GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

I already told you via PM that guests cannot read posts like you think. Try it. Log out and try reading threads - see what happens!!!

Youre safe. So what if they read it. They'll then realise you're gonna kick their arse and they'll start playing nicely. Stop worrying will you. You are in safe hands.

Likewise I also said to forget about that caller. You don't know who it was or who they represented do forget it. Move on. Pointless guessing and going over old ground.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

I logged out, a few seconds ago, typed in the forum address, and have no problem reading this thread.

I also am able to read your forum from my phone, and I never log in on that. What I am aware of when I am not logged in, is there is a limit to the number of pages I can read, and eventually get a pop up saying I have to log in if I want to read more.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
        Received this from Swift Sterling today, charges have been added.

Ref: £1,095.64
        £ 226.94

I have been in receipt of your email, I do need to speak directly to you in regards to your debts.

I understand that you are experiencing some difficulties at the moment and want to help you, however I will need to speak with you.

If you could please contact me today before 5pm otherwise I will be in the office next week from 10am - 7pm.

I look forward to your reply.

Account Manager
        084 5318 0006
        Hi Cecilia

OK - they are digging their own hole here. Respond with the following (replacing xxxx with relevant information):

[start of template letter]

Acc No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FORMAL COMPLAINT

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email of xx/xx/xxxx (copy of which is below), however I am disappointed to note that your company have not addressed any of the points in my letter, nor have demonstrated any willingness to make a reasonable effort to assist me, other than to demand that I call you.

Please note that I have taken professional advice regards my debt, and as a result of this, have offered you a reasonable monthly payment that is the maximum I can afford with regard to my income and expenditure and other debt, and offer you have refused to acknowledge, [but instead you have telephoned me several times a day and sent me text messages and emails demanding I call you.] - CECILIA AMEND THIS BIT AS REQUIRED

I have previously advised your company that ALL matters relating to the above account should be placed in writing ONLY to ensure that there are no misunderstandings and that everything between us is documented. There can be no reasonable reason for you to refuse this request.

Please also be advised that this email address is NOT secure, and can be accessed by other people, and consequently any further emails you send to this address will be deleted and not responded to. Should you send further emails to this address, and consequently financial matters be exposed to a third party, I will report your willful neglect and conduct to the OFT, FOS, ICO and other relevant regulatory bodies.You should be well aware that OFT, FSA regulatory guidance and the CSA (of which you purport to be a member) code of conduct clearly state that creditors should send correspondence via preferred method of communication, therefore I cannot see any reasonable reason for your companies refusal to place any correspondence in writing and send to the postal address that you have for my account.Please also note that any further refusal to carry out my reasonable request in relation to my preferred method of communication will also be reported to the OFT and FOS as well as the CSA and a formal complaint made to them regards your conduct.

You have been informed that I am in financial difficulty. You have been made a payment offer that I am able to afford, and one that has been calculated using the Common Financial Statement format. Your refusal to even recognize this offer also places you in direct breach of OFT guidelines on debt collection.Instead you continue to add interest and charges to the account, thus increasing the debt, and compounding the situation, and continually telephone me and send text messages, rather than making any reasonable effort in assisting me to resolve the situation. Consequently, in view of the breaches of regulatory guidance, not to mention the breaches of the code of conduct of your industry association membership, I can only conclude that your actions are deliberate and you have had no intention of assisting me, but instead you are looking to a course of harassment and to inflate the balance and compound the situation.

I repeat my previous request - all correspondence be placed in writing, that you cease calling me via telephone, and that you consider the reasonable offer made to you using the CFS format.Should you continue with your current conduct you leave me with little choice but to raise this matter as a formal complaint, and also to report any further actions of the above nature to the aforementioned regulatory bodies. Should this matter ever reach an English Court of Law, be advised that your conduct will also be brought to the Courts attention. I remind you of the recent cases of Jones v Halifax and Harrison v Link Financial as to the Courts views of oppressive behavior of creditors when conducting collection activity.

