GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - can someone help me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Natwest - can someone help me?

Ok I'll do that - free is always best! Thank you again!
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Good, see you're learning fast
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Received letter from RW confirming that they have noted my comments and will cease action to recover the 'debt'. Should hear from FOS next week so will update when I have more information.
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hi all, quick update, have now received a letter from FOS saying they have contacted NW to advise of my complaint and that I should expect to hear from them with an F&F within 8 weeks, if I don't hear back or am not happy to contact them again. So here we go with another 8 bloody week wait!! Why is it when they write to me I only have circa 7 days!??

Also, Robinsons have also written to me to confirm that they will cease all collection activity and have referred back to NW.

Comment

Ok, so yesterday I received a text from NW:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we are sorry that you are unhappy with the service you have received. Your issue will be fully investigated and we will provide you with a response within the next few days, or advise you of next steps and case handler details. We will also acknowledge receipt by letter if we haven't been able to provide a resolution in 5 working days. We may call you to progress your recent complaint, please note that this call may display as a blocked or withheld number. If you miss the call, we can be contacted on XXX . Our line is open from 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri. Thank you. Your reference is XXX.

Then today, a couple of missed calls I think and them another text: I need to speak with you in order to progress your complaint but I have been unable to contact you by phone. I would be extremely grateful if you could please call me on XXX asking for XXX on ext XXX my working hours are 8am to 3:30pm Mon - Fri. I will try and contact you again between 12:45pm and 1:15pm please note that this call may display as a blocked or withheld number. Your reference is XXX Thank you

Firstly, do you think it will adversely affect me if I do not respond to their phone calls?? And second, why are they calling, surely they know I am going to want everything in writing!!! Muppets!!

Any thoughts??

Comment

I think I would send a one-liner saying thank you to them for getting in touch but you will only communicate in writing.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, trouble is I have no address or email address, just the phone number in the text message! Might try and answer one of the calls today to tell them 'everything in writing please'!!!

Comment

It says they'll acknowledge by letter in 5 working days, so if it was me I'd wait for that to arrive and take it from there. Do they even know if you still have the same phone number?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                    It says they'll acknowledge by letter in 5 working days, so if it was me I'd wait for that to arrive and take it from there.

Elsa x
                    Well spotted Elsa...I missed that
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      Well spotted Elsa...I missed that
                      Thanks Elsa, I missed that too!! I guess the FOS could've given them my number when they contacted them, am away until Saturday so will see what arrives or has already arrived in the post!

Comment

Well nothing has arrived in the post while I have been away - do you think I should call them to tell them to put it in writing?? Wouldn't want them to use me not getting in touch after their text messages as an excuse!!

Comment

I wouldn't call them Cookie. I'd write as Pixie said and ask for everything in writing for your records.

Comment

Ok, will try to get a letter off today, thanks Elsa :-)

Comment

Hi all - still not received anything from NW, but have received 2 messages from Experian - the first a few days ago says:

05/06/14

Dear Cookie2112

Thanks for your patience whilst I've looked into your complaint.

My name's XXX and I work in Experian's Customer Relations Team. Your case has been escalated to me and I'll be your direct contact about this issue. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had to contact us to complain. I understand that you're complaining because of the way that Natwest has recorded this account on your credit report whilst you are currently disputing this with Natwest. In order to resolve your complaint you would like this error rectified. I would like to explain that the information recorded on your credit report actually belongs to the lenders and we are only able to amend/remove information with their consent.

I can confirm that this account is showing as a defaulted account with the default fate of 30/09/2013. As there is still an outstanding balance on this account then Natwest are providing this account on their monthly update to ensure that the balance correct and this is the reason why there is 8 recorded in the payment history each month.

As you have stated that the actual date of default should be around August/September 2009. I am contacting Natwest for you as I am unable to amend this account without their consent. I will let you know what they say as soon as they get back to me. I'm also adding our standard dispute statement to this information, which will appear shortly: "The consumer has disputed the accuracy of this entry and we have therefore asked the provider to investigate it. Given that this data is disputed, please take care if making an assessment of any kind that may include this data." As a result, anyone viewing this information will be aware that it's being disputed.

I think it's really important to fully explain what we do when we dispute data with the company that’s recorded it. Under the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998, we have a responsibility to take 'reasonable steps' when recording information. A crucial part of these steps, is that all our clients agree to strict terms within their contract in which they understand that all the data they submit must be accurate before being shared with us. We also have a dedicated department that runs quality checks on the information we're provided with. This is to make sure that the data is compatible with our systems and that it's consistent with what's been shared previously.

