GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Thats very kind of you both but not really true as its all credit to Cecilia to have the courage to stand up and not be bullied by these companies. All we can do in the forum is use our experience to convey whats 'modus operandi' for these companies and how to respond. Its up to those who look for advice to then take that and have the confidence to respond with our suggestions.

What I'm grateful for is those who are prepared to share their experiences so this can be fed back to the OFT and other campaigners to demonstrate that the behavior we see on a regular basis here is not 'isolated incidences' but is, in fact, business as usual.

Fingers crossed for Cecilia though that we'll have all these companies on either payment arrangements or the back foot very soon.

Best
    SnV
    Thanks SnV,

I agree, the OFT, and campaigners like Stella Creasy need to be kept aware of what is going on, I am all for that. It looks like it is 3 down so far four more to go.

Comment

Ok so sounds like a result! Unless something has changed?

Absolutely, it is a result with Swiftsterling. Remember the last contact I had with them before I received the letter yesterday, was the phone call insisting I speak to them. Then we sent off your lovely letter.

Interested in how the letter was posted from Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
        Absolutely, it is a result with Swiftsterling. Remember the last contact I had with them before I received the letter yesterday, was the phone call insisting I speak to them. Then we sent off your lovely letter.

Interested in how the letter was posted from Canada.
        Excellent! So all thats left for you to do is set up the standing order and then send them notification that the payment is set up, tell them when it commences and thanking them for agreeing to your payment arrangement.

As for Canada - most of these companies are actually based in the US/Canada, but use UK 'office' addresses to register their businesses in the UK. I suspect the reason it took so long to get a reply is the UK office is most likely just a forwarding address.

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done so far. Looking good!

Thanks SnV - take the credit lol. You've been great helping, thanks buddy
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Excellent! So all thats left for you to do is set up the standing order and then send them notification that the payment is set up, tell them when it commences and thanking them for agreeing to your payment arrangement.

As for Canada - most of these companies are actually based in the US/Canada, but use UK 'office' addresses to register their businesses in the UK. I suspect the reason it took so long to get a reply is the UK office is most likely just a forwarding address.

Best
            SnV
            Will do SnV,

I am not sure whether sometimes their call centres are diverted,as sometimes staff had American or Canadian accents.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Well done so far. Looking good!

Thanks SnV - take the credit lol. You've been great helping, thanks buddy
              Long journey Niddy.

Comment

Speedloan(Part of Albermarle and Bond)
                Started approximately 2004 as cheque cashing, stopped cheque cashing a few months ago, and converted into a loan.
                Interest paid to Albermarle and Bond from 2004 to 2013 £16,320

Loan £800
                Owe £1120 including interest
                Default charges £112
                Monthly payments £112
                Last payment beginning July 2013
                Defaulted August 2013
                Received text from Speedloan 2nd September
                Wrote to Speedloan 4th September
                Received letter in the post from Speedloan 7th September rejecting my offer.
                Received letter in the post from Speedloan 18th September, asking me to contact them urgently, give bank account and debit card details,to set up direct debit.
                Received text message from Speedloan 26th September to discuss account
                Received default notice in the post from Speedloan 3rd October in normal post
                Wrote to Speedloan 10th October
                Received Notice of sum of arrears in the post from Speedloan 12th October in normal post
                Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my speedloan dated 19th October, received 23rd October
                Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my Speedloan dated 24th October received 28th October
                Wrote to Chantry collections 7th November
                Received Important notice from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 5th November received 9th November
                Received letter from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 8th November received 11th November
                Received letter in the post from Speedloan dated 13th November received 14th November

Received this letter today from Speedloan. Lynne Truss would pull her hair reading this letter.

Your complaint reference:

I am writing in response to your recent letter of complaint dated 6th November 2013.

You have advised that you are experiencing financial difficulty and feel that your repayment offer of £24 per month has not been accepted as repayment towards your Speedloan despite sending a financial statement Chantry collections Ltd.

I have checked with our collections team who have confirmed that your offer of £24 was rejected on a permanent basis because your financial statement has not been received. However you were advised in a letter sent to you 24th October 2013 that your offer was accepted as an interim payment and would be accepted on permanent basis going forward once your financial statement had been received.

