GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another Homeserve miss-sell? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Homeserve miss-sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Homeserve miss-sell?

It is my believe my mum in law who lives with us has been miss-sold a homeserve policy, she pays and always has done the water bill for our property and thus believe that was the root to being sold it.

All this is unbeknown to me and only just found out by checking her bank statement due to her having Alzheimers disease and not able to manage her money and thus was making sure her bills had been paid and her income coming into account was correct.

She has no need for this policy as I have always paid building and contents insurance with my mortgage lender the Halifax.

My wife says she has been paying it for a long while and this years premium for cover 7 is £346.00 alone.

I will try and fined a moment when mum in law is in a better frame of mind and see what she remembers if anything and perhaps send off a SAR to get all the details and work back from there.

Re: Another Homeserve miss-sell?

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    She has no need for this policy as I have always paid building and contents insurance with my mortgage lender the Halifax.

My wife says she has been paying it for a long while and this years premium for cover 7 is £346.00 alone.
    Homeserve 7 cover is for emergency breakdowns or malfunctions on things like plumbing, electrical faults, wasp nests etc. None of this will be covered by your contents or buildings insurance. Those policies cover you for the consequences of any of those things such as as water damage after a burst pipe or damage caused by a fire from an electrical fault.

However Homeserve policies are only available to homeowners so if your MIL is not on the deeds of you house then she is not entitled to Homeserve cover and it shouldn't be difficult to establish mis-selling and recover all the premiums. Check the eligibility criteria in this link.

http://www.homeserve.com/insurance/h...eserve_cover_7

We have another member making a mis-selling claim at the moment on the basis that the cover wasn't relevant or appropriate and if your MIL is on your house deeds that may be another option to investigate.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post421084
    Last edited by PlanB; 5 August 2014, 14:27. Reason: typo

Comment

She is on the deeds but only to get around the issue of council home buy discount so that me and my wife could buy it with her 60% discount shw pays no mortgage and lives here rent free as we are her carers

Comment

on the forum aad blogs there should be some light about 'homeserve' and there antics

Homeserve suspends telesales to probe mis-selling claim

Homeserve facing £34m FCA penalty
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X