GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    I did indeed. So theres a few things to consider here:

1) You are under no obligation to provide I&E details to a creditor and many recommend that you do not do so. However if you are looking for them to behave unreasonably (which they are likely to), and prevent them from painting you as a dirty debt dodger (which they will try to do), then there is some milage in providing them with I&E information as it gives them more rope to hang themselves when it comes to OFT guidelines and the Lending Code with which you can beat them over the heads with (especially should you take things to the FOS).

2) If you wish to provide I&E information then you must NOT use an I&E sheet provided by a creditor. I have seen far too many that 'omit' key expenditure resulting in a repayment plan that is unrealistic. If you want to put together an I&E sheet that uses the CFS format then you could do a lot worse than using this one here:

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/index.asp

3) So if you want to respond with I&E and a repayment plan offer then I would use the above. Make sure that you pad things out a little to give you some breathing space. And if you do respond I would just send another email, making no reference to agreement of charges, or mothers maiden name etc. That is just bollox and you don't want to go there.

Best
    SnV
    Thanks SnV,

I did an I&E for Pounds to Pocket, and PaydayUK which they both had no problems with. I will tell you what link I used later, as don't have it with me now.

Thanks for your link. I am sure they will be unreasonable.

Only problem is that Pounds to Pocket don't accept standing orders as you know.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
      Only problem is that Pounds to Pocket don't accept standing orders as you know.
      They say they don't - even creditors like MBNA state that they don't until you stand your ground and inform them this is the only way that payment that will be forthcoming.........
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I did indeed. So theres a few things to consider here:

1) You are under no obligation to provide I&E details to a creditor and many recommend that you do not do so. However if you are looking for them to behave unreasonably (which they are likely to), and prevent them from painting you as a dirty debt dodger (which they will try to do), then there is some milage in providing them with I&E information as it gives them more rope to hang themselves when it comes to OFT guidelines and the Lending Code with which you can beat them over the heads with (especially should you take things to the FOS).

2) If you wish to provide I&E information then you must NOT use an I&E sheet provided by a creditor. I have seen far too many that 'omit' key expenditure resulting in a repayment plan that is unrealistic. If you want to put together an I&E sheet that uses the CFS format then you could do a lot worse than using this one here:

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/index.asp

3) So if you want to respond with I&E and a repayment plan offer then I would use the above. Make sure that you pad things out a little to give you some breathing space. And if you do respond I would just send another email, making no reference to agreement of charges, or mothers maiden name etc. That is just bollox and you don't want to go there.

Best
        SnV
        Sent off my I&E to Mr Lender earlier today. I had used this site for the I&E before

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/pe...eet/income.php

Just got this response from Mr Lender, think we are now moving into that place you described before SnV

Thank you for your email.

We would like to confirm your outstanding balance is £710.00 this includes your late fees and interest charge.

We are able to offer you a repayment plan for the balance over the following

Repayment offer 1: 3 monthly payments of £236.66 to settle your loan.

Repayment offer 2: 6 monthly payments of £118.33 to settle your loan.

We are unable to freeze the account and set up the repayment plan until we receive your initial payment.

Your account will remain in collections until your initial payment has been received.

Please be aware that whilst your account is not in a repayment you may incur charges, our system may try to recoup the funds and your account may be sold to a third party debt collection agency.

I have attached an income and expenditure form for you to complete and return to us.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Comment

Just got this response from Mr Lender, think we are now moving into that place you described before SnV

We would like to confirm your outstanding balance is £710.00 this includes your late fees and interest charge.

We are unable to freeze the account and set up the repayment plan until we receive your initial payment.

Your account will remain in collections until your initial payment has been received.

Please be aware that whilst your account is not in a repayment you may incur charges, our system may try to recoup the funds and your account may be sold to a third party debt collection agency.

I have attached an income and expenditure form for you to complete and return to us.

Kind Regards,

Amy
          Ok so we are making some progress - but we will be asking for a refund of interest and charges accumulating while they faffed about.

How close is the 6 month plan to the offer you made them?

They are also digging themselves a bigger hole too when it comes to ignoring best practice. Taken from the CFS Creditor Good Practice Checklist:

"You should not include references to repayment amounts different to those offered by the customer, based on CFS, in communications."

