GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Police request for driver information - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police request for driver information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police request for driver information

Looks like I did 38mph in a 30 zone last week. Police want driver details not sure of the fine yet but could be 3 points and 60 quid. I'm hoping it's a speed awareness course though! Sneaky copper was hidden with a gun.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Police request for driver information

If you haven't done a previous course within three years and your speed was below the limit set for your area then you should be lucky and be offered a SA Course. As an example, in North Yorks you are offered the course if you don't exceed 42 in a 30 zone. So fingers crossed

Comment

Best place --> http://www.pepipoo.com/Speeding.htm
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hmm, £60? Having been caught doing 37mph in a 30mph area, my fine was £100 :-(

Comment

It's £100 everywhere now. Of course if you don't reply to the s172 request within 28 days it'll be 6 points and a much higher fine !

When sending your reply get a free proof of posting.

M1

Comment

I will do thanks. Gonna be sending it off tomorrow. Yep if not replied within 28 days its 6 points and a £200 fine.

The copper who caught me was a cheeky so and so, he hid behind a van which parked in the same spot 365 days a year advertising garage doors. Hidden out of sight. Where he and the van are, is literally, on the cusp of when the signs are changing from 50 to 30. I wouldnt even like to guess how many people he caught that day.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

on the cusp of when the signs are changing from 50 to 30.

I am in two minds here. On the one hand the different speeds can be confusing, but the limits are generally there for a reason, and not just to control the traffic, but safety and noise.

There could be a case to argue depending on whether you were entering or exiting the 50mph zone, as you could not be expected to brake harshly in traffic. Perhaps the signs were not clear or obscured by traffic or trees. However, the 50mph is a limit not a goal. If in a built up area you should be less than 30 unless there are clear signs.

I live on a main road and there is a change from 30 to 40 and the reverse. Trying to cross the road when folk are going at 60mph in the 30mh zone is hair-raising. The noise of the engines revving up from 0 at the traffic lights to 60 is deafening, as it is when they spot the camera and brake to 40 or in the opposite direction to brake for the queue at the red light.. Why they need to go 60mph between traffic lights half a mile apart I do not know. I personally would like to have a speed camera parked permanently here, plus pedestrian traffic lights between the junction lights, better still just a 30mph traffic flow.

Comment

I was coming out a 50 zone in to a 30 zone. Signs are clear and not hidden
                Only thing hidden was the copper siting behind a van practically on top of the speed signs. I realise you are ment to reduce speed the moment you see the sign so it is my fault I guess just annoyed that he's catching late breakers.

Comment

Signs are only for guidance. The traffic regulation order sets the speed limit. These can be obtained from the council or highways agency depending on the road.

The signs may be in the wrong place but often they are correct.

M1

Comment

Well i sent of the letter confirming i was the driver, and today i received an invite to particpate in the speed awareness course LOL

What made me laugh is theres nothing in the letter that states the cost, the only mention of money is the cancellation fee of £25. I think this is unfair.

Anyway, im assuming it will be around £60 to £100 so will ring on Monday to make an appointment. I guess it beats 3 points and my insurance going up, even if i do have to spend a day listening to some jobs worth banging on about road safety.

Comment

I have done one of these courses it was £75 and worth every penny as is a real eye-opener, be aware some of the video's shown are very graphic in nature

I went away thinking the opposite to jobsworth as it really sank in the danger I was to other road and pavement users even if I was only doing 37 in a 30

Comment

Funny enough everyone I've spoke to who have done it all said they learned something from it so I guess it has the desired impact

Comment

Indeed, all it involves is watching a few video's, and answering a few questions via a group session so no form filling involved, plus drinking tea and coffee and eating biscuits. but the beauty is no points and fine.

Comment

Perhaps they ought to show/give the DVDs to all cyclist when they buy their bike. They also need to force Pizza and Curry delivery drivers to watch the films and pass a Highway Code test before they are allowed out on their mopeds with 'L' on the back. Speed is not necessarily an issue here, but the fact they go down one-way streets the wrong way, assume that they can weave in and out of traffic and jump lights, and of course ignore any pedestrian's right of way.

All motorcyclist and drivers need a day on A&E or recovering crash vehicles makes you nervous of ever getting in a car or on a bike. If any of you have youngster opting for motorbikes please ensure they have proper jackets and leggings or they may find themselves with multiple skin grafts when they fall and skid, even if just for a few yards when wearing jeans/shorts and shirt.

Comment

Got done a few weeks ago doing 74 in a temporary 50 on the motorway in the middle of the night. Can't say for sure if all of the signs were correctly placed, lit up, etc. Looks like it's going to court

Comment

Working...
                              X