GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream/CRS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream/CRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lending Stream/CRS

Hello

Lending Stream seem to have passed my debt over to 'Credit Resource Solutions'

I've recieved a few emails off them, basically i've asked for a breakdown of all payments made, charges added, interest added etc.

I've recieved a letter from CRS, I can scan it if needed.

It says;

Our Reference ;
    Client Reference ; -is blank-
    Balance ; £0
    Unique payement number xxxxx

Underneath, in the body of the letter it says, and i quote
    "£ can be accepted in full & final settlement of the above amount

Lending Stream have autorised a one off opportunity to settle your account.

If you choose to take advantage of this offer full payment of £ must be received no later than the xx/10/2012

Please call to discuss this on;- 01422 324523"

I emailed then and said the following -

"I have had a letter off yourself stating I can accept the full payment of £0 to end this debt.

The letter is from Barbara Bush a Pre Litigation Officer and is signed digitally.

The Ref number is stated in the subject line and is xxxx

I accept this payment of £0 and now consider this matter closed.

Please remove me from all correspondence.

Also respond by xx/10/2012 as this is the end date for the offer on the letter.

Thanks.
    "

The reply i received;

"Thanks for your email,

I have noted this on the file but that letter was sent in error. The outstanding balance is £470, not £0.00. If you wish to ignore the matter at hand there is nothing further we're able to advise."

Have I got a case to have them accept and offer they have sent me?
    Last edited by Riz; 30 October 2012, 11:32. Reason: Admin Edit

Re: Lending Stream/CRS

Joe

Please remove the reference numbers - they identify you and LS have been known to view this forum!

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Apologies, sneaky buggers.

Any thoughts on the email exchange though?

Surely them telling me it can be settled for the amount of £0 means it's settled?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeK210185 View Post
        Apologies, sneaky buggers.

Any thoughts on the email exchange though?

Surely them telling me it can be settled for the amount of £0 means it's settled?
        Hmmmm tricky one!

As they have stated there is nothing further they can advise, I would suggest trying to blag it for a while and ensure you keep stating that you have made the full & final payment as per the letter of xx/xx/xxxx and that you consider the matter closed.

I'm not sure how things would stand if (in the unlikely event) things got to court. They may make a statement along the lines that you knew it could only be a mistake.

But for now, I would just sit tight and see what their next move is.

However no more emails - make sure you keep everything in writing from now on.

Best

SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you.

I'll print the emails off and file them with the letter.

I'll send them another letter though, asking them to stop ringing me.

Cheers

Comment

About 18 months ago I emailed Quik quid asking them to clarify
            How much I owed
            If the account had been sold or passed on to anyone else

The wrote back saying I owed nothing, the account was closed and no they hadn't sold it etc etc

The Mackensie Hall started chasing me, I sent them a copy of the email and they buggered off. Not a peep in over a year

PS print, copy, keep that email

Comment

Working...
            X