Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning

My Son had a letter through the post this morning declining a Vanquis card, my son had no knowledge of this as he had never applied for one let alone heard of them.

So he phoned them as naturally it set the radar off and he thought fraud, it turns out he acquired about an Argos card on-line and they past his details to vanquis and in turn they did a credit check on him and turned him down.

What is the legal position on this because if they accepted his cra search they would of sent him a card that he did not want or applied for.

Furthermore did Argos really send his details to vanquis or did vanquis bank get them from some other means.

Regards

Re: Warning

What a coincidence because I got a Vanquis pre-selected application form too on Saturday. Considering I have over 20 defaults on my credit file they must be lowering their standards

Comment

I got a replacement card on Saturday as my old one is 3yrs old
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        Funny thing going on with Vanquis- I got a pre approved app form in the post yesterday! NEVER had one of them before! They must have bought a mailing list from somewhere!
        I got one today also!

Comment

Could this mean that Vanquis has infiltrated Niddy's secret mailing list?

Comment

Feeling left out

We never get invited to take part in any of the scams that are the credit card "industry" these days. Its been good to live entirely without them these last couple of years or so.

Its strange how you can get by and have a lot of things you really want when you are not pouring dead money into incompetent gamblers pockets.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

I have a Vanquis and a Capital one credit card thanks to Niddy but at least I don't get junk mail from them anymore just bills

Sub prime feels like an off cut and prime feels like steak so at the moment I'm a dam burger wanting to be a big juicy steak

Comment

Working...
              X