GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Its our american friends CasheuronetUK LLC again (but based in Chicago), who don't seem to understand that they are operating in the UK.

We were close to having them by the short and curlies, I think they've just handed Cecilia another ace to add to the pack of cards
    Go get em, SnV,

It is so easy to get confused with all the Terminology in these letters, and emails.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
      Speedloan(Part of Albermarle and Bond)
      Started approximately 2004 as cheque cashing, stopped cheque cashing a few months ago, and converted into a loan.
      Interest paid to Albermarle and Bond from 2004 to 2013 £16,320

Loan £800
      Owe £1120 including interest
      Default charges £112
      Monthly payments £112
      Last payment beginning July 2013
      Defaulted August 2013
      Received text from Speedloan 2nd September
      Wrote to Speedloan 4th September
      Received letter in the post from Speedloan 7th September rejecting my offer.
      Received letter in the post from Speedloan 18th September, asking me to contact them urgently, give bank account and debit card details,to set up direct debit.
      Received text message from Speedloan 26th September to discuss account
      Received default notice in the post from Speedloan 3rd October in normal post
      Wrote to Speedloan 10th October
      Received Notice of sum of arrears in the post from Speedloan 12th October in normal post
      Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my speedloan dated 19th October, received 23rd October
      Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my Speedloan dated 24th October received 28th October
      Wrote to Chantry collections 7th November
      Received Important notice from Chantry collections re my Speedloan dated 5th November received 9th November

Received this letter from Chantry collections today. Note it is dated the 5th November, but received on the 9th November. So, they sent this out before I had sent my letter on the 7th November.

Chantry Collections Limited

Our client:Speedloan Finance Ltd
      Our reference:
      Balance:£1,130

IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

We are disappointed that we have been unable to resolve the above matter amicably. We advised in our previous letter that if your account was addressed, we may take futher action.

Please note your balance will continue to increase as Late payment interest is being accrued as per the contract you signed with Speedloan, this could potentially stop by calling us. If there is any reason why payment should be withheld, please let us know, as it is in your best interests to do so. It is not too late to do something to resolve this matter.

You can stop any potential further action by contacting us on 08444480522, it is your choice. By not calling us you are choosing to leave us with no alternative other than to:

1. Organise for one of our agents to visit your property.
      2. Our Legal Team may issue a claim against you in the County Court.

If we are successful in obtaining judgment (CCJ) we can take the following action:

Warrant of Execution-Instruct Bailiff to seize your assets to the value of the debt.
      Attachment of Earnings-Request that your current or future employer pay the judgement debt directly from your salary.

(All cost/expenses incurred will be added to your balance)

Please do not ignore this letter, by talking to us we can resolve this matter amicably.

Yours sincerely

Clair Westbury
      Pre Litigation Department

P.O.Box 35 Wakefield WF1 1YN T 08444480520

Comment

Perfect - you have them already through their poor letter........

Received this letter from Chantry collections today. Note it is dated the 5th November, but received on the 9th November. So, they sent this out before I had sent my letter on the 7th November.

Chantry Collections Limited

You can stop any potential further action by contacting us on 08444480522, it is your choice. By not calling us you are choosing to leave us with no alternative other than to:

1. Organise for one of our agents to visit your property.
        This puts them in breach of OFT guidelines - once you have made a payment offer (which they have rejected), then this places the account in 'deadlock'. The OFT consider the threat of doorstep collection an oppressive or unfair business practice in this situation.

If we are successful in obtaining judgment (CCJ) we can take the following action:

Warrant of Execution-Instruct Bailiff to seize your assets to the value of the debt.
        Attachment of Earnings-Request that your current or future employer pay the judgement debt directly from your salary.

(All cost/expenses incurred will be added to your balance)
        They are misrepresenting the legal position here - something the OFT will take a dim view of as will the courts themselves. They are implying that they can just go ahead and do those things when they cannot. They would have to make a further application to the courts, and would only be granted if you were in arrears with the CCJ payments.

Lets see if they respond to your latest letter as they have crossed in the post and then we can take it from there.

