GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bradford & Bingly acct, now Santander or is it? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradford & Bingly acct, now Santander or is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford & Bingly acct, now Santander or is it?

long story short,
    had a BB savings account, letter couple of years ago saying it had been bought by Santander, then zilch, have tried in branch to sort it out and finaly have been sent a cash card and pin for it,
    on checking on line it's still not showing up on the online accounts so emailed them,
    Reply thank you please phone our dedicated B&B accounts on 0845
    my reply, I dont phone 0845 numbers you can sort it out online
    reply, we have a dedicated B&B team to help deal with your account,please contact them on 0845,
    reply, I dont call 0845 numbers, and why can't you sort it on line, it is supposed to be owned by Santander now, my card says Santander not B&B,
    we cannot deal with this on line you need to call 0845
    reply, congratulations you have now lost my custom, it is just pure stupidity that one department cannot deal with another banks accounts ,when said account is now owned by the bank you work for.
    no wonder Santander is way down the list on GOOD customer service
    Goodbye

Rant over NW
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Bradford & Bingly acct, now Santander or is it?

On the rare occasions I have had difficulty with my Satan's Den (formerly A&L) account, I just go into the branch. When they insist that it has to be dealt with by telephone, they let you use the telephones in the branch. At least that way they are paying for their own stupid telephone call.

I agree with you, though. Surely every department has computers, and employees who actually know how to type? Online customer service is routine in most industries, but apparently not in this one.

SH

Comment

Re: Bradford & Bingly acct, now Santander or is it?

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
      On the rare occasions I have had difficulty with my Satan's Den (formerly A&L) account, I just go into the branch. When they insist that it has to be dealt with by telephone, they let you use the telephones in the branch. At least that way they are paying for their own stupid telephone call.

I agree with you, though. Surely every department has computers, and employees who actually know how to type? Online customer service is routine in most industries, but apparently not in this one.

SH
      Nothing wrong with my acc since it changed from A/L to Satans Den I have not paid them for 26 months and its EN.

Comment

Working...
      X