Please accept my apologies any inconvenience but we do still require evidence of your finances and as such request that your please forward your financial statement to us in order for your offer of repayment to be accepted on a permanent basis. If you prefer, you can email this to me at :clair.westbury@albermarleandbondplc.com to ensure safe receipt. Once your financial statement has been received by at our office and your offer accepted, I will mark your complaint as closed and issue you with Final Response letter which is required by Financial Conduct Authority rules so that we can bring this matter to a close.

I hope this puts your mind at rest and you are satisfied with this outcome. If you would like to your're your complaint further , please let me know; you can phone me on 01924 203077.

Yours sincerely

Clair Westbury
                Compliance Officer

Speedloan Finance Ltd, 2 Burgage Square, Merchant Gate, Wakefield WF1 2TS

Comment

Pounds to Pocket

Started May 11, have reloaned with them several times.Paid off four loans.
                  May 11 loan £400
                  Interest £323.01
                  Reloaned September 11
                  loan £1200
                  Interest £987.41
                  Reloaned November 2011
                  Loan £1150
                  Interest £975.25
                  Reloaned October 2012
                  Loan £1150
                  Interest £1052.24
                  Last paid beginning August 2013
                  Defaulted August 2013

Received email from Pounds to Pocket 28th August
                  Sent email to Pounds to Pocket 28th August explaining circumstances and offering repayment plan.
                  Received email from Pounds to Pocket 29th August I&E
                  Sent email to Pounds to Pocket 30th August I&E
                  Received email from Pounds to Pocket 30th August
                  Defaulted August 2013

Received text from Pounds to Pocket 3rd September
                  Received email from Pounds to Pocket 18th Septemberpayment reminder
                  Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 21st September
                  Received email from Pounds to Pocket Notice of Default sums 25th September
                  Received email from Pounds to Pocket 26th September Notice of Arrears

Received text from Pounds to Pocket 26th September, to clear outstanding balance, before reported to credit bureau.
                  Received text from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October asking me to call 0800 to cure my outstanding balance before reported to credit bureau
                  Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October in the post

Received notice of Overdue payment from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October in the post
                  Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 12th October in the post
                  Received notice of default from Pounds to Pocket 16th October in the post
                  Received voicemail to call Pounds to Pocket on 0800 on 17th October
                  Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 23rd October
                  Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 26th October
                  Received notice of default sums Pounds to Pocket 31st October
                  Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 31st October
                  Received notice of acceleration Pounds to Pocket 2nd November

Received account severely past due letter in the post from Pounds to Pocket dated 10th November, received 14th November
                  Received this from Pounds to Pocket today

Account Number
                  Loan ID
                  Loan Amount :£1,146.66
                  Amount in Default :£1,478.55

Account Severely Past Due

AMOUNT IN DEFAULT:£1,478.55

TAKE NOTICE: Your account with Pounds to Picket is severely past due despite repeated requests for payments.

If we do not receive payment or a response from you with alternate arrangements within 7 days of the date you receive this email, your account may be transferred to a third party debt recover agency and subject to

. The sanctioning of a doorstep collections agent

PAYMENT OFFER: In order to avoid the above , Pounds to Pocket can offer you the following repayment plan:

Payment 1 £246.43 27th November 2013
                  Payment 2 £246.43 25th December 2013
                  Payment 3 £246.43 29th January 2014
                  Payment 4 £246.43 26th February 2014
                  Payment 5 £246.43 26th March 2014
                  Payment 6 246.43 30th April 2014

Please call our collections department to discuss this payment plan. If accepted collections activities will cease as long as payments are made accordingly.

To accept a monthly payment of £246.43 over the next 6 months call 08000163120 today!

Pay back your overdue balance today and you may benefit on future loans!
                  1.May qualify for higher loan amounts
                  2. Cash within 10 minutes of approval
                  3.Easy application

Sincerely

Cameron Wright Collections Manager

483 Green Lanes London N13 4BS

P.S- Did you know that most of our customers who paid back their loans on time are now eligible for additional loans?

Comment

Received this letter today from Speedloan. Lynne Truss would pull her hair reading this letter.

Your complaint reference:

I am writing in response to your recent letter of complaint dated 6th November 2013.

You have advised that you are experiencing financial difficulty and feel that your repayment offer of £24 per month has not been accepted as repayment towards your Speedloan despite sending a financial statement Chantry collections Ltd.

