GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt advice firm director banned which traded as One Debt Solution - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt advice firm director banned which traded as One Debt Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt advice firm director banned which traded as One Debt Solution

Debt advice firm director banned which traded as One Debt Solution

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 22nd December 2015 18:25
    A debt management company boss has been disqualified as a director for 11 years, after he mislead customers and declared a £330,000 dividend to shareholders amid a torrent of complaints. Andrew Alan Dunn, director of Marketing And Lead Generation Limited (MLG), which traded as One Debt Solution, offered debt management services to people suffering financial problems. After Insolvency Service officials investigated his activities, they found that customers had been mislead about whether their repayments had actually reached through to the creditors they owed.
    In the end Dunn, 42, of Hagley, Stourbridge, gave an undertaking to the secretary of state for business, innovation and skills, which prevents him from acting as a director of a company for 11 years from December 10 2015. The Insolvency Service’s investigations found that persistent complaints were made by customers between 2010 and 2013 about MLG’s failure to pay over money intended for their creditors, and that the independent adjudicator who reviewed the complaints decided that the customers had been misled and should receive refunds. In February 2013, at a time when customers’ complaints were still under review, MLG declared a £330,000 dividend to its parent company, of which Dunn was himself a shareholder. On December 9 2013 MLG went into liquidation owing debts of more than £450,000 to customers. Susan Macleod, chief investigator at the Insolvency Service, said: “This company derived its income from people who were struggling financially and who had turned to it for help to sort out their debt problems.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Debt advice firm director banned which traded as One Debt Solution

So he has walked away with £1000s of pounds in his arse pocket! No one will do anything about it, wonderful situation for him, does he care about being banned from being a director? Think not.

Comment

Re: Debt advice firm director banned which traded as One Debt Solution

Hayley in Stourbridge is pretty affluent , its even more so now .Its trading on people's misery.
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X