GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome to Jchrispin - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Jchrispin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Jchrispin

Hi Jchrispin and welcome

I am sure you will find the help you need, if we can kindly ask you to check through the following links to get used to the surroundings first:-

We don't bite, Help will be on its way, whatever your circumstances. If you've received a claim from a creditor or DCA please read this thread for info - > Received a Legal Claim

Best wishes from us all at AAD Consumer Forum.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Welcome to Jchrispin

Hello

Thanks for the welcome.

My situation is that I am currently in a DMP. I have been since 2011. I have nearly paid of half my debt but had to stop full time work to care for my mum who has Parkinson's. I am now only paying half of what I did but also had to add on two extra debts that were left off the original plan because I hoped that the business would pay for them. Unfortunately this didn't happen. I do a little bit of part time work on weekends when my family are around to look after my mum.

Five of my debts are with DCA's so have decided to CCA them. I've done the first letter on 1st Feb, so am waiting to hear back. So far I have heard nothing.

I have got my second letter lined up if they don't have the CCA or don't respond. In that (as well as the standard template) I am going to offer them to accept money already paid as full and final settlement of the debt. I will also state that if they don't accept and font come up with the CCA, I will look to claim all the money back as they have been collecting the debt illegally (correct me if any of this is wrong).

I'm hoping this will bring and end to my DCA's.

It will just leave me with capital one, barclaycard, tesco and coop (business overdraft but this is currently in a complaint with the FOS as they used threatening letters to try and make me pay more than I could despite my debt management company contacting them - they know I have a mortgage as my mortgage is with them. They are threatening a charging order, but in 2011 before I entered the DMP, I tried to drawdown some money on the mortgage to help me, but we got turned down. Now they want to put a charging order on the house. They haven't even issued a CCJ yet, so this was a scare tactic).

After this, I will CCA the capital one, barclaycard and tesco.

I'm also doing PPI claims on all the above. Don't think I had any apart from on an old Britannia mortgage. This will be interesting as it was added on after the first year being free. It carried on for three years before I cancelled. I have a pre existing medical condition that probably would have made it invalid anyway. I have had a letter from Britannia telling me they are dealing with my complaint.

That's me at the moment!

Comment

A big welcome from me too x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi and welcome
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X