GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - can someone help me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Natwest - can someone help me?

Please email me the screenshot.

I think you have a strong argument (especially if you've repaid £2k of charges already) but you need the SAR.

Can you clarify how did you pay the £10? Cheque or postal order - was it cashed?

you need to do things properly now, I'll help.

1. Re-request SAR;
    2. Check documents / gather evidence

then dependant on the state of the account at key points (statements will confirm this) we'll then either;

1. Argue the charges etc (utilise FOS as last resort)
    or
    2. Concede if it's your fault (unlikely).

make sense? So you need to keep up with this and I'll sort you some stuff to send natwest tmw (SAR demand etc) once you clarify how you paid and whether it's cashed.

so don't go jumping in - run it past me first
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As for the dca - ignore them totally. Just retain all their letters.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, will send screenshot shortly. I know its too much to go back and read but I did only go to the FOS this year as suggested at the time as NW had failed repeatedly to respond to my SAR requests, they gave them 8 weeks which has now passed as well.

Grateful for your help and happy to follow your advice so if another SAR is the way to go then I will send it.

Thanks again
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hiya, just to let you know I have sent the screenshot by email as requested. Thanks
          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Thanks. That's normal trailing entries to detect default. I'd not worry about the CRA at the moment. Experian is only 1 CRA. That'll come later.

Do you recall (or have a copy) of the last SAR request sent / chaser and has payment been cashed?

Comment

Ok thanks Niddy, yes I have my letter, the receipt for the PO, their signature for the delivery of the letter and their letter confirming receipt of my SAR request and the payment.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
                Ok thanks Niddy, yes I have my letter, the receipt for the PO, their signature for the delivery of the letter and their letter confirming receipt of my SAR request and the payment.
                Great so could you send me a copy of the letter you sent and a copy of their received letter.

Then call the PO and check when the PO was cashed and clarify the date: Call them on 0845 611 2970 and finally can you clarify the date your SAR was signed for...

Thanks

Comment

Hi Niddy, thanks for your message - I need to call the number you have kindly given above (will do that tomorrow) and will then confirm when it was cashed. In the meantime I have some of the documents you have requested so will email these over to you shortly.

Thank you for your help

Comment

I'll look at this shortly for you - bear with me (lot's to read through).....

Comment

I thought you were going to update this with the excellent news that we managed to get full write off, closure & default removal

You ought to be chuffed. Another successful outcome in response to an angry niddy special

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        we managed to get full write off, closure & default removal

Comment

Well done Cookie and Nid.......love good news on AAD
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Sorry Niddy, I know I promised an update on the site on Friday night but I just wanted to send the acceptance email and get a response (which I go this morning) before I said anything on here! It's been such a long time I think I am still finding it hard to believe!

Anyway, yes, thanks to Niddy and his great letter, Natwest have agreed to clear the outstanding balance and remove all the default markers on our credit records!!!!!!!!

They have said it will take up to 60 days for the CRA's to remove everything so by the end of November/early December it will be gone - and I can finally try and get a decent mortgage deal before the interest rates go up!

I am so happy that this is over and I cannot thank all of you enough for you support and help for the last year, I am truly grateful

Will update as and when I hear anything more...like "it's all done, thank you and goodbye"

But for now, I just want to say....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              I thought you were going to update this with the excellent news that we managed to get full write off, closure & default removal

You ought to be chuffed. Another successful outcome in response to an angry niddy special

Oh god yeah I am chuffed to bits - just didn't want to count my chickens!!

Comment

I just wanted to send the acceptance email and get a response (which I go this morning) before I said anything on here! It's been such a long time I think I am still finding it hard to believe!

Oh god yeah I am chuffed to bits - just didn't want to count my chickens!

Natwest have agreed to clear the outstanding balance and remove all the default markers on our credit records!
                                Sorted. Well done Niddy

Comment

Working...
                                X