I have checked with our collections team who have confirmed that your offer of £24 was rejected on a permanent basis because your financial statement has not been received. However you were advised in a letter sent to you 24th October 2013 that your offer was accepted as an interim payment and would be accepted on permanent basis going forward once your financial statement had been received.

Please accept my apologies any inconvenience but we do still require evidence of your finances and as such request that your please forward your financial statement to us in order for your offer of repayment to be accepted on a permanent basis. If you prefer, you can email this to me at :clair.westbury@albermarleandbondplc.com to ensure safe receipt. Once your financial statement has been received by at our office and your offer accepted, I will mark your complaint as closed and issue you with Final Response letter which is required by Financial Conduct Authority rules so that we can bring this matter to a close.

I hope this puts your mind at rest and you are satisfied with this outcome. If you would like to your're your complaint further , please let me know; you can phone me on 01924 203077.

Yours sincerely

Clair Westbury
                    Compliance Officer

Speedloan Finance Ltd, 2 Burgage Square, Merchant Gate, Wakefield WF1 2TS
                    Hi Cecelia

When you sent them your I&E forms did you send them via recorded delivery? If so do you still have the tracking numbers?

SnV
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Cecelia

When you sent them your I&E forms did you send them via recorded delivery? If so do you still have the tracking numbers?

SnV

Hi SnV,

I sent everything recorded delivery. I have the tracking numbers somewhere, must look for them this weekend.

Comment

Speedloan(Part of Albermarle and Bond)
                        Started approximately 2004 as cheque cashing, stopped cheque cashing a few months ago, and converted into a loan.
                        Interest paid to Albermarle and Bond from 2004 to 2013 £16,320

Loan £800
                        Owe £1120 including interest
                        Default charges £112
                        Monthly payments £112
                        Last payment beginning July 2013
                        Defaulted August 2013
                        Received text from Speedloan 2nd September
                        Wrote to Speedloan 4th September
                        Received letter in the post from Speedloan 7th September rejecting my offer.
                        Received letter in the post from Speedloan 18th September, asking me to contact them urgently, give bank account and debit card details,to set up direct debit.
                        Received text message from Speedloan 26th September to discuss account
                        Received default notice in the post from Speedloan 3rd October in normal post
                        Wrote to Speedloan 10th October
                        Received Notice of sum of arrears in the post from Speedloan 12th October in normal post
                        Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my speedloan dated 19th October, received 23rd October
                        Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my Speedloan dated 24th October received 28th October
                        Wrote to Chantry collections 7th November
                        Received Important notice from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 5th November received 9th November
                        Received letter from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 8th November received 11th November
                        Received letter in the post from Speedloan dated 13th November received 14th November
                        Received call from Clair Westbury at Speedloan 19th November asking me to send my I&E to put this matter to a close.
                        Received call from Clair Westbury at Speedloan 20th November asking me to send my I&E to put this matter to a close.
                        Resent to I&E to Speedloan 21st November.
                        Received letter from Speedloan 23rd November dated 22nd November.

Got this letter from Clair Westbury at Speedloan today, she called me on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

Your complaint reference

Thank you for your letter dated 15th November which included your listed expenditure.

Unfortunately the information you have provided is insufficient for your offer of £24 a month to be accepted on a permanent basis.Specifically, you have not listed your individual creditor balances and your subsequent repayments to them. This information is part of the common financial statement.

As there is no standard template for a CFS, I have enclosed our form for you to complete and return. However if you would prefer to list your creditors, the outstanding balances owed and subsequent pament offers to them in a letter, then please feel free to do so. Please could you also clarify your expenditure for professional registration requirement of £267.50 is an annual or pro rata payment. I have attached a stamped address envelope to prevent any further costs to you. Alternatively you can email me at clair.westbury@albermarle.bond.com

As I advised in previous correspondence , once this information has been received at our office and your offer offer accepted, I will mark your complaintas closed and issue you with Final response letter which is required by the Financial Conduct Authority rules so that we can bring this matte to a close.

Yours sincerely

Clair Westbury

Speedloan 2nd Floor, 2 Burgage Square, Merchant gate, Wakefiled, WF12TS

The I&E form asks for Name, D.O.B, NI number , Home tel, Work tel, Mobile tel, Email, Employer name, Employer address,Occupation

Salary, Rent, Council tax, Electric, Water, Phone, Internet, TV licence, Clothing, Food, Credit card(payments per month, and repayment proposals ), Other ,

Payment Frequency

Comment

Got this letter from Clair Westbury at Speedloan today, she called me on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

Your complaint reference

Thank you for your letter dated 15th November which included your listed expenditure.

