GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script House Insurance RISE!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House Insurance RISE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Insurance RISE!!

I taken on House/Buildings contents cover with our bank CO OP last year, it seemed good at £16.39 a month.

Just had the renewal through now and its jumped at almost an extra £10 per month more at £25.78.

We have never made a claim!!!

What do you think folks please?

Thank you in advance.

Re: House Insurance RISE!!

Annual Premium £284.37

Buildings, Contents, Legal Expenses, & Home Rescue Plus.

"Chelt & Glos PLC as joint policy holder in respect of the buildings".

Buildings Section:

Sum Insurered:
    The rebuilding costs (Maximum sum payable £500,000.00)

Accidental Damage: Operative

No Claim Discount: 40%

Excess £150.00

Excess for claims relating to subsidence, heave or landslip: £1,000.00

Contents Section:

Sum assured: (index linked): £33,419.00

Accidental damage: Operative

High Risk items limits, any one article pair, set, or collection: £2,000.00

No claims discount: 40%

Excess: £100.00

Legal Expenses Section: Free
    Limit: £50,000.00
    Trespass: £250.00

HomeRescue plus: Operative.

Buildings: £165.89
    Contents: £79.75

Legal Expenses: Free

Home cover total: £245.64

HomeRescue Plus: £22.64

Total = £268.28

Insurance Premium Tax: £16.09

Total Premium: £284.37

Credit Charge: £22.76

Total Amount Payable = £307.13.

Comment

I wonder why we have these %no cliams when it makes no difference at all, it still goes up, I would just do all the comparison sites Di, I know it is a ball ache but maybe could save something, we have ours with the NFU and it is £352 pa, but our excess is £0 apart from heave or subsidence which is the £500. Makes you wonder whether it is worth claiming every year for something or other, new carpet/TV/suite/bed/bathroom - There will always be another company wanting your custom next year.

Comment

Same old chestnut, it is a quote so never accept it as they are not loyal to you, this applies to any Insurance Quote every year always try and beat it and thus using the info you posted above do a search.

The chances are you get get this cheaper elsewhere.

Comment

Whilst Comparison sites are one form to use, there are others like the high street and phone book because whilst they are an easy option they are not always the cheapest as those insurers
          work in add hock.

Directline for example pulled out of using comparison sites for that reason and have been known to undercut them.

So the rule is use various forms to get a truer reflection of cost
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 12 July 2012, 12:43.

Comment

Well mines just doubled and I'm in the business, your broker if you have one should check the rates every year and if you dont it's always worth going to market to check!!!!!

Also Di check you want the add ons , they could be replicated on other covers/bank accounts, or they might not be worth it.

Comment

Thank you all.

And yes I do have so much benefits with my bank account too, and sure when I take it out last year directly in the bank this was checked, so not to double on everything.
              Worth checking through again though.

Comment

any family members in the NHS?

we had a cracking deal from royal sun alliance more than..hefty discount through NHS Discounts | Exclusive offers and benefits for NHS staff

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                  any family members in the NHS?

we had a cracking deal from royal sun alliance more than..hefty discount through NHS Discounts | Exclusive offers and benefits for NHS staff
                  I used to work for the NHS, and the benefits were brilliant, that was many moons ago before i had my children lol.

My sister works for them LOL, but no-one else living in the same household.

However, my son works for Allied Health Care, now under SAGA I believe, and receives benefits, but not sure what and who would be covered under them.

I doubt if the NHS bens continues once you no longer work for them, but it's good to know for the future, if I return to that field of employments.

Cheers. x

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Same old chestnut, it is a quote so never accept it as they are not loyal to you, this applies to any Insurance Quote every year always try and beat it and thus using the info you posted above do a search.

The chances are you get get this cheaper elsewhere.
                    Hi,
                    Try compare the market.com great rate for the car saved a lot, BUT also just arrived an Alexander meerkat simples
                    Last edited by helmsman; 12 July 2012, 15:21.

Comment

Working...
                    X