However they are already digging a hole here for themselves which we can take advantage of

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Speedloan(Part of Albermarle and Bond)
          Started approximately 2004 as cheque cashing, stopped cheque cashing a few months ago, and converted into a loan.
          Interest paid to Albermarle and Bond from 2004 to 2013 £16,320

Loan £800
          Owe £1120 including interest
          Default charges £112
          Monthly payments £112
          Last payment beginning July 2013
          Defaulted August 2013
          Received text from Speedloan 2nd September
          Wrote to Speedloan 4th September
          Received letter in the post from Speedloan 7th September rejecting my offer.
          Received letter in the post from Speedloan 18th September, asking me to contact them urgently, give bank account and debit card details,to set up direct debit.
          Received text message from Speedloan 26th September to discuss account
          Received default notice in the post from Speedloan 3rd October in normal post
          Wrote to Speedloan 10th October
          Received Notice of sum of arrears in the post from Speedloan 12th October in normal post
          Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my speedloan dated 19th October, received 23rd October
          Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my Speedloan dated 24th October received 28th October
          Wrote to Chantry collections 7th November
          Received Important notice from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 5th November received 9th November
          Received letter from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 8th November received 11th November

Received this letter fron Chantry collections today, dated 8th November.

Chantry Collection Limited

Your complaint reference:

Thank you for your recent complaint, which has been logged under the reference number shown above. Please quote this reference number in any future correspondence or if you contact us in connection with your complaint.

We are investigating your complaint and we will be in touch with you shortly about this. I have enclosed details of our complaints procedures, these give you more information about how we will investigate your complaint and how quickly we aim to complete this.

In the meantime , thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Yours sincerely Chantry collections

P.O.Box 35, Wakefiled WF1 1YN T:08444480520

Albermarle and Bond Holding PLC

Albermarle and Bond Group Complaints Process

This document sets out how we respond to complaints about our products and services.
          This process applies to complaints received by the following companies:

Albermarle and Bond Jewellers and Pawnbrokers Ltd
          Herber Brown and Son Ltd
          Chantry Collections Ltd
          Speedloan Finance Ltd

You can register a complaint with us

In person just visit any one of our branches
          By telephone call 01924841800
          By post write to the complaints team, 2 Burgage square, Merchant gate, Wakefield WF! 2TS
          By email send to complaints@albermarlebondplc.com

We will try to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day after the day we receive it. We will look into the cause of your complaint and we will discuss how we propose to resolve this with you. Where you agree, we will mark your complaint as closed.

If we cannot resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day after we receive it we will send you an acknowledgment to let you know that we are dealing with this. Our acknowledgment will include a reference number if you need to contact us about your complaint.

We aim to resolve all complaints with eight week. During this period, we may contact you about your complaint and invite you to provide more information if this is relevant. When we have completed our investigation, we will send you a Final response which sets out our investigation and our conclusion. In this letter we will tell you if we have upheld your complaint or not.

If you agree with our conclusion, we will mark your complaint as closed. If your complaint is subject to the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service(FOS) we will tell you this and provide you with a leaflet that includes contact details for FOS. You will then be able to contact FOS if you are unhappy with the way we have investigated your complaint and you wish to take this further.

If we cannot resolve your complaint within eight weeks, we wil write to you to tell you when we expect to be able to do this. If your complaint is subject o FOS jurisdiction, we will tell this and give you a leaflet that contains FOS details so you can contact them if you are unhappy with the way we have investigated your complaint and you wish to take this further.

If you wish to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at any time, you can do this at South Quay Plaza, London Wall, London E149SR. Tel 0845 0800 1800.

Albermarle and Bond, 2 Burgage Square, Merchant Gate, Wakefield WF12TS

Comment

Received this letter fron Chantry collections today, dated 8th November.

Chantry Collection Limited

Your complaint reference:

Thank you for your recent complaint, which has been logged under the reference number shown above. Please quote this reference number in any future correspondence or if you contact us in connection with your complaint.

We are investigating your complaint and we will be in touch with you shortly about this. I have enclosed details of our complaints procedures, these give you more information about how we will investigate your complaint and how quickly we aim to complete this.

Ok so lets see what the next letter says (probably that they are investigating and will respond within 8 weeks blah blah). Ball is in their court atm.

Best
            SnV
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Swift Sterling

Started Dec 2011
              Reloan 23 times till July 2013
              Loan amounts from £200 to £810 over the years
              Interest £4315.73
              Owed £1095.64 includes interest
              Default charges £226.94
              Last paid beginning August
              Defaulted August 2013

Received email and text message from Swift Sterling 29th August
              Sent email to Swift Sterling 29th August explaining circumstances and offering repayment plan
              Received Voicemail from Swift Sterling 30th August
              Received voicemail from Swift Sterling 3rd September
              Received text from Swift Sterling 3rd September

Received email from Swift Sterling 6th September
              Sent email to Swift Sterling 9th September
              Received letter from Northway Financial in the post dated 7th November, received 12th November
              Received this letter in the post today from Northway Financial regarding my Swiftsterling loan, dated 7th November.Taken them two months to respond. Guess what, it was posted from Canada! Looks like they want some money to start going in before Christmas.

