GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Packaged bank accounts mis selling - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packaged bank accounts mis selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaged bank accounts mis selling

Packaged bank accounts mis selling!

Was browsing through and note yet another way to make a reclaim for compensation on Packaged bank accounts if eligible.

May have to check my statements, when I was with Lloyds they kept changing ours all the time, without going through what we was eligible or not eligible for, they upped it where we ended up paying more for it!

Will have to look more into this first though, any further info on this does anyone know?

Cheers.

Re: Packaged bank accounts mis selling

This was covered in the press and while not all will be mis-sold some will for instance if you had travels insurance in the package and it would not cover you due to needing a specialized policy due to medical conditions.

Busy at the moment getting my PC sorted but will look into this more this evening

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      This was covered in the press and while not all will be mis-sold some will for instance if you had travels insurance in the package and it would not cover you due to needing a specialized policy due to medical conditions.

Busy at the moment getting my PC sorted but will look into this more this evening

Regards

Thank you Pompey.

Don't know where we stand yet then, hubby has pre med conditions as from late 90's due to an accident which still being treated for still, will be interesting to find out more though, cheers and good luck with getting your PC sorted out.

Comment

On researching did find some info in regards of packaged accounts.

In our case when Lloyds TSB pushed our account to the Premier account, we never had any mobile phones then, we already had breakdown and not even passports for travelling abroad, this cost us £25 a month and although it was never discussed with us, they just said as priveliged customers we would benefit so was automatically moving our account from Platinum to Premier, we were also Gold Service before Platinum, so can't see where we would have fully benefitted or even if the accounts benefitted us at all.

Anyway some info below............

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/s...crackdown.html

High Street banks face an imminent crackdown from the City watchdog over concerns that expensive fee-based current accounts costing up to £300 a year are being mis-sold to millions of customers.

Packaged accounts are routinely sold to customers in branches, over the phone and online as an ‘upgraded’ version of their ordinary current accounts.

They cost anything from £5 to £25 a month, which can sound like a small enough sum but, added up over a year, cost as much as £300.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/s...#ixzz1jNu9B89z

Comment

Do I or don't I give it a go on complaining/reclaiming?

Or do you think I should wait for more details via media etc?

Cheers.

Comment

Packaged accounts: How paid-for current accounts work - allaboutFORUMS
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ooh thank you 5corpio

Comment

Working...
              X