I truly hope that this action will not be necessary and that you will review my account and accept the reasonable offer made to you and place confirmation of this IN WRITING to my postal address. Once I have this I will make arrangements to commence payments in line with my payment proposal.

Yours sincerely

Cecilia

[end of template letter]
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

is there is a limit to the number of pages I can read, and eventually get a pop up saying I have to log in if I want to read more.

Thanks
          that's right

but as said dont worry about guests reading things. There's loads of users here in the same PDL boat as you.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi SnV,

Thanks.

1.I understand your point My issue as you probably gathered is that there are some things that I don't feel comfortable posting on an open forum. I don't know who reads this forum, and membership is open to all.
            Understand the concern - but chances of them identifying you from the info you're providing are exceptionally slim and would be a lucky guess. Also guests cannot read the forum, and Niddy tracks the IP addresses of those that do so knows the IP addresses of the creditors and debt collectors!

2. If it was a PDL doorstep collector, why didn't they leave a note, by law they are required to do that, and inform you that they are visiting right?
            By law they don't have to do anything other than to behave in the way a normal member of the public would be required to do so walking up to your door. Remember they are NOT bailiffs. They are nothing more than a private individual asking you for money, and with the same rights. However, a reasonable operator would leave a calling card or similar, so the fact they have not may even suggest the person knocking wasn't who you thought they were

3. Do I need to speak to them?
            Nope not at all - you don't have to do anything. Only reason you may want to speak to them is to establish their identity and then tell them to bugger off. Don't open the door if you don't want to - talk to them through the letterbox. If you're a lone female this would be perfectly reasonable.

Best
            SnV
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
              Hi Cecilia

OK - they are digging their own hole here. Respond with the following (replacing xxxx with relevant information):

[start of template letter]

Acc No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FORMAL COMPLAINT

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email of xx/xx/xxxx (copy of which is below), however I am disappointed to note that your company have not addressed any of the points in my letter, nor have demonstrated any willingness to make a reasonable effort to assist me, other than to demand that I call you.

Please note that I have taken professional advice regards my debt, and as a result of this, have offered you a reasonable monthly payment that is the maximum I can afford with regard to my income and expenditure and other debt, and offer you have refused to acknowledge, [but instead you have telephoned me several times a day and sent me text messages and emails demanding I call you.] - CECILIA AMEND THIS BIT AS REQUIRED

I have previously advised your company that ALL matters relating to the above account should be placed in writing ONLY to ensure that there are no misunderstandings and that everything between us is documented. There can be no reasonable reason for you to refuse this request.

Please also be advised that this email address is NOT secure, and can be accessed by other people, and consequently any further emails you send to this address will be deleted and not responded to. Should you send further emails to this address, and consequently financial matters be exposed to a third party, I will report your willful neglect and conduct to the OFT, FOS, ICO and other relevant regulatory bodies.You should be well aware that OFT, FSA regulatory guidance and the CSA (of which you purport to be a member) code of conduct clearly state that creditors should send correspondence via preferred method of communication, therefore I cannot see any reasonable reason for your companies refusal to place any correspondence in writing and send to the postal address that you have for my account.Please also note that any further refusal to carry out my reasonable request in relation to my preferred method of communication will also be reported to the OFT and FOS as well as the CSA and a formal complaint made to them regards your conduct.

You have been informed that I am in financial difficulty. You have been made a payment offer that I am able to afford, and one that has been calculated using the Common Financial Statement format. Your refusal to even recognize this offer also places you in direct breach of OFT guidelines on debt collection.Instead you continue to add interest and charges to the account, thus increasing the debt, and compounding the situation, and continually telephone me and send text messages, rather than making any reasonable effort in assisting me to resolve the situation. Consequently, in view of the breaches of regulatory guidance, not to mention the breaches of the code of conduct of your industry association membership, I can only conclude that your actions are deliberate and you have had no intention of assisting me, but instead you are looking to a course of harassment and to inflate the balance and compound the situation.

