GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Happens often with many credit companies, they will hound you to ring days after you last spoke to someone, which is why we feel its harrassment and should only communicate in writing, sadly emails are another avenue they can exploit.

Id put their email address under spam if it was me.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
      Is it true that some of these companies, don't want it to go to court, as it exposes their practices and rates?

Thanks for your perspective on this.
      Only if they think you'll pit up a fight.....
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
        Maybe I should get in touch with Stella Creasy, think I would make a good case study, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
          Okay, as this was something that Salt and Vinegar had posted in another PDL thread

Don't worry - you'll see theres several people dealing with PDL companies, and once the initial hassle has been dealt with they tend to go quiet as theres little they can do as they don't want the risk of their agreements and interest rates being challenged in court.

Comment

Take action against legal loan sharks

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=00141d62f0

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Just popped so didn't want to read and run. Been away for work reasons for a little while but back now. I'll have a proper read of the thread later this evening, but all the advice you've had to now is just as good as anything else I'd say

I'm sure we'll knock most of these buggers back into touch. Don't respond to any emails for now - only encourages the parasites.

Best
              SnV
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                Hi Cecilia

Just popped so didn't want to read and run. Been away for work reasons for a little while but back now. I'll have a proper read of the thread later this evening, but all the advice you've had to now is just as good as anything else I'd say

I'm sure we'll knock most of these buggers back into touch. Don't respond to any emails for now - only encourages the parasites.

Best
                SnV
                Hi Salt and Vinegar,

Glad you are back around.

Have had good advice from everyone on here. I had responded to PaydayUK this morning before I saw your post, but won't respond to any others.

Have to write to Moneyshop and Speedloan as I only defaulted a few days ago, and have not informed them of my change of circumstances. They don't have email addresses on their information, and have left several phone messages for me. I will send those recorded, but if you think I should not, I will leave it.

Comment

Swift Sterling have just called me insisting that I call them today. They have also sent a text message. They will not communicate with me via email. They said if I don't get back to them today, and clear the debt, it will escalate to debt recovery.

Comment

Swift Sterling have just called me insisting that I call them today. They have also sent a text message. They will not communicate with me via email. They said if I don't get back to them today, and clear the debt, it will escalate to debt recovery.
                    Don't worry about ESCALATE means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                      Don't worry about ESCALATE means nothing.
                      It does mean something - they have passed it on to someone who sits nearer to the toilets......
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Just read elsewhere that Swift Sterling will not negotiate with people who are not with a DMP, Payplan or Stepchange, and some people have waited two months until it has gone to Debt collection.

I guess the same will apply with Pounds to Pocket who don't accept standing orders.

Comment

Just read elsewhere that Swift Sterling will not negotiate with people who are not with a DMP, Payplan or Stepchange, and some people have waited two months until it has gone to Debt collection.

I guess the same will apply with Pounds to Pocket who don't accept standing orders.
                          More fool them if that is the case - you can use this against them - same as P2P and SO's.

We will be using the way they flout the law, and all regulatory guidance under the sun to your advantage. Actually (although its a PITA) getting numerous phone calls actually helps you now due to some very recent court cases on how creditors and DCA's should conduct themselves.

You don't need to talk to them - just having a record that they have called (e.g. from phone logs) is enough. They won't be able to help themselves, and this is another thing we can use against them.

For now sit tight and relax if possible - theres no desperate urgency to get anything to them in the next 24/48 hours.

Best
                          SnV

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                            More fool them if that is the case - you can use this against them - same as P2P and SO's.

We will be using the way they flout the law, and all regulatory guidance under the sun to your advantage. Actually (although its a PITA) getting numerous phone calls actually helps you now due to some very recent court cases on how creditors and DCA's should conduct themselves.

You don't need to talk to them - just having a record that they have called (e.g. from phone logs) is enough. They won't be able to help themselves, and this is another thing we can use against them.

For now sit tight and relax if possible - theres no desperate urgency to get anything to them in the next 24/48 hours.

Best
                            SnV
                            I just love your attitude .I have a log of how many calls I have received daily. Will post them tonight.

Comment

Wonga may be celebrating but legal loan shark's profits come at a heavy cost to our country article by Stella Creasy

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/stel...890.html?ir=UK

Comment

I just love your attitude .I have a log of how many calls I have received daily. Will post them tonight.
                                If its a lot then the Roberts case may kick in

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post330732
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X