Unfortunately, it's just not possible for us to manually check every individual item of information we receive. This would involve us going back to each company and asking them to re-check information that we've already agreed should be accurate when it was shared with us. Under the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) 1974, if you let us know that something is wrong once you've received a copy of your report, we're required to contact the relevant company and ask if the information has been correctly recorded.

We also add a dispute notice to the entries to record your view that the information is inaccurate. In addition to meeting our requirements under Section 159 of the CCA 1974, Schedule 1 Part II of the DPA 1998 also explains that we aren't considered to have failed in our responsibilities so long as we have followed this process. However, we can't remove information from someone's report simply because they think it's inaccurate.

This is because we have to make sure that lenders can make informed lending decisions. If we acted in this way, anyone could claim that all the negative information on their report was wrong so that they could improve their credit history. This would put our clients at risk by allowing people to potentially obtain finance that otherwise wouldn’t be offered to them. This is why permission has to be given by the data provider before any changes are made.

I hope you can appreciate why we can’t simply remove information on someone's report when they claim that it’s wrong. We would only change information without direct authorisation from the data provider if a court order was provided or we were told to do so by a recognised regulatory body. If you'd like to get an independent view of my explanation, you're welcome to contact the Information Commissioner - who regulates the DPA 1998 - at the following address: The Information Commissioner's Office: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (Tel: 0303 123 1113) I'd like to thank you for getting in touch with us about your concerns. Having read your comments and looked into this in detail, I believe I have a full understanding of your view. Feedback such as yours is really valuable to us as we're always trying to improve our products to make sure we're giving people the service they want.

However, as we are unable to amend this account without consent from Natwest and that I have contacted Natwest for you when you have stated that the default date is incorrect, I can't see any evidence of wrongdoing on our part. Therefore I will not be upholding your complaint. I do hope that I've clearly explained our position and that you find this information to be useful.

We have to let you know when we've reached a decision about the outcome of your complaint. So please consider this to be our final response. This is based on the information we have available and your case has now been closed. If you have any other information you don't think I've considered though, please do come back to me directly:- XXX, Customer Relations, Experian Ltd, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF - XXX@experian.com - 0844 481 0060 This now means that if you're still unhappy, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date at the top of this e-mail and full details can be found here: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...er-leaflet.htm ; Please let me know if you'd like me to send you a copy of this in the post or if there is anything else about your complaint that you'd like to discuss.

Kind Regards

XXX

Then today I have received this email:

Dear Cookie2112

I have received a reply to the query we raised on your behalf for your Natwest account started XX/XX/2000.

Royal Bank of Scotland Group confirm the details we hold are accurate.

They ask that we keep the information on our database and they have provided the following comments as well:

"Hi, having investigated the dispute in full, we can confirm that the default date and data has been updated correctly on the customers credit files. We can see there is an ongoing complaint with the bank, should the customer wish to query this further please get them to involve this within the complaint."

I cannot change this information without their authorisation.

Within the next 28 days the following statement will be removed from your credit report:

"The consumer has disputed the accuracy of this entry and we have therefore asked the provider to investigate it. Given that this data is disputed, please take care if making an assessment of any kind that may include this data."

If you would like there to continue to be a dispute statement on this information, I can add the statement below:

"The consumer has disputed the accuracy of this entry. Given that this data is disputed, please take care if making an assessment of any kind that may include this data."

Please let me know by return if you would like this statement to be added to your report, where it will then remain until we receive further instruction from you.

Alternatively, you may wish to add your own statement to this entry on your report. If you would like to add a 'Notice of Correction' to your credit report, please let us know, in writing, the exact wording you would like to use. We cannot add a statement that is longer than 200 words or one we think is defamatory, frivolous, scandalous or unsuitable for publication for some other reason.

If you wish to dispute this further, you will need to contact them directly.

Their contact details are:

Customer Assistance Team,
                              Birmingham Collections Centre,
                              Retail Banking Operations - Debt Management Operations,
                              Business Services,
                              4th Floor, 7-10 Brindley Place,
                              Birmingham,
                              B1 2TZ

You may want to provide documents to the company directly to support your comments as this can help them to resolve your dispute.

Please be assured that should the company send us any further instructions regarding this matter, we will act upon them accordingly.

Kind regards

XXX

So - any thoughts - How the hell can they say they have investigated fully!! Experian raised it with them 2 weeks ago, I haven't heard anything back for more than a year!! Can anyone advise what I should do now?

Thank you

Comment

cookie you have opened a complaint with the FOS on this?

Send it all to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X