Unfortunately the information you have provided is insufficient for your offer of £24 a month to be accepted on a permanent basis.Specifically, you have not listed your individual creditor balances and your subsequent repayments to them. This information is part of the common financial statement.

As there is no standard template for a CFS, I have enclosed our form for you to complete and return. However if you would prefer to list your creditors, the outstanding balances owed and subsequent pament offers to them in a letter, then please feel free to do so. Please could you also clarify your expenditure for professional registration requirement of £267.50 is an annual or pro rata payment. I have attached a stamped address envelope to prevent any further costs to you. Alternatively you can email me at clair.westbury@albermarle.bond.com

As I advised in previous correspondence , once this information has been received at our office and your offer offer accepted, I will mark your complaintas closed and issue you with Final response letter which is required by the Financial Conduct Authority rules so that we can bring this matte to a close.

Yours sincerely

Clair Westbury

Speedloan 2nd Floor, 2 Burgage Square, Merchant gate, Wakefiled, WF12TS

The I&E form asks for Name, D.O.B, NI number , Home tel, Work tel, Mobile tel, Email, Employer name, Employer address,Occupation

Salary, Rent, Council tax, Electric, Water, Phone, Internet, TV licence, Clothing, Food, Credit card(payments per month, and repayment proposals ), Other ,

Payment Frequency
                          Hi Cecilia

Did the I/E you send them have your other creditor information in? No matter if it didn't, just need to think how to phrase your next response.

What isn't going to change is how to respond to Clairs claim that there is no standard template for the CFS - of course there is thats the whole bloody point!!!!

Unfortunately (for her) we'll have to educate her on this point.

The I/E that that have sent you is exceptionally light on detail, and intentionally so. Putting aside the fact you don't actually need to provide them with anything, they have no right at all to be asking for things like your NI number or contact details of your employer. This will just give them information to allow them to harass you further.

Don't speak to Clair on the phone - unless anything drastically changes you'll be sending them one final letter and then complaints will be going off to the regulatory authorities.

Best

SnV

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Did the I/E you send them have your other creditor information in? No matter if it didn't, just need to think how to phrase your next response.

What isn't going to change is how to respond to Clairs claim that there is no standard template for the CFS - of course there is thats the whole bloody point!!!!

Unfortunately (for her) we'll have to educate her on this point.

The I/E that that have sent you is exceptionally light on detail, and intentionally so. Putting aside the fact you don't actually need to provide them with anything, they have no right at all to be asking for things like your NI number or contact details of your employer. This will just give them information to allow them to harass you further.

Don't speak to Clair on the phone - unless anything drastically changes you'll be sending them one final letter and then complaints will be going off to the regulatory authorities.

Best

SnV
                            Thanks SnV,

The I&E I sent them I listed my Rent,Council tax,Utility bills,Mobile phone, Food, Housekeeping,Travel,Professional Registration.

I had a sectionn that was for Loans and credit card agreements, as one lump sum and did not list them individually. This is what I had submitted to all the other PDL's, and as you know three have accepted it so far. Noone has come back asking me to list my creditors individually. I know they all work differently, but don't feel they have a right to know who else I owe money to. I was not aware that I did not need to actually provide them with anything, that is good to know.

I am up for educating Clair I am sure she will be calling me this week, but she will be wasting her time, as I won't talk to her.

Comment

Pounds to Pocket

Started May 11, have reloaned with them several times.Paid off four loans.
                              May 11 loan £400
                              Interest £323.01
                              Reloaned September 11
                              loan £1200
                              Interest £987.41
                              Reloaned November 2011
                              Loan £1150
                              Interest £975.25
                              Reloaned October 2012
                              Loan £1150
                              Interest £1052.24
                              Defaulted August 2013

Received email from Pounds to Pocket 28th August
                              Sent email to Pounds to Pocket 28th August explaining circumstances and offering repayment plan.
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket 29th August I&E
                              Sent email to Pounds to Pocket 30th August I&E
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket 30th August
                              Defaulted August 2013

Received text from Pounds to Pocket 3rd September
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket 18th Septemberpayment reminder
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 21st September
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket Notice of Default sums 25th September
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket 26th September Notice of Arrears

