GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - can someone help me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Natwest - can someone help me?

Are you 100% sure that Nat West are not writing to a previous address?

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
      Hi all, quick update, have now received a letter from FOS saying they have contacted NW to advise of my complaint and that I should expect to hear from them with an F&F within 8 weeks, if I don't hear back or am not happy to contact them again. So here we go with another 8 bloody week wait!! Why is it when they write to me I only have circa 7 days!??

Also, Robinsons have also written to me to confirm that they will cease all collection activity and have referred back to NW.
      Originally posted by brummie View Post
      cookie you have opened a complaint with the FOS on this?

Send it all to them.
      Hi Brummie! Long time no speak! Yes raised with FOS and they have contacted NW, so then NW are contacting me by text asking me to call them. The last post is where I have complained to Experian about the 8 default markers NW have put on my file, both Experians response stating they have contacted NW and then RBS's response are in the blue text
      Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
        Are you 100% sure that Nat West are not writing to a previous address?
        Shouldn't think so, been here 12 years and they have corresponded with me during that time and directed the DCA's to me! Good thought though!
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hi, sorry to bother you all but does anyone have any ideas what I can/should do with this - reference post #239? Thanks

Comment

sorry cookie don't know what to do . I'm in the same boat as you with a Nationwide account that they defaulted in 2007, default came off last year, and the Boogers have placed another default on for the same account feb 2014. I complained to them but they keep asking me to call and discuss the outstanding balance and how I intend to clear it. then when I complained to experian that they were recording incorrect data they came back with the reply Nationwide would like you to contact them about this account.
            Hopefully some one else can give you a pointer on where to go from here x
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks NW, its a nightmare isn't it, why on earth should their word be credible but not mine!! Good luck with yours!

Comment

Is there a live FOS complaint in relation to this and if so is it in relation to the default data at the CRA or something different?

Am I right in reading that they've reported late payments for several years and only defaulted you in 2013? Was it a bank account or credit card?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cookie.....was the agreement taken out at a previous address and not your prescent one??

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Is there a live FOS complaint in relation to this and if so is it in relation to the default data at the CRA or something different?

Am I right in reading that they've reported late payments for several years and only defaulted you in 2013? Was it a bank account or credit card?
                    Thanks for the message Niddy, hope you had a good holiday!?

After sending a SAR a year ago with no response and contact from several DCA's, I raised it with the FOS who have now emailed to say they have been in touch with NW and given them 8 weeks to get in touch with me.

I think (but cannot prove without the SAR info) that they paid my £10 for the SAR into the account and then defaulted it after that, if it should be defaulted at all (which I dispute), then it should be more like 2009 which again I can't prove without the SAR info!. I raised a complaint with Experian and the post you have read above is what NW have now responded with! No idea what to do from here!!

NW have sent 2 text messages asking me to call them, but obviously I want things in writing and they have not written to me at all yet, been approx 4 weeks since FOS passed it to them. Any ideas?? Thanks again

Comment

Ok so now you have a FOS reference reply and say what has happened....... keep the FOS updated now and slow down, stop negotiating with NW - just wait for the FOS. Also tell them you think the SAR fee was paid into an account which is also wrong.... they'll be able to help best now.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok so now you have a FOS reference reply and say what has happened....... keep the FOS updated now and slow down, stop negotiating with NW - just wait for the FOS. Also tell them you think the SAR fee was paid into an account which is also wrong.... they'll be able to help best now.
                        Thanks Niddy, I'm not negotiating with NW, the response from Bank of Scotland was to Experian after I complained about the 8 markers on my file, so should I go back to Experian as they are going to change the note on the account based on what they have now been told by NW/BOS.

Also the FOS letter says they have contacted NW and asked them to sort it out giving them 8 weeks to do so or I have to go back to FOS so I don't think the FOS are actively doing anything whilst we wait for these 8 weeks to pass.

Sorry but I am confused!

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
                          Thanks Niddy, I'm not negotiating with NW, the response from Bank of Scotland was to Experian after I complained about the 8 markers on my file, so should I go back to Experian as they are going to change the note on the account based on what they have now been told by NW/BOS.

Also the FOS letter says they have contacted NW and asked them to sort it out giving them 8 weeks to do so or I have to go back to FOS so I don't think the FOS are actively doing anything whilst we wait for these 8 weeks to pass.

Sorry but I am confused!

Thanks again

Sorry to bother you Niddy, I am keen to get the notice of correction (or whatever it needs to be) sorted asap and am not sure what to say! Am also unsure what to do with NW's text messages, I haven't responded yet but am wondering if I should be emailing the CEO saying put it in writing or something, don't want them to use the fact that I haven't responded against me! Thanks again

Comment

Hi & welcome

Let me get this straight, you previously paid over £2k of charges and now you've got the same again? For real...? Well that's not right, they can go and f*ck a duck if they think you'll pay again

If so you need a SAR so we can calculate it all then hit them with an unfairness claim. Adapt this to suit and get it sent (with a tenner) asap --> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request - allaboutDEBT UK

Then come back to us when you get the info, and we'll get this sorted for you
                            Oh Niddy, you're so eloquent

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

As said, if you've complained to the FOS you need to sit tight and wait. Just pause everything to do with the account. Sadly it'll take time but nothing we can do now you've passed it there. What did you argue in your FOS complaint and I presume you gave the bank opportunity to put things right prior to your complaint?

Can you clarify exactly what the issue is - very briefly - and what your basis of complaint to FOS was again for me? I've not got time to go and read back so a mini synopsis would be great.

Comment

Firstly, a massive apology for my long absence, it's a long and not great story but basically my computer died, then I was ill and during this my poorly MIL has been threatening suicide, I have been dealing with carers, along with the usual pressures of work etc has meant that I haven't been online for ages and I hope I am still welcome!

In the last few weeks there have been some updates with both my threads and once again I would be grateful for any assistance, I will post the letters up here later as I am aware that I really need to get some responses sorted.

NW's 8 week deadline was up last week so I need to refer this back to the FOS and would appreciate any advice you can give me as to whether I just send the previously completed form back to them with an update that they still have sorted it - or if I need to complete a new form?

Since their 8 weeks expired last week, I have received a new letter from Robinson Way, the letter to me says ' Thank you for your recent contact, our client has advised that your complaint has now been resolved and that we are to continue recovery action. Please complete and return the enclosed financial statement along with your offer of payment withint the next 14 days.'

I was going to respond to say that my issue has not been resolved but think I would like to refer back to the FOS first so that I can tell them that and not let NW know about it first and give them a chance to try and contact me.

Then the following day a letter for my OH arrives from Robinsons but it doesn't mention 'the complaint' being resolved, just asks for the form to be filled in for the outstanding amount - can confirm the wording later if required.

As always I would be very grateful for some help and guidance, thank you
                                Last edited by cookie2112; 5 August 2014, 13:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X