GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CPAs and overdrawn HELP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPAs and overdrawn HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPAs and overdrawn HELP

Hmmmm

So as mentioned before i have 4 PDLs i am trying to sort, just starting out.

My Barclay's account is a normal current account but with NO overdraft and no line of credit. When i last looked at balance about a week ago it was about £1.20 in credit (i know sad!). Today i look and its £257 in DEBT !

Now 2 of my 4 PDLs was due yesterday, but surely if account balance is empty and i have no line of credit then shouldn't Barclay's just say "no funds sorry" to debtors? Now they have left me owing Barclay's £257 ?!

I sent a letter to Barclay's to remove authority on all CPAs only today, so they wont have got that letter yet (sent recorded). But surely they cant take me overdrawn for such a huge sum on a account that's blatantly creditless, can they?

I know these CPAs are a nightmare, but i had figured if nothing in my account, then nowt they can have!?

Help
    ------------------------------
    WINJAS
    Pyrotechnical Guru
    (yup blowing shit up)

Re: CPAs and overdrawn HELP

I believe they can

Have do you have online access to your account, can you cancel the DDs?

or phone to cancel the DDs.

Personally if it were me, I'd close that account and open another one at a different bank then you'd know your cash was safe.

Comment

Were they direct debits or card payments. If it was a basic bankaccount they should not have done it but i think MRS D is probably right. You could go into battle with barclays or again as suggested get a new account. Check your account again tomorrow as maybe the charge will be reversed. Did you cancel your debit card?

Comment

Oh well

Not sure what type of payments were yet, online banking seems to take about 2days to show any details. All i know is my in the black account is now massively in the red.

My income is already ring fenced into new account elsewhere as per previous topic, only i had left my Barclay's account "tidy" until this. Now i will
        have Barclays after monies.. GGrrr
        Last edited by winjas; 28 November 2012, 11:00.
        ------------------------------
        WINJAS
        Pyrotechnical Guru
        (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Working...
        X