I repeat my previous request - all correspondence be placed in writing, that you cease calling me via telephone, and that you consider the reasonable offer made to you using the CFS format.Should you continue with your current conduct you leave me with little choice but to raise this matter as a formal complaint, and also to report any further actions of the above nature to the aforementioned regulatory bodies. Should this matter ever reach an English Court of Law, be advised that your conduct will also be brought to the Courts attention. I remind you of the recent cases of Jones v Halifax and Harrison v Link Financial as to the Courts views of oppressive behavior of creditors when conducting collection activity.

I truly hope that this action will not be necessary and that you will review my account and accept the reasonable offer made to you and place confirmation of this IN WRITING to my postal address. Once I have this I will make arrangements to commence payments in line with my payment proposal.

Yours sincerely

Cecilia

[end of template letter]
              Brilliant! Thanks for this SnV,will get sent off today.Their offices are closed today, but open tomorrow I thought they were digging a hole for themselves.
              Last edited by cecilia; 8 September 2013, 09:25.

Comment

Understand the concern - but chances of them identifying you from the info you're providing are exceptionally slim and would be a lucky guess. Also guests cannot read the forum, and Niddy tracks the IP addresses of those that do so knows the IP addresses of the creditors and debt collectors!

By law they don't have to do anything other than to behave in the way a normal member of the public would be required to do so walking up to your door. Remember they are NOT bailiffs. They are nothing more than a private individual asking you for money, and with the same rights. However, a reasonable operator would leave a calling card or similar, so the fact they have not may even suggest the person knocking wasn't who you thought they were

Nope not at all - you don't have to do anything. Only reason you may want to speak to them is to establish their identity and then tell them to bugger off. Don't open the door if you don't want to - talk to them through the letterbox. If you're a lone female this would be perfectly reasonable.

Best
                SnV
                SNV,

I am easily identifiable from the amounts I owe, okay I have deleted account numbers, but in so far as date loaned,dates defaulted, and amounts owed, not difficult to put two and two together,lol.

Are these PDL's reasonable operators in your experience

Comment

I am easily identifiable from the amounts I owe, okay I have deleted account numbers, but in so far as date loaned,dates defaulted, and amounts owed, not difficult to put two and two together,lol.

No its still not easy, lets try to put it in context:

1) Chances are they cannot search for outstanding balances on their systems - plus if they are adding interest on a daily basis its never going to be accurate. Also you were smart and didn't put the exact amount and rounded up/down by a small random amount right.

2) Your default date only shows the month - how many loans do you think these people default in a month - plenty and again nothing that can DEFINITIVELY allow them to add 2+2 .

3) Do you think they have time to trawl through all the posts on the internet that come up about their companies names? Even if they happen upon your thread, they will see that you're not going to be a pushover even if they can correctly identify you.

4) You are putting nothing on the forum that they are not going to receive anyway, and also there is no 'strategic' benefit in them seeing anything a couple of days early. However because there is nothing on here that publicly identifies you they cannot respond back to you referencing any posts here as they cannot prove beyond all doubt your identity here. To do so would be incredibly stupid and open them up legally in so many ways because they would be making an assumption. The law doesn't deal with assumptions!

5) So chances are if they had the capability and the ability to search their systems then 2+2 would just as likely equal 2678 than 4 based on the limited information you've provided. Only thing they could use to identify you would be any custom letters we publish they receive - but they are going to get these anyway and again as I mentioned above to reference anything on the forum back to you when they cannot definitively prove its you would be very stupid. If/when its necessary I'm sure Niddy will give you a thread on the private section.

6) If you really want to protect yourself - change your location to somewhere you don't actually live

I know its tough to start with as they are looking to bully and intimidate you to a point where you start making decisions that you wouldn't normally make (like offering a payment you cannot afford). Don't let them. You're in the right place and you'll get lots of support here.