Loan reference Number:
              Loan Repayment Date:
              Current Balance £1322.28

We are in receipt of your correspondence dated September 9 2013. Your email dated August 29 2013, was not forwarded to the correct department in a timely manner. Please be advised that as a result of your current financial difficulty we have ceased all collection activities and all communication by telephone. We have included copies of our loan agreements for you to understand the terms of your loans.

Our records indicate that your loan with reference numberxxx you were debited for the amount of £226.64 on July 25th 2013, and then made a payment of £1036.64 on July 31, 2013. This second payment represented the entire amount that was due on your account. We had sent a reimbursement to your bank in the amount of £226.64 on July 31 2013, but your bank then returned the initial debit , leaving a current outstanding balance on this loan in the amount of £226.64. No payments have yet been received for your loan with reference number xxx. We hope this clears up any confusion regarding your current balance with our company.

Until your financial situation improves, we are willing to remove the £59 default fee applied to your account. We are prepared to accept your offer of £40 ,monthly payments until £1263.28 of your remaining outstanding balance of £1322.28 is satisfied. Please be advised that no interest or extra fees will be added to this account. Once payment has been received, we will consider this account paid in full with no further obligation. If at any time you would like to increase your payment please feel free to do so.

Payments can be made via Faster Payment, and we have included the payment information below for your reference. Alternatively you may send your payment to the Northway Financial Corporation Ltd address listed below

Faster Payment Scheme

Account Name :Northway Financial Corporation
              Sort Code 300009
              Account number 00647610
              Reference

Should you have any further queries please feel free to contact our office with the information provided below.

Sincerely

Customer support Department
              Email: supportresponse@swiftsterling.co.uk
              Fax 08004715229

Northway Financial Corporation Ltd
              (Credit Granting Institution)
              Level 5, Plaza commercial Centre Bisazza Street, Sliema SLM 1640, Malta Europe
              Swiftsterling.co.uk is a trading name of Northway Broker Ltd only offers products from Northway Financial Corporation Ltd
              Last edited by cecilia; 12 November 2013, 19:32.

Comment

We were close to having them by the short and curlies, I think they've just handed Cecilia another ace to add to the pack of cards

Well done on all your work so far SnV, you're a star
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                  Absolutely If, SnV, and this forum have enabled me to keep going, without burying my head in the sand. It has not been easy with the bombardment of letters,calls, emails, threats etc, but I know realise there may be a light at the end of a tunnel.

Comment

Absolutely If, SnV, and this forum have enabled me to keep going, without burying my head in the sand. It has not been easy with the bombardment of letters,calls, emails, threats etc, but I know realise there may be a light at the end of a tunnel.
                    I'm so pleased cecilia, knowledge is power isn't it!!
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

It's good to see how far you have progressed from your early fear.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                        It's good to see how far you have progressed from your early fear.
                        It has had an impact, got sick with stress a few weeks ago.

Comment

Received this letter in the post today from Northway Financial regarding my Swiftsterling loan, dated 7th November.Taken them two months to respond. Guess what, it was posted from Canada! Looks like they want some money to start going in before Christmas.

Until your financial situation improves, we are willing to remove the £59 default fee applied to your account. We are prepared to accept your offer of £40 ,monthly payments until £1263.28 of your remaining outstanding balance of £1322.28 is satisfied.
                          Hi Cecilia

So was this the payment proposal you made to them?

SnV

Comment

Hi Cecilia

So was this the payment proposal you made to them?

SnV
                            Yes, I made that proposal to them SnV.

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                              Thats very kind of you both but not really true as its all credit to Cecilia to have the courage to stand up and not be bullied by these companies. All we can do in the forum is use our experience to convey whats 'modus operandi' for these companies and how to respond. Its up to those who look for advice to then take that and have the confidence to respond with our suggestions.

What I'm grateful for is those who are prepared to share their experiences so this can be fed back to the OFT and other campaigners to demonstrate that the behavior we see on a regular basis here is not 'isolated incidences' but is, in fact, business as usual.

Fingers crossed for Cecilia though that we'll have all these companies on either payment arrangements or the back foot very soon.

Best
                              SnV

Comment

Yes, I made that proposal to them SnV.
                                Ok so sounds like a result! Unless something has changed?

Comment

Working...
                                X