Best
                    SnV
                    Thanks SnV,

That helps, got confused as was wondering, either they are offering me a repayment plan or not, and in the same breath they say it does not secure valid payment arrangements, or cease collection activities.

Comment

Just received this from Mr Lender.

SnV, your letter has not been sent out yet, I had intended to send it on Monday. Before you uploaded your letter, I just resent them the original email which they never acknowledged. Now this is their response. Like Quickquid they are saying that I am requesting they remove the debit card from my account. What I said to all PDL's In my original letter was my CPA was cancelled.
                      It is not a request, but a statement.

You have requested that we remove the debit card held on your account ending in ).

As per the loan agreement you will remain liable for all sums due under the agreement and will need to pay the outstanding balance on this account using another payment method. Please provide an alternative payment method you will be using.

If you fail to make a payment on the due date for the agreed amount, your account will be placed in overdue status and we will charge you £20.00. If we have to write to you about your breach of agreement we will charge you £20.00 and if we have to serve you with a default notice we will charge you a fee of £20.00.

Your account will, at this point, be automatically entered into our collections cycle where you will be contacted on all numbers provided upon application using all other forms of contact including text message and email.

Your account will also continue to accrue interest at the agreed rate. We do suggest that you maintain an active debit card on file to avoid your account being placed into overdue status in the event of non payment.

Please confirm your mother’s maiden name and password on the account to agree to these terms.

Once we have received the information requested, we will remove the card from our system.

We will now make a note on your account that you wish to be contacted in writing only.

We are sorry to hear that you are struggling financially and would like to set up a repayment plan on your account enabling us to freeze the interest on your loan and allow you to repay the remaining balance in monthly instalments.

Please see attached an income and expenditure form, once this has been completed by yourself and returned to us we can then asses your position further and offer you a suitable repayment plan.

Jessica

Direct Tel: 0208 532 5022

Web: www.mrlender.com

SnV,

What sense do you make of this what terms am I agreeing to?

Comment

SnV,

What sense do you make of this what terms am I agreeing to?
                        I wouldn't respond this - I certainly would NOT provide your mothers maiden name to them in an email.

You have cancelled the CPA with the bank so don't need the lender to do anything.
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

I wouldn't respond this - I certainly would NOT provide your mothers maiden name to them in an email.

You have cancelled the CPA with the bank so don't need the lender to do anything.
                          Thanks SnV,

I can't remember whether my mothers maiden name was one of the security questions whenever I rang Mr Lender up. Anyway, it was not something that was needed when I logged onto their website. In my initial email to them, I had told them what I could afford. They are now asking for I&E, but the thing is the amount will not change, it will remain the same.

Comment

Thanks SnV,

I can't remember whether my mothers maiden name was one of the security questions whenever I rang Mr Lender up. Anyway, it was not something that was needed when I logged onto their website. In my initial email to them, I had told them what I could afford. They are now asking for I&E, but the thing is the amount will not change, it will remain the same.
                            So when you say they are now asking for I&E they have sent you another email?

Comment

So when you say they are now asking for I&E they have sent you another email?
                              Yes, SnV, it is in the last sentence of the email I got at the weekend. You must have missed that bit

You have requested that we remove the debit card held on your account ending in

Jessica

Comment

Yes, SnV, it is in the last sentence of the email I got at the weekend. You must have missed that bit

I did indeed. So theres a few things to consider here:

1) You are under no obligation to provide I&E details to a creditor and many recommend that you do not do so. However if you are looking for them to behave unreasonably (which they are likely to), and prevent them from painting you as a dirty debt dodger (which they will try to do), then there is some milage in providing them with I&E information as it gives them more rope to hang themselves when it comes to OFT guidelines and the Lending Code with which you can beat them over the heads with (especially should you take things to the FOS).

2) If you wish to provide I&E information then you must NOT use an I&E sheet provided by a creditor. I have seen far too many that 'omit' key expenditure resulting in a repayment plan that is unrealistic. If you want to put together an I&E sheet that uses the CFS format then you could do a lot worse than using this one here:

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/index.asp

3) So if you want to respond with I&E and a repayment plan offer then I would use the above. Make sure that you pad things out a little to give you some breathing space. And if you do respond I would just send another email, making no reference to agreement of charges, or mothers maiden name etc. That is just bollox and you don't want to go there.

Best
                                SnV

Comment

Working...
                                X