So as they have now included references to different payment amounts to those you have offered they are now in breach of 'Good Practice'

They also now have less leverage over you when it comes to threatening home visits as the account is now considered 'Deadlocked' under OFT debt collection guidelines.
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok so we are making some progress - but we will be asking for a refund of interest and charges accumulating while they faffed about.

How close is the 6 month plan to the offer you made them?

They are also digging themselves a bigger hole too when it comes to ignoring best practice. Taken from the CFS Creditor Good Practice Checklist:

"You should not include references to repayment amounts different to those offered by the customer, based on CFS, in communications."

So as they have now included references to different payment amounts to those you have offered they are now in breach of 'Good Practice'

They also now have less leverage over you when it comes to threatening home visits as the account is now considered 'Deadlocked' under OFT debt collection guidelines.
            The 6 month plan is not close to what I offered at all. I offered £16 a month, and their plan is £118.33!

I was waiting for you to say it was now deadlocked.

I did my own I&E from the national debtline website, and did not fill in their one.

How do they recoup funds when my CPA has been cancelled, do they have magic powers

Comment

Just received this from Pounds to Pocket, clearly ignoring all emails that have been sent before. I have offered to pay by standing order.

On 25 Sep, 2013, a payment of £177.23 will be due.

The payment will be:
              £109.33 interest
              £67.90 principal

Using our continuous payment authority, and pursuant to the Loan Agreement, this payment will be automatically debited from your debit card. After this payment you will have 9 payments remaining on your loan. To view your full payment schedule, log in to your account at www.PoundstoPocket.co.uk.

As a reminder, your following payment will be due:

on 30 Oct, 2013, with a payment of £177.23.

The payment will be applied as follows:

£127.55 interest
              £49.68 principal

If you have any queries, please contact our Customer Service Team via phone, email or online chat.

Pounds to Pocket Customer Service
              2013 Credit Today Alternative Lender of the Year Finalist
              Direct Line: 0800 016 3106
              Fax: 0808 234 9327
              support@poundstopocket.co.uk
              www.PoundstoPocket.co.uk

If you are in financial difficulties such that you cannot repay your loan, please contact us at 0800 016 3114.

Call free from landlines. Mobile phone companies may charge up to 40p per minute.

Phishing is a form of online identity theft. Please note that Pounds to Pocket only operates on the PoundstoPocket.co.uk domain, will never ask you to click on an email link to read a personal message, and will only ask you to click on an email link to reset your password if requested.

Pounds to Pocket is the trading name of CashEuroNetUK, LLC. CashEuroNetUK LLC is a Limited Liability Company incorporated in the United States. Head Office: 200 W. Jackson Blvd., 14th Floor, Chicago, IL USA. Correspondence Address: 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS. Consumer Credit Licence #: 603395.

Comment

Just received this from Speedloan, if you look at post 109, on this thread, you will see that they refused to accept my offer, in the last letter they sent me. I wrote to them on the 4th September, and they acknowledged receipt of my letter.If I said I can't afford to pay, I am unlikely to turn around and say now I can afford to pay.

Balance outstanding £753.39
                Arrears £112

We are disappointed that you have not yet contacted us with regards to your failed Direct debit payment.

Can you please call us as a matter of urgency on 0844 4480 527 to bring your account up to date using your debit card. We also need you to re-confirm your bank account details and make sure your Direct debit is set up correctly. Calling us today will mean that we do not have to take any further action against you. If you do not contact us we may be forced to issue you with a Default Notice, pass your account onto a third party Debt Collection Company and charge you default interest which may increase your balance.

We look forward to receiving your call within 3 working days of the date of this letter

Yours sincerely

Andrew Shuttlewood
                Speedloan Finance

Comment

Just received this from Quickquid, so all that stuff in post 172 of this thread regarding paying by cheque is rubbish

This is a reminder about your payment coming due for your loan with QuickQuid.

On 2013-09-26 a payment of £122.32 is due. This payment will be automatically debited from your bank account or debit card. You can always go on www.quickquid.co.uk and view your Account Home page to see if you eligible for different repayment options. We encourage you to repay your loan as quickly as possible to pay less interest.

If you have any queries, please contact our Customer Service team round the clock via phone, email or live chat.

QuickQuid Customer Service
                  Direct Line: 0808 234 4558
                  Fax: 0808 101 1380
                  Support@QuickQuid.co.uk
                  www.QuickQuid.co.uk

Call free from landlines. Mobile phone companies may charge up to 40p per minute.

