GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - can someone help me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Natwest - can someone help me?

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    And seehttp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=741653

Parlez vous Français?

Donc, vous ĂȘtes Napoleon!
    That is funny! Thanks CleverClogs!
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Cookie
      Can you just bring it up to speed.....what position are you in and what is it you are waiting for? Is it the SARS request?

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
        Cookie
        Can you just bring it up to speed.....what position are you in and what is it you are waiting for? Is it the SARS request?
        Evening Brummie, yes still awaiting info requested in SAR (all in previous posts) from last May, they have passed it to 3 or 4 DCA's now, Wescot had been in touch and I sent them a letter confirming that Natwest hadn't sent the info so they shouldn't be chasing the money, they said their Client hadn't received request so I sent a copy of a letter from them confirming receipt etc, they wrote to me a few more times and I ignored them. As far as I can remember, the amount they are stating is made up solely of charges. They then added it to my credit report in September and I wrote to them with an offer about 3 months ago which included the default being removed (would like to get a new mortgage deal and won't get a good deal with that showing) but they have not responded. Then received the letter on Saturday saying they were passing it to another DCA. Think thats a reasonable roundup. Should add that this was a personal account which hadn't been being used for years and I was a total idiot not to close it!
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

TBH I don't know if I should be doing anything now or just waiting, have been reading through other threads with similar issues and am worried I am missing something.

I have noticed some others have listed a timeline of events (letters received etc.) so think perhaps I should do something similar, not necessarily post it here as not sure it is relevant but just so I have the information to hand should I need it.

If anyone has any thoughts on this situation I would love to hear them!

Comment

Has any of the AAD team advised you what to do, and have you followed it up, cookie? It seems to me that you need to challenge the bank over their failure to supply you with the info you requested, but i don't want your post to diversify from advice others may have given you....

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
              Has any of the AAD team advised you what to do, and have you followed it up, cookie? It seems to me that you need to challenge the bank over their failure to supply you with the info you requested, but i don't want your post to diversify from advice others may have given you....
              Hi Brummie, thanks for your message and yes I have had advice all of which I have followed and I have to say what a great place this is for both advice and support.

I am mainly annoyed with myself for letting it get to this and I guess it just feels weird not to be doing something, just waiting for their next move, have been getting lots of phone calls from odd numbers around the country and 0845 numbers, none of which I have answered just in case.

I guess because they haven't sent the info requested in the SAR I feel a bit in the dark, this is from years ago and although I think I remember what happened I have no proof and them not sending me anything makes me think they have something to hide....but in the meantime, I have to worry about phone calls and the postman and this stupid default on my file!

Total bar-stewards, the lot of them!

Comment

Let me have a read and I'll give you some suggestions first thing. Promise
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Thanks Niddy! Not sure on dates here but the last payment I made was in 2010 when I cleared (or thought I cleared) the overdraft, however I wondered if they have put the ÂŁ10 I paid for the SAR into the account so that it looked like I had made a payment last year so they could then do the default in September? Not even sure if that makes sense but something I have been thinking about. All a bit vague without up to date SAR info.

Comment

Try & chill. Will look first thing and give an opinion
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, sorry to bother you, I know you are busy.....just wondered if you had any thoughts?

Comment

Sorry, you must hate it when people go off and find things and then ask questions like this (like googling what is wrong with you before going to the doctor!)....but, found this advice given to Ronnyboy and wondered if I should be doing something similar as Natwest are adding a default every month from Sept 2013.

The advice for Ronnyboy was:

All you gotta do is login to your credit report and raise a dispute against the entry in question with the following:

"this account is a credit card account which I first missed a payment due March 2010. To date there has never been any contractual monthly payments made and based on this fact, taking into consideration the ICO Technical Guidance on Issuance of Default Markers & Notices, the account should not be generating recurring [6] markers but should in fact be defaulted (within 6 months of the first default (missed payment) occurring on the account) which means the record should be changed to a Default status with a default date around August/September 2010.

Please rectify this error as the creditor is ignorant to my repeated requests. Failure to correct the incorrect data will result in a formal complaint being raised with the Information Commissioner who, as I'm sure you appreciate, take a dim view of deliberate breaches of data processing"

What do you think??

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
                          Sorry, you must hate it when people go off and find things and then ask questions like this (like googling what is wrong with you before going to the doctor!)....but, found this advice given to Ronnyboy and wondered if I should be doing something similar as Natwest are adding a default every month from Sept 2013.

The advice for Ronnyboy was:

All you gotta do is login to your credit report and raise a dispute against the entry in question with the following:

"this account is a credit card account which I first missed a payment due March 2010. To date there has never been any contractual monthly payments made and based on this fact, taking into consideration the ICO Technical Guidance on Issuance of Default Markers & Notices, the account should not be generating recurring [6] markers but should in fact be defaulted (within 6 months of the first default (missed payment) occurring on the account) which means the record should be changed to a Default status with a default date around August/September 2010.

Please rectify this error as the creditor is ignorant to my repeated requests. Failure to correct the incorrect data will result in a formal complaint being raised with the Information Commissioner who, as I'm sure you appreciate, take a dim view of deliberate breaches of data processing"

What do you think??
                          I think that is a bloody great idea and well done for finding that post - saves me redoing it

Sorry for the delay, I have had like no time lately

Comment

I think that is a bloody great idea and well done for finding that post - saves me redoing it

Sorry for the delay, I have had like no time lately
                            No worries, I know you are really busy and I really appreciate your time, as this isn't about a credit card, I will have a go at amending the text and repost for opinions before I do anything with it! Should I write to Natwest about this as well as posting the comment on my credit report?

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Ok, had a go, what do you think of this...

This relates to an overdraft the value of which is currently in dispute with Natwest who are not complying with the regulations and sending information requested in May 2013 under the Subject Access Request rules making it impossible to resolve the issue. There has never been any contractual monthly payments made and based on this fact, taking into consideration the ICO Technical Guidance on Issuance of Default Markers & Notices, the account should not be generating recurring [6] markers but should in fact be defaulted (within 6 months of the first default (missed payment) occurring on the account) which means the record should be changed to a Default status with a default date around August/September 2013.

Please rectify this error as the creditor is ignorant to any correspondence from me. Failure to correct the data will result in a formal complaint being raised with the Information Commissioner who, as I'm sure you appreciate, take a dim view of deliberate breaches of data processing.

Would appreciate guidance on anything else I could do with Natwest who have now passed to another DCA without any response to my letter about 12 weeks ago.

Thanks again

Comment

I'd go straight to FOS now and bypass natwest. The CRA info looks fine. See how you get on

--> http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X