GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
    Hi,
    Well my son has 3 loans taken out in April like you he had been paying them regularly and paying them off then loaning again, he lost his job in May and has ignored them since cancelling his card, they stopped % pretty quick have passed them to several different dcas now all he gets is threatning letters still ignores them, and now its the begging letters which he still ignores. they cant have what you aint got. The letters are nice though Brown envelopes with URGENT written on them 3 at a time.
    Good Luck
    Thanks Helmsan,

A colleague of mine did exactly what your son did. She cancelled her card. She did not switch bank accounts. No money was taken from her account. They called her,she did not take the calls. They write to her, she ignores the letters. She has walked away from it all.She wonders why I am bothering to deal with them.

I agree, I am offering them what I can afford, no more, than that. I also have informed them of my situation a day or two after I defaulted. I could have chosen to ignore everything.
    Last edited by cecilia; 31 August 2013, 09:56.

Comment

You would be amazed how many people do give these people debit card details, that's why you should NEVER speak to them on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
        Thanks Helmsan,

A colleague of mine did exactly what your son did. She cancelled her card. She did not switch bank accounts. No money was taken from her account. They called her,she did not take the calls. They write to her, she ignores the letters, and she has walked away from it all. I agree, I am offering them what I can afford, no more, than that. I also have informed them of my situation a day or two after I defaulted. I could have chosen to ignore everything.
        Hi,
        Don't blame you, I have just opened some of the letters my son is ignoring (he knows I have opened them) ! dated the 2nd Aug Lending stream Via Muck Hall debt under £230 they will accept under £170 to draw matter to a close. 2nd one full settlement for £100 less. 3rd one £90 less, they have no chance of getting anything and I think adding £90 of court charges they will just be wasting their money and they know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          You would be amazed how many people do give these people debit card details, that's why you should NEVER speak to them on the phone.
          Well, Swift Sterling will not communicate with me in writing, so that is that. I guess the people who give them debit card details again, have their accounts emptied.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
            Hi,
            Don't blame you, I have just opened some of the letters my son is ignoring (he knows I have opened them) ! dated the 2nd Aug Lending stream Via Muck Hall debt under £230 they will accept under £170 to draw matter to a close. 2nd one full settlement for £100 less. 3rd one £90 less, they have no chance of getting anything and I think adding £90 of court charges they will just be wasting their money and they know it.
            Funny, how they are now backing down.

Comment

The Moneyshop
              Started 2004-this was started as cashing cheques, which were renewed. They stopped cheque cashing a few months ago.
              Interest paid from 2004 to 2013 £17,030.4

Loan £750
              Owe £750,
              Monthly payments of £125
              Last paid beginning August 2013
              Defaulted August 2013
              Received call from Moneyshop 31st August 2013
              Wrote to Moneyshop 4th September
              Received voicemail from Moneyshop asking me to call them back 30th September
              Received voicemail from Moneyshop asking me to call them back 22nd October
              Received voicemail from Moneyshop asking me to call them back 31st October
              Received Voicemail from Moneyshop asking me to call them back 3rd December
              Received text from Moneyshop 20th December
              Received text from Moneyshop 27th December saying payment was due on 30th December
              Received text from Moneyshop 29th January saying payment was due on 30th January
              Received voicemail from Moneyshop asking me to call them back 30th December
              Received voicemail from Moneyshop asking me to call them back 30th January
              Received text from Moneyshop 24th February saying payment was due on 28th February
              Received text from Moneyshop 27th March saying payment was due on 28th March

Last edited by cecilia; 18 April 2014, 16:54.

Comment

The Moneyshop
                Started 2004-this was started as cashing cheques, which were renewed. They stopped cheque cashing a few months ago.
                Loan £750
                Owe £750,
                Monthly payments of £125
                Last paid beginning August 2013
                Defaulted August 2013
                Received call from Moneyshop 31st August 2013
                Bloody Hell.... they've been taking money but the balance is the same? How much have you paid on this over the years then?

By the way... Mucky Hall are at the bottom of the food chain. Once a debt gets to them, you've no real worries (in my opinion)
                Remember the mantra:
                NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How are you getting on now?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkers78 View Post
                    How are you getting on now?
                    Hi Tinkers,

Payday UK and Pounds to Pocket have said they are willing to accept proposals for a payment plan.

Swift sterling want to discuss the issue on the phone, not in writing.

Did PaydayUK freeze your interest, in your repayment plan?

Are you paying them by standing order?

Pounds to Pocket, claim they don't accept standing orders or Giro slips!

Have not heard from the rest who are continuing to bombard me with calls and emails.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                      Bloody Hell.... they've been taking money but the balance is the same? How much have you paid on this over the years then?