Terms and Conditions apply. All loans are subject to status and affordability checks prior to approval. All applicants must be 18 or over.

If you are in financial difficulties such that you cannot make the payment, please contact us at 0800 016 3114.

QuickQuid performs traditional credit checks and verifies applicant information via various national databases. Extensions are not automatically granted, and we will consider your extension request based on the information you provide and your current financial situation. Payday advances should be used for short-term financial needs only, not as a long-term financial solution. Customers with credit difficulties should seek credit counselling.

QuickQuid is the trading name of CashEuroNetUK, LLC. CashEuroNetUK LLC is a Limited Liability Company incorporated in the United States. Head Office: 200 W. Jackson Blvd., 14th Floor, Chicago, IL USA. Correspondence Address: 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS. Consumer Credit Licence #: 603395.

Comment

Sent off my I&E to Mr Lender earlier today. I had used this site for the I&E before

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/pe...eet/income.php

Kind Regards,

Amy
                    Ok - response to this one.

Dear Amy

Thank you for your email of xx/xx/xxxx however I note with regret that you appear to be doing nothing to help me resolve my situation but instead continue to make unreasonable demands of payment which you know I cannot afford as well as disregarding the I&E information I have sent you.

I&E Information
                    You have yet again asked me to complete and return your companies I&E form. Please note that I will not complete the form you have sent me as it does not adhere to the common financial statement format - the recognized format used by all debt charities and accepted by the courts.

You have however received TWICE (initially on xx/xx/xxxx and further on xx/xx/xxxx) my I&E information using the CFS format. Consequently you have all the information you need to understand how I have arrived at the monthly payments that are the maximum I can afford.

Payment proposal and demanding payments I cannot afford
                    As you can see from the I&E information sent to you, the maximum monthly payment I can make towards this account is £xx.xx. This is a reasonable proposal, however you have not had the courtesy to even acknowledge the offer I have made to you. Instead, you continue to demand a monthly payment which you know I am unable to afford.

You should be fully aware that the above conduct places you in direct breach of OFT debt collection guidelines. As it would appear that you are not prepared to be reasonable, you leave me with no alternative but to report your conduct (and all communication) to the OFT and other regulatory bodies if necessary.

I am trying to resolve this amicably and in a responsible manner by offering you a repayment plan which is affordable. I request again that you consider, and accept, this payment plan and look forward to receiving your acceptance of my offer.

On acceptance of my offer, please provide your companies bank details so that I may set up a standing order to commence payments, the first of which will start on xx/xx/xxxx

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cecilia

Comment

Thanks SnV,

Another great letter, will send it off.

Comment

Ok - response to this one.

Dear Amy

Thank you for your email of xx/xx/xxxx however I note with regret that you appear to be doing nothing to help me resolve my situation but instead continue to make unreasonable demands of payment which you know I cannot afford as well as disregarding the I&E information I have sent you.

I&E Information
                        You have yet again asked me to complete and return your companies I&E form. Please note that I will not complete the form you have sent me as it does not adhere to the common financial statement format - the recognized format used by all debt charities and accepted by the courts.

You have however received TWICE (initially on xx/xx/xxxx and further on xx/xx/xxxx) my I&E information using the CFS format. Consequently you have all the information you need to understand how I have arrived at the monthly payments that are the maximum I can afford.

Payment proposal and demanding payments I cannot afford
                        As you can see from the I&E information sent to you, the maximum monthly payment I can make towards this account is £xx.xx. This is a reasonable proposal, however you have not had the courtesy to even acknowledge the offer I have made to you. Instead, you continue to demand a monthly payment which you know I am unable to afford.

You should be fully aware that the above conduct places you in direct breach of OFT debt collection guidelines. As it would appear that you are not prepared to be reasonable, you leave me with no alternative but to report your conduct (and all communication) to the OFT and other regulatory bodies if necessary.

I am trying to resolve this amicably and in a responsible manner by offering you a repayment plan which is affordable. I request again that you consider, and accept, this payment plan and look forward to receiving your acceptance of my offer.