Received text from Pounds to Pocket 26th September, to clear outstanding balance, before reported to credit bureau.
                              Received text from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October asking me to call 0800 to cure my outstanding balance before reported to credit bureau
                              Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October in the post

Received notice of Overdue payment from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October in the post
                              Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 12th October in the post
                              Received notice of default from Pounds to Pocket 16th October in the post
                              Received voicemail to call Pounds to Pocket on 0800 on 17th October
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 23rd October
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 26th October
                              Received notice of default sums Pounds to Pocket 31st October
                              Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 31st October
                              Received notice of acceleration Pounds to Pocket 2nd November

Received account severely past due letter in the post from Pounds to Pocket dated 10th November, received 14th November
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket 20th November Payment reminder
                              Received email from Pounds to Pocket 23rd November Payment reminder

Received final notice impending account sale from Pounds to Pocket 29th November dated 24th November
                              Received this from Pounds to Pocket yesterday

Account No
                              Loan ID
                              Funding date 6th July 2013
                              Amount in Default £1,478.55

Final notice Impending Account Sale

Amount in Default: £1,1478.55

Take Notice: Despite repeated requests for payments, the balance above is still outstanding. If we do not receive payment or a response from you with alternate arrangements within 5 days from the date of this notice, your account will be transferred to a third party debt recovery agency.

The firm which your debt will be sold to may utilize a variety of methods to settle the account, These methods are not limited to the following:

1. The sanctioning of a doorstep collections agent.
                              2. The issuance of a claim against you in a local court.

Payment offer: In order to avoid the above, Pounds to Pocket can offer you a settlement of 25% off your outstanding balance if you pay of the remaining balance in full within 5 days, or enter into the following repayment plan:

Payment 1 £369.64 25th December 2013
                              Payment 2 £369.64 29th January 2014
                              Payment 3 £369.94 26th February 2014

Please call our collections department to accept this payment plan. Once accepted, collection activities will cease as long as payments are made accordingly.

Sincerely

Pete Ng, Final Resolution Team Manager

Your account will be sold on 7 December 2013

To accept a monthly payment plan of £369.64 over the next 3 months call 08000163145 today!

Pounds to Pocket 483 Green lanes London N13 4BS

Comment

Thanks SnV,

The I&E I sent them I listed my Rent,Council tax,Utility bills,Mobile phone, Food, Housekeeping,Travel,Professional Registration.

I had a sectionn that was for Loans and credit card agreements, as one lump sum and did not list them individually. This is what I had submitted to all the other PDL's, and as you know three have accepted it so far. Noone has come back asking me to list my creditors individually. I know they all work differently, but don't feel they have a right to know who else I owe money to. I was not aware that I did not need to actually provide them with anything, that is good to know.

I am up for educating Clair I am sure she will be calling me this week, but she will be wasting her time, as I won't talk to her.
                                Hi Cecilia

Sorry I've not been around much the last week - work has been crazy busy (as is always the case this time of year) so have hardly had chance to read posts never mind respond.

So lets be clear on an important point - you are under NO legal obligation to supply ANY information to a creditor, whether that be personal info, I&E info, contact information.

However - it helps your case if you provide some information in the rare occasions that these things wind up in court. If you can show that you have done everything you can to be reasonable, and then the creditor has done nothing to comply with pre-action protocols, it makes it much harder for them when it comes to a question of awarding costs................

So question is this - what information are you 'happy' to supply. Being blunt - providing creditor information (and balances) is nothing that a creditor cannot get should they do a soft search on your credit file so personally this wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

However I would NEVER under ANY circumstances provide information like NI numbers, telephone numbers etc - they have no need for these to make a decision (especially NI number!)

I would also never use an I&E sheet supplied by a creditor - as seen from above the information they ask for is usually very limited hence they will arrive at a higher payment then what you can actually afford.

When I made payment proposals I provided information of all my creditors, the balances, and the total debts and the pro-rata payments offered to them. If (when) they were consequently rejected it placed them firmly in the unfair business practices regarded by the OFT and places the account firmly in dispute. You can then ignore further correspondence unless it gets serious.

Its totally up to what you feel comfortable with, just be mindful that not supplying that information gives this lot a card when they are holding a very weak hand.

Best
                                SnV

Comment

Working...
                                X