By the way... Mucky Hall are at the bottom of the food chain. Once a debt gets to them, you've no real worries (in my opinion)
                      I know PriorityOne,

Looking at it written down, I don't even want to think about how much I paid them. For every £100 they took £15, then it increased to £18.

Are Mucky Hall their debt collectors?

Comment

No... Mucky Hall are not their debt collectors......but I think you've paid enough on this one. Those figures are extortionate!!

Send them a CCA request by rec. delivery and with any luck, they won't have it.

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...2-cca-requests
                        Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Speedloan(Part of Albermarle and Bond)
                          Started approximately 2004 as cheque cashing, stopped cheque cashing a few months ago, and converted into a loan.
                          Interest paid to Albermarle and Bond from 2004 to 2013 £16,320

Loan £800
                          Owe £1120 including interest
                          Default charges £112
                          Monthly payments £112
                          Last payment beginning July 2013
                          Defaulted August 2013
                          Received text from Speedloan 2nd September
                          Wrote to Speedloan 4th September
                          Received letter in the post from Speedloan 7th September rejecting my offer.
                          Received letter in the post from Speedloan 18th September, asking me to contact them urgently, give bank account and debit card details,to set up direct debit.
                          Received text message from Speedloan 26th September to discuss account
                          Received default notice in the post from Speedloan 3rd October in normal post
                          Wrote to Speedloan 10th October
                          Received Notice of sum of arrears in the post from Speedloan 12th October in normal post
                          Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my speedloan dated 19th October, received 23rd October
                          Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my Speedloan dated 24th October received 28th October
                          Wrote to Chantry collections 7th November
                          Received Important notice from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 5th November received 9th November
                          Received letter from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 8th November received 11th November
                          Received letter in the post from Speedloan dated 13th November received 14th November
                          Received call from Clair Westbury at Speedloan 19th November asking me to send my I&E to put this matter to a close.
                          Received call from Clair Westbury at Speedloan 20th November asking me to send my I&E to put this matter to a close.
                          Resent to I&E to Speedloan 21st November.
                          Received letter from Speedloan 23rd November dated 22nd November.
                          Received letter from Speedloan 23rd January dated 21st January 2013
                          Received letter from Speedloan dated 29th December 2014
                          Received letter from Motormile Finance dated 3rd September 2015
                          Received letter from Motormile Finance dated 29th December 2016
                          Received letter from Moriarty Law dated 12th January 2017
                          Received letter from Motormile Finance dated 7th January 2017
                          Received letter from Moriarty law dated 31st January 2017

Last edited by cecilia; 6 February 2017, 08:28.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                            No... Mucky Hall are not their debt collectors......but I think you've paid enough on this one. Those figures are extortionate!!

Send them a CCA request by rec. delivery and with any luck, they won't have it.

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...2-cca-requests
                            Thanks Priority One, the cheque cashing was done in store. When they stopped cheque cashing and it became a loan, it is handled by a different part of the company, and you can't deal with it in store. They sent me a repayment plan for that in August, in writing. Is that a CCA ?

The same with Speedloan. Albermarle and Bond stopped cheque cashing, and hand you over to Speedloan which is part of the group.

My hunch is that they stopped cheque cashing, because of the new regulations and irresponsible lending.

Comment

Hang on.... when did you convert all these into loans? I'm assuming they got you to sign fresh paperwork to do this. If so, what were the loan figures you agreed to on that paperwork and what did those figures consist of? If you signed new paperwork, then challenging these will be tricky re. CCA requests.... A CCA request is a legal request for information that you would send off; it's nothing to do with repayment plans.... and if you've signed new loan paperwork, it/they would probably be a waste of time now.

To be honest (and under the circumstances), unless they're willing to freeze all interest and charges, I'd be inclined to pay them nothing more at all; these companies are no better than loan sharks. Let them sell the debts to debt collectors when they get no joy from you.... and then take things from there re. CCA requests, etc. Your credit file will be trashed anyway..... and these are not huge debts in the grand scheme of things, so the chances of any of them going through the courts to recover money from you will be small.

If you continue making token payments for years, they will get either offer you a Full & Final settlement in time (on request) or sell the debts to debt collectors anyway.

So....

What do you actually want to do here for yourself?
                              Are you working?
                              What are the token payments that you've put to these companies so far? Are they based upon Benefit income or work-based income?
                              Are you a property owner?
                              Remember the mantra:

Comment

They sent me a repayment plan for that in August

The same with Speedloan. Albermarle and Bond stopped cheque cashing, and hand you over to Speedloan which is part of the group.

My hunch is that they stopped cheque cashing, because of the new regulations and irresponsible lending.
                                We need to establish whether you signed anything before they sent you these replayment plan letters. Did they just change it over, or did they make you sign something?

Comment

Working...
                                X