Best
                  SnV

Comment

SNV

No you're not lol the amounts borrowed are typical amounts. For instance, the odds are several others took the same loan on the same date as you. You really need to stop worrying. It's never happened in several years of operation and its unlikely to now and as I said earlier - who cares if they link it to you. They'll then start behaving cos they'll be aware you know your rights now!

Comment

Theres not ONE PDL company which in my experience behaves in a reasonable manner. They are operating in a very grey area of the Consumer Credit Act and they know it. They are trying to create a veneer of respectability by appointing ex House of Commons hacks as advisors and through lobbying. This is the reason why the entire industry is under such scrutiny from the OFT and why so many closed up shop within weeks of the OFT investigating their business operations.

This is why you need to fight your corner so savagely - they will (unfortunately for the other party), move on to 'easier' prey when they realize you won't be bullied.

Best
                      SnV

Comment

SNV,

So what if you are easily identifiable. Read my posts, I have put in amounts and even the names of the people that have written to me. Stuff em. And no, the are not reasonable, they do their best to lie, deceive, and mislead you. Just keep in touch with this forum, you will learn not to be intimidated by them.

Comment

No its still not easy, lets try to put it in context:

1) Chances are they cannot search for outstanding balances on their systems - plus if they are adding interest on a daily basis its never going to be accurate. Also you were smart and didn't put the exact amount and rounded up/down by a small random amount right.

2) Your default date only shows the month - how many loans do you think these people default in a month - plenty and again nothing that can DEFINITIVELY allow them to add 2+2 .

3) Do you think they have time to trawl through all the posts on the internet that come up about their companies names? Even if they happen upon your thread, they will see that you're not going to be a pushover even if they can correctly identify you.

4) You are putting nothing on the forum that they are not going to receive anyway, and also there is no 'strategic' benefit in them seeing anything a couple of days early. However because there is nothing on here that publicly identifies you they cannot respond back to you referencing any posts here as they cannot prove beyond all doubt your identity here. To do so would be incredibly stupid and open them up legally in so many ways because they would be making an assumption. The law doesn't deal with assumptions!

5) So chances are if they had the capability and the ability to search their systems then 2+2 would just as likely equal 2678 than 4 based on the limited information you've provided. Only thing they could use to identify you would be any custom letters we publish they receive - but they are going to get these anyway and again as I mentioned above to reference anything on the forum back to you when they cannot definitively prove its you would be very stupid. If/when its necessary I'm sure Niddy will give you a thread on the private section.

6) If you really want to protect yourself - change your location to somewhere you don't actually live

I know its tough to start with as they are looking to bully and intimidate you to a point where you start making decisions that you wouldn't normally make (like offering a payment you cannot afford). Don't let them. You're in the right place and you'll get lots of support here.

Best
                          SnV
                          All 6 points noted thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            No you're not lol the amounts borrowed are typical amounts. For instance, the odds are several others took the same loan on the same date as you. You really need to stop worrying. It's never happened in several years of operation and its unlikely to now and as I said earlier - who cares if they link it to you. They'll then start behaving cos they'll be aware you know your rights now!
                            Thanks Niddy, I could not remember how detailed I was when listing things, gotcha.

Comment

Theres not ONE PDL company which in my experience behaves in a reasonable manner. They are operating in a very grey area of the Consumer Credit Act and they know it. They are trying to create a veneer of respectability by appointing ex House of Commons hacks as advisors and through lobbying. This is the reason why the entire industry is under such scrutiny from the OFT and why so many closed up shop within weeks of the OFT investigating their business operations.

This is why you need to fight your corner so savagely - they will (unfortunately for the other party), move on to 'easier' prey when they realize you won't be bullied.

Best
                              SnV
                              I agree, never thought any of them behave in a reasonable manner. This is the best strategy, as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                                So what if you are easily identifiable. Read my posts, I have put in amounts and even the names of the people that have written to me. Stuff em. And no, the are not reasonable, they do their best to lie, deceive, and mislead you. Just keep in touch with this forum, you will learn not to be intimidated by them.
                                Thanks Enforcer, will read your posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X