GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank customers could be forced to foot bill for fraud on their accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank customers could be forced to foot bill for fraud on their accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank customers could be forced to foot bill for fraud on their accounts

Bank customers could be forced to foot bill for fraud on their accounts

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 26th May 2016 15:42
    ......in future if they have lax online security

• Customers could soon be blocked from claiming compensation for fraud
    • Banks and the Government rumoured to be discussing plans
    • Comes as online banking fraud grew 64% last year

Banks could block customers from claiming money back if they are a victim of fraud and it is found they had substandard online security, according to sources at the Financial Times. Under proposals being discussed by Britain’s big banks, the Government, Bank ofBanks could block customers from claiming money back if they are a victim of fraud and it is found they had substandard online security,according to sources at the Financial Times. Under proposals being discussed by Britain’s big banks, the Government, Bank of England and GCHQ, customers could be frozen out of banking services and unable to claim compensation if their account has been hacked, even if they’ve lost their life savings. Any changes would take several years to put in place according to bankers and would happen in stages....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X