GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
    Thanks I am aware they have no rights, and I know I have made an assumption, but have no idea who this person was, clearly not someone I know. I have voice recording on my phone, so will keep that to hand.As you say the companies are not known for illegal behaviour, but it does not stop them trying it. I can tell you this, I will complain to the FOS, if any of them try illegal behaviour. I have no problem with that whatsoever. Posting my diary on here was not easy, and I am still reeling from when you asked me to work out how much interest I had paid over the years.
    Good stuff - keep that phone handy and record any future visits. Theres plenty of us on this forum that would love to get a recording of a doorstep visit and any evidence of unlawful behaviour.

I know its not easy getting things down in black and white, buts its the first important step so you should pat yourself on the back and pour yourself a glass of wine for getting that done.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Good stuff - keep that phone handy and record any future visits. Theres plenty of us on this forum that would love to get a recording of a doorstep visit and any evidence of unlawful behaviour.

I know its not easy getting things down in black and white, buts its the first important step so you should pat yourself on the back and pour yourself a glass of wine for getting that done.
      I have a feeling I am going to provide you all with evidence of unreasonable behaviour.

Don't drink Snv but had lots of chocolate yesterday to compensate

Comment

Just had an automated message on my voicemail to call QQ important message 0808 number, guess it is a DC or Quick Quid.

Comment

Just had an automated message on my voicemail to call QQ important message 0808 number, guess it is a DC or Quick Quid.
          Fine - its not like you're going to call them back

Can you also edit your QQ post with a one liner something like:

10/9/2013 - VM left by Quickquid about an urgent matter asking me to call them on 0808 blah blah

That way you have a one page summary of the history of the account. Really helps having to go through the entire thread
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Done

Comment

Some of the PDL's(Mr Lender,Quickquid) have ignored the Initial email I sent them,stating my circumstances had changed. They are continuing to call. As you all know I am not talking to them, but picking up my voicemail. As they have not acknowledged the initial letter, I can't send them a letter stating they have refused my offer. I know Quickquid received the email, as I got one of those automatic messages saying email had been received, and they would get back to me.

Do I continue to ignore the calls?

Or do I send another email?
              Last edited by cecilia; 11 September 2013, 16:46.

Comment

Some of the PDL's(Mr Lender,Quickquid) have ignored the Initial email I sent them,stating my circumstances had changed. They are continuing to call. As you all know I am not talking to them, but picking up my voicemail. As they have not acknowledged the initial letter, I can't send them a letter stating they have refused my offer. I know Quickquid received the email, as I got one of those automatic messages saying email had been received, and they would get back to me.

Do I continue to ignore the calls?

Or do I send another email?
                Hi Cecilia

Its up to you if you want to ignore the calls or not. Even if you do answer the calls, simply refuse to answer security questions. Most important thing is to log date/time/number of all calls you've received, and also any voicemails and what was said.

If you want to send them an email use the following template requesting they cease calling you:

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...t-by-telephone

Best
                SnV

Comment

As they have not acknowledged the initial letter, I can't send them a letter stating they have refused my offer.
                  Hi Cecilia - the fact they have refused to acknowledge at all is enough.

They ignore you but instead bombard you with calls/texts = harassment.

SnV

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Its up to you if you want to ignore the calls or not. Even if you do answer the calls, simply refuse to answer security questions. Most important thing is to log date/time/number of all calls you've received, and also any voicemails and what was said.

If you want to send them an email use the following template requesting they cease calling you:

Best
                    SnV
                    I don't answer any calls, but check my voicemails. Thanks for the Template.

Comment

Hi Cecilia - the fact they have refused to acknowledge at all is enough.

They ignore you but instead bombard you with calls/texts = harassment.

SnV
                      You mentioned before you knew people who had PDL's with Mr Lender, what was the outcome?

Comment

Guardian online debate tomorrow from 12pm, on what councils should do about Paydaylenders

http://www.theguardian.com/local-gov...ers?CMP=twt_gu

Comment

You mentioned before you knew people who had PDL's with Mr Lender, what was the outcome?
                          I haven't seen one of these go to court - yet (there is always a first).

Is it possible for you to publish details of the credit agreement (removing personal details). Or alternatively send to Niddy?

I have seen Consumer Credit Agreements from this company that would put them in hot water should they get to court, just on the basis of unfair provisions (charging to send out a default notice, stating that the balance due would still be payable upon the event of your death!!).

If your agreement has such provisions in then we can challenge this should it be necessary.

Their common tactic is to significantly increase the balance and then sell the account to a DCA. However their greed generally gets the better of them in these circumstances as they tend to then make mistakes such as applying interest unlawfully (they do not like giving breakdowns of interest/charges as this is where they get caught out).

So what was the outcome? All of these points were challenged with the DCA's who then backed down.

But each case and circumstance are different, and with PDL companies coming under scrutiny this works both for and against you. Those that want to stay in business will start to comply and behave reasonably, those that are looking to make a quick buck will not care less until they are shut down.

What you need to do is stop trying to pre-empt these companies, they are a complete shambles, and 2 people with almost exactly the same circumstances can have completely different experiences, despite taking the same approaches.

Comment

I don't answer any calls, but check my voicemails. Thanks for the Template.
                            Thats good - just make sure that you make logs of all calls and voicemails left. If you can - record them on your PC so you have a record of them. If not then take a transcript of what was said exactly.

What you're doing here is building up evidence as to their conduct of harassment - you need to ensure that your record keeping is better than theirs and that you can demonstrate unreasonable conduct on their part.

I have lost count of the number of people I would have been able to help more had they kept records of the communication between them and the PDL companies.

Best
                            SnV

Comment

saw this to-day

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24045572

and I thought of you

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Best
                                SnV
                                Sent the letter to Mr Lender yesterday, and this was the response I got this morning! Note they don't acknowledge the initial email I sent them, and are still mentioning talking to me,

Thank you for your email.

We would like to apologise if you feel we have been attempting to contact you excessively. We do have strict procedures in place when contacting our customers and can assure you that by no means could this be construed as harassment.
                                We do need to maintain communication with you regarding your account and this will be between 8:00am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday either by phone or via email.
                                The reason we have attempted to contact you is because our advisors would like to assist you, your account is accumulating late fees due to non payment.
                                We would like to freeze the account and set up a Repayment Plan however, we need to discuss this with you.
                                Please contact us as soon as possible to arrange repayment.
                                Jessica
                                Customer Services Manager

Direct Tel: 0208 532 5022
                                Web: www.mrlender.com

Comment

Working...
                                X