On acceptance of my offer, please provide your companies bank details so that I may set up a standing order to commence payments, the first of which will start on xx/xx/xxxx

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cecilia
                        This was the reply I received from Mr Lender today. As you can see from previous posts, I had emails from Becky, Jessica manager, Amy and now it has been passed onto Michael.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email and income and expenditure. Your account has been passed over myself for further review.
                        My name is Michael and I work in the Repayment Plan department at Mr Lender. My role is to provide advice and support to our customers who may be experiencing financial hardship. We would like to work with you in order to alleviate some of the pressures you may be experiencing as a result of your current financial situation. We understand you are in financial difficulty and we would like to put you in a repayment plan to make things easier for you. However we are unable to accept your payment offer of £16.00 per month. This means you can still pay us £16.00 per month but unfortunately it will not be enough to set you up in a repayment plan and freeze your account.
                        Your outstanding balance is currently £710.00. We wanted to offer you the following additional help in order to close your account with us.
                        We wanted to offer you the following option:
                        Place you in a repayment plan for £600.00 (giving you a £110.00 discount.) We will freeze your balance and stop any further charges or interest from being added. The minimum we can accept is £30.00 per month. If this is not manageable for you, we suggest contacting a free debt management company such as Stepchange. They are a free counselling organisation. If they choose to act on your behalf they will place you in a debt management plan. Therefore whilst we are unable to accept £16.00 per month working directly with you, we may accept a smaller amount if you were in a debt management plan.
                        In order for us to set up your repayment plan, freeze your account and work directly with yourself, you will need to make your first payment of £30.00 today. If this is not possible, please let us know what date you can make your first payment of £30.00 on.
                        On what date would you like to make your other payments and please confirm we have your correct card details ending in xxxx. If you have a new card please fill in the below:

16 digit card no:
                        Start date:
                        Expiry date:
                        Last 3 digits on back of card:
                        Alternatively as stated by yourself, if you prefer to pay by bank transfer, please find our bank details below. When making payment please provide your reference number below:
                        Bank: Barclays
                        Account No: 23824616
                        Sort Code: 20 95 61
                        Reference No:

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us
                        As soon as we receive your response, depending on whether you can pay £30.00 per month we shall arrange for your repayment plan to be set up. Please be advised payment would need to be made today in order for us to action this. If this is not possible please let us know when you can make your first payment. Please note while your account is not in a repayment plan or a debt management plan, your account is still open to incur further charges and interest.
                        Please also see the link below where you will find a number of free debt counselling organisations who can help you, but we would strongly recommend contacting Stepchange if £30.00 is not affordable for you and enquire about a debt management plan.
                        Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
                        Kind Regards,

Michael
                        Repayment Plan Advisor

020-8532-5022

Click here to visit Mr Lender >

https://www.mrlender.com/Page/GoodPracticeCustomerCharter

Comment

Piss off! Would be my reply.Tell em that you cannot pay more than you have offered.

Comment

This was the reply I received from Mr Lender today. As you can see from previous posts, I had emails from Becky, Jessica manager, Amy and now it has been passed onto Michael.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email and income and expenditure. Your account has been passed over myself for further review.
                            My name is Michael and I work in the Repayment Plan department at Mr Lender. My role is to provide advice and support to our customers who may be experiencing financial hardship. We would like to work with you in order to alleviate some of the pressures you may be experiencing as a result of your current financial situation. We understand you are in financial difficulty and we would like to put you in a repayment plan to make things easier for you. However we are unable to accept your payment offer of £16.00 per month. This means you can still pay us £16.00 per month but unfortunately it will not be enough to set you up in a repayment plan and freeze your account.
                            Your outstanding balance is currently £710.00. We wanted to offer you the following additional help in order to close your account with us.
                            We wanted to offer you the following option:
                            Place you in a repayment plan for £600.00 (giving you a £110.00 discount.) We will freeze your balance and stop any further charges or interest from being added. The minimum we can accept is £30.00 per month. If this is not manageable for you, we suggest contacting a free debt management company such as Stepchange. They are a free counselling organisation. If they choose to act on your behalf they will place you in a debt management plan. Therefore whilst we are unable to accept £16.00 per month working directly with you, we may accept a smaller amount if you were in a debt management plan.
                            In order for us to set up your repayment plan, freeze your account and work directly with yourself, you will need to make your first payment of £30.00 today. If this is not possible, please let us know what date you can make your first payment of £30.00 on.
                            On what date would you like to make your other payments and please confirm we have your correct card details ending in xxxx. If you have a new card please fill in the below:

16 digit card no:
                            Start date:
                            Expiry date:
                            Last 3 digits on back of card:
                            Alternatively as stated by yourself, if you prefer to pay by bank transfer, please find our bank details below. When making payment please provide your reference number below:
                            Bank: Barclays
                            Account No: 23824616
                            Sort Code: 20 95 61
                            Reference No:

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us
                            As soon as we receive your response, depending on whether you can pay £30.00 per month we shall arrange for your repayment plan to be set up. Please be advised payment would need to be made today in order for us to action this. If this is not possible please let us know when you can make your first payment. Please note while your account is not in a repayment plan or a debt management plan, your account is still open to incur further charges and interest.
                            Please also see the link below where you will find a number of free debt counselling organisations who can help you, but we would strongly recommend contacting Stepchange if £30.00 is not affordable for you and enquire about a debt management plan.
                            Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
                            Kind Regards,

Michael
                            Repayment Plan Advisor

020-8532-5022

Click here to visit Mr Lender >

https://www.mrlender.com/Page/GoodPracticeCustomerCharter
                            Ah this is perfect, they really haven't learned. To refuse your payment offer, but to state that they would accept such an offer if through a charity is prejudiced and unreasonable behaviour in the extreme. The fact they have put that in writing to you is even better.

Don't stress about this now - no-ones going to look at anything over the weekend.

We'll do a final accept my offer or F.O. you're getting nothing letter for you to send on Monday. You can send that as a formal complaint, and then I'd suggest you raise a complaint with the OFT and forward them all the emails they have sent you (not to mention the record of harassment).

Best
                            SnV

Comment

Ah this is perfect, they really haven't learned. To refuse your payment offer, but to state that they would accept such an offer if through a charity is prejudiced and unreasonable behaviour in the extreme. The fact they have put that in writing to you is even better.

Don't stress about this now - no-ones going to look at anything over the weekend.

We'll do a final accept my offer or F.O. you're getting nothing letter for you to send on Monday. You can send that as a formal complaint, and then I'd suggest you raise a complaint with the OFT and forward them all the emails they have sent you (not to mention the record of harassment).

Best
                              SnV
                              Thanks a lot SnV,

I am not stressing, as I see that their game is about taking me round, and round in circles. Interesting how they moved from saying they would only accept £118 to £30 a month. I really can't pay what I don't have.

I have heard from others who had loans with Mr Lender, that their offers were only accepted because they were with a DMP. It looks like most of these PDL's give you a hard time if you are not with a DMP.

I will raise a complaint with the OFT.

Comment

I have heard from others who had loans with Mr Lender, that their offers were only accepted because they were with a DMP. It looks like most of these PDL's give you a hard time if you are not with a DMP.
                                Its bovine excrement. A DMP can be run by a charity, or you can run it yourself. To state that they will not consider an offer unless you are running your DMP with a registered debt management company is a breach of OFT guidelines. They are digging a massive hole for themselves by refusing to accept your offer unless its done through a debt management company.

Falls under the following section of OFT664(rev) -

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

3.9 Examples of unfair or improper practices are as follows:

c. Refusing to engage, appropriately or at all, with a third party representative, such as a debt advisor at a free advice centre of a debt management business, or with a debtor developing his own repayment plan (for example using CASHflow) unless there is an objectively justifiable reason for doing so

The OFT make the meaning of 'objectively justifiable reason' clear with the following:

"Operating a POLICY of refusing to negotiate with certain third party representatives or with a debtor developing his own repayment plan would not, in the OFT's view, constitute an 'objectively justifiable basis' in this context."

The OFT also state the following:

"We would have particular concerns under circumstances in which a debt recover business rejects a debtors repayment offer as being unacceptable - but cannot subsequently demonstrate to our satisfaction why the offer was considered to be unreasonable (for example, if assessed against the Common Financial Statement of equivalent)"

So Mr Lender, by making it clear they operate a policy of not refusing to negotiate with a debtor, cannot claim they have objectively justifiable reason.

They also have not demonstrated why your offer was unreasonable, but continue to demand more than you can sustainably afford (another breach of OFT664).

I'll put something together for you on Monday to send to Mr Lender and the complaint to go to the OFT.

SnV

Comment

Working...
                                X