GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - can someone help me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Natwest - can someone help me?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I'd go straight to FOS now and bypass natwest. The CRA info looks fine. See how you get on

--> http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm
    Sorry, being thick, go to FOS with my whole complaint (charges, default, no response to SAR etc) or just about the 6 default markers? Thought I should check! Thanks
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Everything!! The business has not dealt with your complaint in 8wks so you can bypass them now.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Everything!! The business has not dealt with your complaint in 8wks so you can bypass them now.
        Ok thanks . Will have a good look at the form today.
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
          Ok thanks . Will have a good look at the form today.
          Form? The form is just what you fill in, concentrate on compiling an easy to read complaint detailing the errors. The reason you are bypassing the bank is due to having no reply for 8+ weeks which allows direct access to a FOS complaint. If you get stuck let us know,
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So I should fill in the form on the FOS website but attach a more detailed 'list' of what has happened?

Comment

You download the word doc. Type your complaint in the relevant section. As you type a new page will generate or just say "see attached complaint" and attach a separate complaint that details it all.

Comment

Really don't like this FOS form....can anyone tell me if it is worth me putting something like "if a default is actually required to be added to my credit file, surely it should've been in 2009, not 2013"??

Thanks
                Last edited by cookie2112; 29 April 2014, 19:00.

Comment

OMG I am so thick...thought I was reasonably intelligent but trying to look through these letters and info about default notices etc in the forums and I am so confused! Also worried when I write to FOS I will say something wrong and somehow shoot myself in the foot! Does everyone feel like this in these situations.

Right, account not used from around 2009 and various letters requesting payment were received, I wrote back several times asking them to refund unfair bank charges and they either wrote back with a no or they ignored my letters then I received a letter stating the intention to default in May 2013 which is when I joined AAD and sent the SAR, attached to it is a letter...

IMPORTANT YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY.....your overdraft is repayable on demand being made by the bank...the bank intends to demand payment of the total amount outstanding as set out below on or after 20 May 2013. So the amount stated is £2128.50 principal plus £20.51 interest, total £2149.01...interest will continue to be applied if payment is not made etc...but they didn't default until Sept 2013.

SAR in May was never fulfilled, passed to 4 DCA's and 6 markers have been added to credit file. Apart from when they 'pay in' the £10 I send for SAR's I don't think any payments had been made into the account since 2009 (when I paid £1k to clear overdraft of charges) obviously without the SAR info this is mainly from memory and then a further £2k of charges paid in 2010. Am I still in the right to go to FOS?? Feeling nervous!
                  Last edited by cookie2112; 30 April 2014, 12:26.

Comment

Did they respond to your original SARS? No. Do you have record of this? Back-track the whole lot and send it to the FOS.
                    And chill.

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
                      Did they respond to your original SARS? No. Do you have record of this? Back-track the whole lot and send it to the FOS.
                      And chill.
                      Hi Brummie, yes they did respond to SAR in 2009 but not the request last May. Thanks for your message, its hard to know what to put in and what they won't want to know! Will keep going and see what I end up with!!

Comment

Sorry to bother you all.....but after my mini meltdown last night I have put together some text for the FOS form and wondered if someone could look over it for me before I send it off - should I PM it to someone in particular or post it here??

Thanks

Comment

Cookie if you post something, please remember to REMOVE any personal data, including account numbers and names!

Comment

Thanks Brummie, I haven't filled out all of the form yet, just the complaint bit, still have the rest to do!

Comment

Ok, well I have now filed a complaint with FOS, thanks to Niddy for his help and patience and for checking my complaint wording!

So, fingers and toes and very firmly crossed, thanks to everyone for the support so far, will update when I hear back....no idea how long these things take but will probably be checking my emails every hour!

Comment

I'd check every couple of hours as they tend to take a little while
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X